October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Eyes - Make Up For Ever - EYE SEAL - Waterproof Liquid Converter

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Ch1zz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

good to be mix with your dry gel liner. bring them back to life!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've always read rave reviews about MUF and just tried their concealer which I fell in love with. I bought this stuff because my eyelids are super heavy and really oily and literally nothing will stay on them. Not gel liner, not liquid liner, not any of the above set with primer, etc. It's awful.

My plan was to use this over bobbi brown gel liner to see if I could get a look that would stay for 8 hours during the day. The lady at Sephora told me to just brush this right on top of my finished eye makeup (gel liner, powder, etc) and that the look would be sealed and set until I used makeup remover to take it off.

Unfortunately, that method turned out to be a disaster. All it did was smudge and water down the eye makeup. I tried applying the product with my finger, with a q-tip, with an eyeliner brush, but nothing worked and it just watered down whatever I had on.

The only way this stuff worked for me is that I had to mix it with powder shadow before applying it. This works well, but I'm still giving the product 3 stars because it doesn't work in the way that the packaging claims. If I had been told that you couldn't really put this stuff right on top of your eyemakeup then I never would have purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by michelle2583

Once every few years, I discover a product that changes my makeup routine entirely. This is that product! I have always favoured using shadows as liner in lieu of pencil, due to the fact that there is always at least one shadow in a palette that gets little use as an actual shadow. I don't care much for dark colours for day as an all over shade, but Eye Seal has given new life to a lot of darker shadows in the form of liner. It is quite easy to use with a fine cake liner brush, dipped into the product, then dipped into the shadow. Applying it this way gives a clean, tight line that stays on my lids all day. I have even worked out in full makeup ( by accident, not my usual routine ), and the line stayed put right through my sweaty cardio. My only complaint about this product would be the packaging, I suppose. A little goes a long way, and it is difficult not to over-dispense with the squeeze format. Perhaps an eye dropper in the lid would be a more effective way to control how much product is dispensed? Overall, this is my new favourite product, and I would not hesitate to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by tyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this mainly for reviving my dried out gel eyeliner. I just pick a small amout of eyeliner and then mix it with this Eye Seal on the back of my hand - a smooth and intense line again! I just need less then 1 drop for each application so the bottle will last me for a long time. Don't put this directly in any eyeliner pots though or it will ruin the whole thing. It really makes my line smudge and water proof. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by christineneogoh

I went ahead to get this from Sephora after reading all the good reviews here. It costs me SGD45.00 for this little bottle. I bought this with the intention to waterproof / smudgeproof my MAC technakohl. I followed the instructions which was to apply my eyeliner as I normally would, then apply the Eye Seal over it. This didn't work as it kinda split opened my eyeliner, I tried patting it on, didn't work either. I was on the verge of giving up but decided to try it on a cake eyeliner. Initially it didn't work either, I dabbed a little eye seal on the brush before trying to pick up some color from the cake eyeliner. Effect: The line was very faint but waterproof. I couldn't do anything to it to intensify the color at all. The second day, I tried another method, which was to dab the brush with eye seal then circle the brush in the cake eyeliner mixing it and VOILA! intense lines which are smudgeproof and waterproof! I'm loving it eversince, I am using this to tightline my eyes as well. This is definitely not possible with other waterproof liquid liners which will smudge within 30mins. After I am done with this bottle, I may purchase the I Nuovi Fix It to try as its only half the price.

I am still unable to use this with kohl eyeliners without having the line splitting, so was wondering if anyone can help me out here!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this underneath my MAC Paint Pots or any cream eyeshadow for that matter and it'll make the colours last through 2-3 hours of tennis in hot, humid Malaysia. Lasted through an hour of boxing too. Btw, after putting my cream shadows through the 2 hours sweat test, this will be my findings (I always use an eye cream around my eye area, and no eye primers, and my lids are normal, not super greasy or super dry):
1. Shiseido Hydro Powders: Disappeared without a trace within 30 minutes, without streaking though.
2. Bobbi Brown Long Wear cream shadow: Lasted about an hour, and went all streaky.
3. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadowliner: Lasted less than an hour, but didn't go all streaky like the Bobbi Brown one.
4. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Shadow Creme: This one only lived up to the last half of its lengthy name. It stayed in place for around an hour before making a gradual exit, a bit like Benefit, but slightly more lasting. No 'double wear' here.
4. MAC Paint Pots: Stayed with me the whole duration, but in the end the intensity of the colour would have faded by maybe 50%. No streaking at all.

But with MUFE Eye Seal underneath, I noticed that even the least performing Shiseido Hydro Powder managed to last the sweaty sessions. Not bad at all huh? :) Put the eye seal underneath the MAC Paint Pots, well, lose or win my game of tennis I still came out of it with marvelous looking eyeshadow colours. Though the rest of me did look like something even the cat refused to drag in.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Natsumichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I used it for the first time today, I was hoping that it helped my eyeliner stay in place. But actually it didn't, I looked like a racoon within like 2 hours... when I got home I realized it was a mess! I think it would have been better if I only used UDPP instead of this useless thing that promises to stay waterproof....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

This product is a blending and adhesive agent meant to be used in blending your own liners. I find that when I use it for my mixing it just takes one or two drops for me to be able to create quite a bit of product and although it was pretty pricey int he end I've made my investment back since I no longer have to go out and buy tons of other eye lines to match my makeup that day. Any color that I want to create is just a simple scrape and drop away - this can also, or course, be applied directly to the brush for equally amazing effects. Eye seal stays in place all day and I never have to worry about rechecking my liner to see if it's still in place. I love this product and will most definitely be purchasing it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For some reason this product was just terrible to me. I couldn't seem to make it work with anything I tried using it with, powder or cake. I used to use it with gel liners to help them apply easier and more like a liquid, but over time I noticed it actually hardened the gel liners. Some became unusable, and I haven't gotten around to fixing them (http://stashswatch.blogspot.com/2009/02/tutorial-reviving-gel-liners.html <--this is an easy way I found through google). It's also kind of expensive for how little it is. At least in the eyes of a college student xD

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by thesilvershoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All this product did was smear my eyeshadow everywhere. If there are any waterproofing properties to it at all, I wouldn't know, since I removed it ASAP. What's the point of having water-resistant makeup if it looks like crap?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No