Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)

3.8

Petrolatum, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils), Cotton Seed Oil.

on 3/28/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is Vaseline on a really cute tin with rose drawings and rose scent. I only use it before I go to sleep and maybe in the center of my lips if Im using a matte lipstick and want to add some shine. I bought it because of the good reviews but I dont find it does anything special for me. The only reason why I would buy again is for the vintage packaging. Im a sucker for those.

on 3/23/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
+ Keeps your lips moisturized, soft & hydrated instantly.
+ Cheap
+ Can be used for long time.

Cons:
+ Really hard to OPEN ( never bring it out, use only at home )

on 3/20/2015 1:10:00 AM

It's vaseline that smells like roses...for like $8 cnd
It's a cute product, I like the smell and it is moisturizing, but you can get a huge tub of vaseline and it works just the same.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I first got this through a deal on Groupon. It has a lovely scent, and it worked wonders on my lips (especially during winter). I only spread a thin layer each time I apply it on my lips, so one tin can last me for months. Most of the time I just apply it on my lips like lip gloss, but sometimes I would use it after applying lipstick to keep my lips moisturized. When the deal appears on Groupon again, I bought three more tin cans (the original Rosebud, Menthol and Eucalyptus, and Rose and Mandarin). It's fast becoming a constant in my cosmetics bag.

on 3/6/2015 3:36:00 AM

This product fixed my lips!

Yes, it includes petroleum jelly. No, petroleum jelly doesn't add moisture.

What petroleum jelly does is seal moisture in. The second ingredient is cottonseed oil, which does moisturize; then, the petroleum jelly keeps the moisture in.

Adding too much moisture to your lips can exacerbate a cycle of dry lips, because your lips rely on having more moisture. This combination of cottonseed oil + petroleum = moisturizer lips that stay moisturizer.

I also rarely have problems with the tin. They do produce this formula is a tube, which is sold on Amazon -- which I will probably get next time I place an order. This is an excellent product; I also use it on my cuticles, hands, etc. HG!

on 2/22/2015 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has become my go-to lip stuff. Lately, I've had really dry/cracked/bleeding lips, and it seems like anything I try only makes it worse. I tried this after hearing it was a cult favorite (and a cheap one!), and I'm very impressed. The tin can be pretty difficult to open, especially if you try to open it after putting on hand balm. But you get used to it. It's inexpensive, and quite honestly, I haven't found anything else that helps keep my lips moisturized. You get a TON in the tin for what you pay. I've had mine for maybe four months and I might be halfway through the tin. I'll be coming back to this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A nice, softly scented balm that is firmer in consistency and not as heavily scented as that "other" rose salve. I like to carry this as an all-purpose product to use on lips, hands, and face (if needed).

on 2/11/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS LIP BALM!!! I love how it smells and how it feels on my lips. I just don't like that the little tin is had for me to open sometimes. I once left it in my car (by accident) and it all melted!! But just 5 minutes in the freezer and it was as good as new!!

on 2/8/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love its quality, its smell and its packaging. It keeps my lips
soft with only 1 application for 8 consecutive hours in an AC room. And the tin jar is so lovely and not hard to be opened as many people complained, even when my hands are slippery after applying skin care products.

on 2/5/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This lip balm is by far the best I have ever used, and I have used a LOT. My lips were never particularly dry or prone to chapping until I used the Eos lip balms, which absolutely destroyed my lips. Ever since, I've tried numerous different products like plain old chapstick, C.o. Bigelow lip balm, Vaseline, and Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm, in an attempt to get my lips back to normal. Finally, I stumbled across a blogpost about Smith's Rosebud Salve and decided to give it a try, and I am so glad that I did. This balm is light and smooth, and absorbs into the lips immediately. It has a soothing effect on already chapped lips, and in my case at least, the lips were well on their way to healing in just a matter of hours of wearing the product. The balm is rose-scented, which took me some time to get used to, but it's not overly fragrant. Additionally, I've used this salve for small dry patches on my face and hands and for my cuticles. It worked wonders for the dry skin, but I didn't really think it was effective on the cuticles. Also, as I've seen many reviews complaining about the packaging, I'd just like to say that I absolutely LOVE the old-fashioned tin that it's in. It's cute and not really that difficult to open. If it does pose a problem though, I believe that the salve is also sold in a tube. Overall, I would totally recommend this product to anyone who has any degree of chapped lips. It's really just a miracle.

Popular Lip Treatments