September 1, 2014 | 1008 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by taylormcgrath17

BEST PRODUCT

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MMBisMe903

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! I cannot rave about this enough! It makes my lips feel all smooth, and it gives them a little shine. It's awesome, the tin is cute and there's enough product in there to last you for months. AND it was only $6 at Sephora!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by 5sos1d

This lip balm does a great job of moisturizing my lips. It makes them feel so soft and smooth. The tin is really cute and lasts for a very long time. The rose smell is sweet and subtle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by VleVine05

I first heard about this product from reading all of the magazine articles with makeup artists raving about it so I decided to get it and seeing as how it is really inexpensive I said "why not?". Once I opened the tin and smelled it, I was in heaven! I love the smell of roses and this is so perfect. At first I just used it as lip balm but then I read the underside of the tin and decided to try it out for my blemishes and I actually think it helped to make certain breakouts go down. Now I use it on dry spots from my acne products, on scars, I brush it on my eyebrows, I use a teensy bit for a cheek highlighter. I also like to mix it with a dark lipstick to create a pretty sheer lipglossy-balm, or make a cream blush out of it. Sometimes, if I feel adventurous, I will mix it with loose eyeshadow to create a weird glossy eye look. I love the scent and texture of this multipurpose balm and I will not stop buying it because it is such a great makeup staple that has, in my opinion, earned its cult beauty product status. I also love the tin design. My only problem is that when it overheats it gets everywhere and you have to put it back where it must go so that you don't get it all over your hands each time you open it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by maiitaii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this primarily as lip balm, it's great. What I love most about it is the packaging (the tube, not the tin). It does a great job moisturizing, and smells really nice. It can also be used for cuticles and dry patches of skin. My only complaint is that it wears off relatively fast, but my lips aren't dry after that so it's all good (some lips balms leave my lips dry as soon as they come off). Honestly, Vaseline is just as good if not better (but that's no slight to this seeing as Vaseline is my HG lip balm), but the tub packaging drives me nuts, so this is worth it for the packaging alone. But no, this really does do a great job at keeping my lips soft and plump, and I love the light, non-sticky texture.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nope, nope, nope. Can't stand this stuff. It feels like an oil slick on your lips and the smell is nauseating. Not moisturizing at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by mlthom123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, the tin is so darn cute, and I felt so special treating myself to a present after shopping for everyone at Christmas. But come on. At 60+ I do not want to struggle at bedtime trying to open a tin just to moisturize my lips. Or during the day. And it was a struggle! Not only that, but it's petroleum jelly, with a slight scent! I can buy Vaseline in very convenient tubes or tubs if that's want I want to use on my lips. Sorry, it's just hype to me...but the tins are so darn nostalgic looking...

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Besides my Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm, Smith's Rosebud Salve is the only other lip balm I use. Of course I had heard about it for years in magazines, but I never wanted to spend $6 on a lip balm. I finally purchased it and let me just say this lip balm is well worth the $6!

I like the vintage look of the tin and the rose smell is not too heavy and I actually like the smell, considering rose scents are normally not my thing. A little goes a long way and on my lips, there is no tint or taste. Since this balm takes a while to soak in, I prefer using it at night. I apply this lip balm before bed and I wake up with softer lips. I also like to use it under my matte or drying lipsticks and it protects them.

If you have lips that just need some moisture and you want them to be softer, definitely try this lip salve.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by SeoulBunnyRabbit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually would recommend this product to someone who does not need moisturizing or hydration often. I have lips that need constant moister and this product did not give that to me. It made my lips feel like I had to constantly apply it for me to even feel comfortable. Aside from that, I paid 7$ and it seemed like far too much money for a lip balm that doesn't live up to what it promises.

If your lips are dehydrated I do NOT recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by MaggieJay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, there are many things to like about it, but you have to take it for what it is. It's not lipgloss or lip stick at all, it is simply a moisturizer with a scent of roses. Although it is tinted, it's too sheer but you can use this as ANYTHING. It softens cuticles, hands, lips, eyebrows, sunburns, blisters, anything you would use Vaseline for. Yes it is basically Vaseline and Vaseline is cheaper but this salve is easily transported and it comes in a delightful can and is only $6.