October 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Flowerplay [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this in a swap. It was my first, but definitely won't be my last, MAC lipstick. I'm not big on lipstick and usually just wear glosses. However, I love how this feels and looks on me. It's bright, at least for me, but really is very flattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by sylvir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first impression was that I was not going to like the texture of this. It appears to have a fine, gritty texture, but to my surprise, it actually wears very smoothly. If I try really hard to rub my lips against each other, then I do feel the glitter, but otherwise it's not noticeable at all.

In the tube it's a gorgeous, bright, poppy pink color. Swatched on my hand, it comes off sheer, but does not lose the intensity of it's color.

The color on the lips is exactly like the color in the tube, except more sheer and thus extremely wearable. For me, it is a fun, playful, gorgeous pink that I can wear everyday. It really looks good with my everyday, light, natural makeup. It adds that perfect brightening touch of color, making the entire face look more awake.

I've had no problems with this emphasizing any dry lines on my lips, but always remember to moisturize and exfoliate the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been really into pinks lately and this by far is one of my favorites. It looks a little bright in the tube, but on my pigmented lips it's very sheer so I have to layer it on a bit to get any color payoff. I'll definitely be reaching for this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sweetie_cake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Picked this up at a CCO. Very pretty color. I pair this with Melt In Your Mouth cremesheen gloss for a pretty pink lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MKitt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Took a chance on this on ebay and thank the good makeup gods that I did! I effing LOVE this lipstick. You hear me?! LOVE! :D As the girls have said it looks scary in the tube. I've got light, islander skin so anything pink is scary enough already but you can see glitter in the tube. You start thinking oh god it's gonna look tacky but ladies, this does not. It is divine. As lustres do it glides on like a dream and leaves a subtle, sexy shimmer. The color is a combination of pink, peach, coral and all kinds of PERFECT. It brightens up your face and it's noticeable in a totally good way. MAC why must you keep sucky colors around and the gorgeous ones to greedy ebayers?!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this at the cco for cheap!!! And I must say that this color is awesome on light to medium asian skin. It brightens up your face with out being too in your face if you know what I mean. The texture is smooth and doesnt feel gritty even though it looks like theres glitter in the formula. This is definitely hg for me and if I could buy it again I would. I hope it gets repromoted soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by muffinphonic

I'm not usually a fan of pinky coloured lipsticks as despite suiting them (light yellow toned asian skin), they make my teeth look really yellow.

This one is a bit better as it isn't as harsh as other pinks. Its a flattering shade, not as bright as the tube suggests but bright enough to liven your face up. Its shimmery (but not glitter, just subtle shimmer) and almost irridescent. I have to deduct a point for it not lasting as long as mattes, but its still not bad.

Its perfect for me as i do smokey eyes a lot and most people usually use nude/beige lipsticks when doing smokey eyes. I hate nude/beige lips as i have pinkish lips naturally and i look freaky when i look like i have no lips. This is a great quirky substitute for nude and i would suggest particularly yellow toned girls try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lilhenna

Soooo scary in the tube for an NC42, but lovely on. Lustre color that's a perfect pink. I wish I would have purchased a backup!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Khailyne

An amazing lipstick! Peachy pink lustre with a subtle shimmer. Fits my light-medium yellow-toned oriental skin, and matches the natural blush of my cheeks! Very very pleased. I bought my tube from e-bay; i would buy it again if i can finish this tube and if i can still find it online.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia225

I absolutely love this lipstick--it is the perfect bright pink color! I bought it as part of the MAC Strange Hybrid collection, and I was definitely pleased with it. I just wish it wasn't LE, but I am sure you could find some on ebay, albeit jacked up in price somewhat. Anyway, it is a nice summery color, and I always get compliments whenever I wear it. It perks up my pale NW15 complexion, but it's not an over the top fuchsia..more so a medium fuchsia pink. Lovely!