December 21, 2014 | 1772 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #252 Large Shader Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought it to place highlight shadow underneath my eyebrow. Its what I told the SA I needed a new brush for and this is what she recommended. Its a bad recommendation for that and it would be better for an eyeshadow base. #239 would be better for my need. I never use this and wish I hadn't bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

I like it so much!! So easy to do my eyeshadow base! Save time because the big size, and the hair is so denseable, can do a sharp eyeshadow look!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love using this brush to apply my MAC pigments. When foiling my pigment this brush comes into its own. When applying pigment dry I never have any fall out which I do when using other MAC brushes. The brush is also wonderful for when applying pigment and getting into the curve of the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by nina428

This is a wonderful brush I use for both concealer and eyeshadow. The brush is very soft and great quality. Will recommend to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this for my cream shadows. It works great, especially for applying lid washes with my lighter cream shadows, or for spreading out eye shadow primers. However, I find it love this brush for under eye concealer. I use the click pens to apply a line underneath, and then blend out the concealer with this brush. It gives me fabulous opaqueness and seamless blending.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went into MAC and asked for a "bigger version of the 239" and this is what the SA recommended. I love it! If you are looking for a brush to sweep colour all over the lid or all over the eye quickly but still pack on the colour, this is exactly what you need. This brush is so soft, but still dense enough that one swipe is all you need to get the job done. It's my new favourite.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by bsampson09

I really like this brush. It is relatively large for a typical eyeshadow brush, but I love how quickly I can apply paint pots and all-over lid color eye shadows. I even use this brush to apply my studio sculpt concealer, which helps blend it into my skin nicely and keep it from being too cakey. I clean this brush often because it's so versatile and I have several uses for it and the quality of it is still just as good as the day i bought it! I'm a huge fan of MAC brushes and this one is definitely no exception!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go to brush for all over lid color, this brush gets the job done. I have huge eye lids so this brush has replaced my 239 by 90%.... I like how this brush pickup product and I never have product fall down. My eyeshadow adheres to this brush perfectly. the texture of the brush is awesome I have compliants with this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Cali_Dancer85

I love MAC brushes and I regret not picking up this one sooner. I've only used it for eyeshadow application so far but it's instantly become a holy grail. I'm asian with almond shaped eyes and I have a tiny bit of a double lid. This brush picks up shadow really well and deposits it on my brow area and lids like no other brush I have. None of the shadow ends up on my cheeks or under my eye like with some other brushes I have. The first few times I used it, I did notice a little prickly feeling but that went away so I can see why other users would complain that it's not soft enough. Maybe it's a quality control issue?
Either way, I love love love this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by RekaJohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favoriate brush for higlighting the area under my brow bown. I really love it for that. Its great for applying pigmets or shadows wet as well.