July 23, 2014 | 1972 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Sellout

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by pembrokee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite colors, ever. It brings out my green eyes. I think sellout is flattering for all shades, and styles. I go through the token case quickly, because I apply a few layers... I think they should add this shade to The Naked Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I chose Sellout to fill my neutral pink toned quad I was building for an upcoming trip. I had Naked, Laced & Sin. Honestly, until I saw the pics that came up when searching Google Images of Sellout & Laced (not affiliated, but this is what sold me), I would have never picked it up. But this picture sold me (link below is bringing up pic, but if you want to see it you have some of the info.-Not affiliated). I loved the cool toned pink hue of it. It is an intense shade for being so pale. I would not use this up on my brow bone as I think it would look too white/chalky. But it is great for an ice princess type look with my makeup. And when ever I need to brighten the inner rims, corners of my eyes, this is my go to shade.

PS-I almost went with YDK, I love the color, but there was a bit of fallout & I have it in my N2 palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

sellout is probably one of my favorite eyeshadows within my makeup. i love it and it was my first urban decay eyeshaow. the packaging is so nice and pretty and compact. the pricing is around $18 which is expensive for a single eyeshadow. these shadows are so pigmented and easy to blend. i'd recommend trying urban decay eyeshadows - best i've ever tried (besides stila) the formula is so buttery and easy to apply. this color reminds me a lot of sin, i don't own sin or the naked palette myself, but it reminds me a lot of it. a good dupe is walking on eggshells from wet n wild (the eyelid color), if you would rather spend $3 than $18 and wet n wild has good quality. i'd recommend trying this out though, or an eyeshadow similar to this one, it's so beautiful and perfect for everyday or spicing up a look

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is very similar in shade to Bootycall from the Naked 2 palette, except Sellout has more pronounced shimmer (not chunky glitter but shimmer) and pigment to it. I was using Bootycall as a highlight shade for the inner corners of my eyes and sometimes my brow bone. But I don't like the palette and decided to put it up for swap and they don't sell Bootycall as a single. Sellout is definitely more dramatic and sometimes I feel like it's too highlighty for the office but I just use a light application.

Nevertheless, if you're looking for a natural highlight shade to really highlight, this is it. The reason I am writing a review on it is because I feel like so many lighter highlight shades are unnatural and too white. I realized after using Bootycall and Sellout that a pinkish tint really does make it blend in with the skin and look more natural (and I have a yellow undertone).

I do think this shade could be found in some cheaper brands, but I was lazy and didn't want to search. Normally, I wouldn't pay so much for something that I'd only use on the inner corners of my eyes, but UD had a sale on their website. I guess if I only use it for such a small area, it'll last me for years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

This is a shade I reach for when just wanting a little bit extra with my make up. I personally prefer shadows such as sin as a highlighter but this I use on my lid to open my eyes then use a natural matte such as naked in my crease. This shadow can be used for both day and night. I would say however that against tanned skin it may look slightly white rather than champagne. I would say this suits cool skin rather than warm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I love Sellout, it's one of my most used shades in the BOSII palette. It works nicely as a very sheer wash, applied very lightly as a brow highlight, and also as an inner corner highlight. The texture is very very smooth with zero fallout, and no shimmer, just sheen. It's a great versatile shade, and I would love to have it in my dream custom UD palette.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I just picked this up at my Sephora today. I've had Midnight Cowboy for a while now, & I love the color....but I can't stand the glitter fall out all over my face. I've heard this comes close to Midnight Cowboy, without the glitter. So, I decided to try this. I automatically loved the color & texture of this eyeshadow. It's very smooth & velvety, it has a nice shimmer (but no glitter!, thankfully), blends very well, & this is extremely buildable. I don't think this is exactly the same color as Midnight Cowboy, but it comes close. This is a champagne color, that has some white/pink/silver shimmery undertones to it. This eyeshadow made my eyes glow! I put this all over my lid, then I put some black eyeshadow in my creases. It created a beautiful smokey eye! I got compliments all night long about my eyes. I can see this color being able to blend with pretty much any color. The staying power of this eyeshadow is very good. This color also looks nice if used alone. It's a very simple, classy eyeshadow. Nothing over the top about it. But it definitely adds that little "POP" to your eyes, if that's what you're looking for. This is pretty expensive for an eyeshadow, I believe it's $17. But, I get a discount at Sephora, so mine came cheap. You do get a lot of eyeshadow though, so it should last a while. I will definitely buy this eyeshadow again, & I also want to get some more colors as well. Overall, I definitely reccommend this if you're looking for a classy, simple, not over done look. This can also be made extra dramatic if you use with another color eyeshadow.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by fairlady01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful color and texture, but it's too frosty for a wash. Sellout is just the right type of color for brightening up my pale NW10 skin, but just a little too shimmery. It might be a nice highlight in the inner corner for ladies with darker skintones. I much prefer Stila Starlight to this color for an everyday wash all over the lid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Highly pearlised, highly frosty peachy-pinky. So needless to say, if you have an aversion to excessive frost - steer clear.
Most likely more flattering on cooler-toned complexions (certainly, my yellow-based skintone did not appreciate it).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love this color, but I hate, hate, hate how shimmery it is! I agree with other reviewers who have described this as "frosty." I'm so disappointed! Sellout is a little pinker than MAC's Naked Lunch, which I love, so I thought Sellout would be my new HG. Unfortunately, it's too shimmery for me. I like the idea of using it as a highlighter on cheekbones, so I may try that. If this weren't so shimmery, this would be my HG. The color is gorgeous and the texture is silky.