Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Diatomaceous Earth, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Papain, Bromelain, Steareth-21, Steareth-2, Cetearyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Lactic Acid, Sulfur, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

I purchased the Gentle Cream Exfoliant from Dermalogica after having my face mapped at David Jones. I have sensitive/combination skin - some bits are dry, some bits are oily and some bits just loooove making those stupid blind tiny white pimples that don't go away. Oh yeah and I also get giant ones sometimes. And blackheads.

ANYWAY I LOVE this product!!!! I try to use it when I'm in the bath and my face is sweating heaps because I think it helps the product to work better. It does mean that I get drippy sweat with product in it dropping down my face but it never goes near my eyes (DO NOT PUT THIS PRODUCT NEAR YOUR SENSITIVE EYES). After I wash it off (after about 12 mins - I allow 2 mins to apply to face, neck and chest) my skin is sooooo soft and looks great!!! Is usually do this at night and then put on whatever treatment I want and go to bed and the next day ta da my skin is beautiful!!!

Please go and see someone from Dermalogica and get them to face map you. They will know if this product is right for you (obviously everyone can be wrong sometimes). Also follow instructions religiously!

Do not do this after you have shaved your face if you do that - way too much exfoliation (unless your skin is super tough)

Likewise I'm not sure if this is good if you're using a strong retinol product? I've never used one but it could be too much for the skin.

And also remember to wear sunscreen because your baby soft skin will be extra susceptible to sun damage. Also who the flip wants to pay like $70 for a product and then ruin it by getting sun damage?

Another great thing about Dermalogica (I'm not sure if this happens everywhere but in Chadstone, Melbourne it does) when you spend over $150 (easy to do) you get a free 45 min facial catered to your skin!!! AMAZING!!! I am always strategic about when I buy my products so I can get a facial.

P.s. This lasts me months and months and I use it at least once a week.

on 2/20/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

To me ... using this once a week is like having a new face weekly , it contains my favorite skincare ingredient which is Lactic acid in it , can't live without it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

As a loyal Dermalogica user for years, this is without a doubt one of the brand's BEST products, I can never be without it. Being 40 yrs old and starting to look my age, this treatment used weekly absolutely performs. Instantly improves texture and refreshes dull looking skin, also seems to tighten as well. Even though it is suggested not to be used around the eyes, with careful application, helps to diminish fine lines. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! I pray it is never discontinued...

on 10/1/2014 7:36:00 AM

This product was recommended by a makeup artist that I trust, but I guess it worked for her and it was not the right product for me! I purchased this product about a year ago, I used to use it once or twice a week, but I find no results! I still apply it every now and then just for the sake of using it all rather than throwing it away. still, no impressing results at all. I would say glow glam wins over all the masks out there.

on 9/12/2014 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm sooo in love with this product! This was recommended by Lisa Eldridge and I've been relying on this ever since. My skin is extremely oily and quite blemished. At least once a month i will breakout and this product has been keeping them at bay. I highly recommend this to people with oily+blemish skin as this works like magic. Before i tried to use several products like clay mask, tea tree oil but seems like those product irritated my skin. I finish it off with gentle non alcoholic toner and moisturizer tt contains salycilic acid. I've been using this for a month now and will definitely purchase it. Hands down, this is my holy grail!!!

on 7/30/2014 3:01:00 PM

I liked the idea of this, especially since "gentle" is in the name, and my skin is sensitive. However, when I used it, I didn't see any results, except it made my skin bright red.

on 6/12/2014 2:50:00 AM

This cream exfoliant was a recommendation by the oh so wonderful Lisa Eldridge. I bought it and tried It the se day. I left it on for 10 mins and washed it off and my skin looked absolutely squeaky clean.. BRIGHTER which I didn't really think it would do and sooo smooth. Ive continued to use this for 3 month now and I'll stick with it! It does great for my skin making it look healthy and supple. I was never a fan of the "scrubs with the grains" in as they would irritate my skin but this really does lift off dry dull skin. I like touching my face afterwards it feel so smooth and it looks taught and very polished clean. There's nothing I don't like about it to be honest and I'm usually very moany and critical about products as I think most are a waste of money. However, It's a really cool product and I'll definitely have this one for life.

on 4/28/2014 8:46:00 AM

this product ive used a few times in the past and it was okay. doesnt really do anything. but the very last time that i used it, my cheeks went all red and blotchy. such a bad reaction to it. i dont understand why cos i used it in the past and this didnt happen.

i dont think ill buy this again.

on 4/15/2014 5:34:00 PM

I have had hormonal acne for the past 6 months or so after having always had clear skin. I have been trying every product on the market and am reviewing them all now to try and help people struggling like me!

I bought this because Lisa Eldridge recommended it on YouTube, It was expensive! I have been using it for a few weeks now and I don't really get the hype. It does feel stingy when applied which I like as it suggests it is working. But I am not silky smooth and glowing afterwards. I feel like I need to clear my chin a lot which is where I get breakouts but I don't see any benefit from it, even when I have applied it daily just to my chin. I feel like the skin there is still clogged with dead skin (eugh).

So I wont be buying again. i thought this would be a face saver but was a waste of a lot of money!

on 2/26/2014 12:19:00 PM

Very good exfoliating mask! Leaves a slight stinging feeling at first, but this fades away after a few minutes. Leaves my skin feeling baby soft and very bright, healthy looking. I am not a very big fan of Dermalogica products, but this one is quite exceptional. HG!

Popular Treatments (Face)