October 26, 2014 | 1290 users online

Lotions/ Creams - C.O. Bigelow - Lemon Body Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I can only use this lotion in summer, because it delivers light moisture without being sticky at all - but when the temperatures start to fall, my skin will be too dry for this and will need more moisture and oils than this lotion delivers. But for summer, this is fine.

What turned me off though, were two things. First: The scent reminds me too much of lemon scented cleaningdetergents. Too fresh and a tiny bit stingy, to my nose at least. I prefer lemon scents with a slightly sweet touch, more like lemon cookies :-)

Second: There is a warning on the backside of the bottle, to not use this and expose the skin to sun. I guess this is because of the citric acid, which makes skin more sun-sensitive. Though this acid may also help evening out the skintone and smooth rough patches, I feel very uncomfortable being aware of the side effects it causes. Thatīs why Iīm not even using the half finished bottle to the end now. Wonīt buy again, of course.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Jenni4Design

Works as well as any other lotion I've used. The best thing I like about it is doesn't interfere with other fragrances. Won't be buying again because there's too many options out there to stay with a lotion I only feel meh about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very nice lotion. I got this during BBW's semi-annual sale for much less than it's $19.50 price tag, but would have paid full price since this lotion is so good. Has a very light, creamy texture, absorbs quickly, yet moisturizes well. Also has a light lemon scent (due to the lemon oil in this) that smells delish and fades within 5-10 minutes, so it doesn't interfere with other fragrances. Great for spring and summertime! Would rebuy!