April 17, 2014 | 937 users online

Treatments - Dermalogica - Gentle Cream Exfoliant

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LauraCollopy

I have had hormonal acne for the past 6 months or so after having always had clear skin. I have been trying every product on the market and am reviewing them all now to try and help people struggling like me!

I bought this because Lisa Eldridge recommended it on YouTube, It was expensive! I have been using it for a few weeks now and I don't really get the hype. It does feel stingy when applied which I like as it suggests it is working. But I am not silky smooth and glowing afterwards. I feel like I need to clear my chin a lot which is where I get breakouts but I don't see any benefit from it, even when I have applied it daily just to my chin. I feel like the skin there is still clogged with dead skin (eugh).

So I wont be buying again. i thought this would be a face saver but was a waste of a lot of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Miek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very good exfoliating mask! Leaves a slight stinging feeling at first, but this fades away after a few minutes. Leaves my skin feeling baby soft and very bright, healthy looking. I am not a very big fan of Dermalogica products, but this one is quite exceptional. HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by MoaLoa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this once and it gave me rash that lasted for weeks ! :/

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think this product is okay... It became extremely helpful when my skin really needed the exfoliation though it didn't seem effective when my skin condition was alright. My only mistake was putting too much of this, it worked better when applied thinly.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by swmbo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Misleading name!

My skin tends to be on the sensitive side, but this masque took it to the extreme - I used it only for 10 minutes and it brutalized my skin - bright red, flaky and sore (like the most extreme form of windburn in the world) - even a couple of days later, it still hurts. Definitely not recommended for anybody with sensitive skin, despite the name of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing! Ive been using dermalogica exfoliants for a while now and swear by them. This is a good one that is a cream not a scrub and is gentle and does the job well. You only need to use it once maybe twice a week for maintenance. I remember this to be a skin savior one time i got really really sunburnt on my face and had the worst peeling and had to go to work the next day, but i exfoliated using this and the dead skin just came off without any scrubbing pain or irritation and no one could even tell how bad my skin looked the day before! I have dry skin normally and this helps remove any dry patches and also helps smooth my skin so my moisturiser can penetrate deeply and work its magic! Highly recommend

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To be fair, I've only used this twice...but I already love it. The first time I used it, before I applied it, I had small bumps all under my nose and on my forehead. After using this, they went away! I used it again tonight and it just really cleaned out my pores. It doesn't burn or sting me at all...and I have very sensitive skin. I have high hopes that this is the product I've been searching for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. So many face masks are a waste of money; they feel good but do very little. With this one I feel like I am really getting an effective skin treatment. Some blocked pores cleared up pretty quickly after I started using this. But don't overdo it! The first time I used it, because it felt like it had "stopped" I just left it on for a while and my face was red for days. But I knew that was my own fault, lol, so I waited a while and gave it another shot. When I follow the directions, it leaves my skin smooth and fresh, feeling deeply cleaned. It's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by letseat

This is my favourite exfoliant along with the REN gycolic mask. I have extremely sensitive skin and this cream/ mask gentle exfoliates the top and under layers of my skin without leaving my skin red. This exfoliant has lactic acid which comes from milk so it is very gentle - some may not see a difference the first couple times you use it.

I use this once a week along with the REN once a week for only 5 mins and my skin is glowing afterwards. My blocked pores are also easily unclogged by gently squeezing following the use of this mask. I make sure I use a hydrating mask after this so my skin isn't too dry.

I recommend you give this a good month before you give it up and you won't regret it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after Lisa Eldridge recommended it in one of her videos. I suppose that this type of exfoliant might work wonders for certain people, but it didn't for me at all. I have combination skin with very mild rosacea and very mild seborrheic dermatitis, which means I get occasional breakouts, redness, and flaky skin. I usually exfoliate around 1-2 times a week with a Clinique scrub, but I decided to give this a try since it's a chemical exfoliant and it's supposed to do less damage to the skin on the long run. Now, my aim when exfoliating is to get brighter, cleaner looking skin, to reduce scars over time, and to remove the bits of flaky skin (which are a pain when applying foundation otherwise). This Dermalogica product works well for the first two, but it won't remove any flaky skin. If you have flaky skin due to dryness, this scrub might still work for you, but if it's because of a skin condition and your skin is also oily, you're better off with a physical scrub for deep exfoliation.