July 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Smith's Rosebud Salve

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nope, nope, nope. Can't stand this stuff. It feels like an oil slick on your lips and the smell is nauseating. Not moisturizing at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by mlthom123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, the tin is so darn cute, and I felt so special treating myself to a present after shopping for everyone at Christmas. But come on. At 60+ I do not want to struggle at bedtime trying to open a tin just to moisturize my lips. Or during the day. And it was a struggle! Not only that, but it's petroleum jelly, with a slight scent! I can buy Vaseline in very convenient tubes or tubs if that's want I want to use on my lips. Sorry, it's just hype to me...but the tins are so darn nostalgic looking...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Besides my Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm, Smith's Rosebud Salve is the only other lip balm I use. Of course I had heard about it for years in magazines, but I never wanted to spend $6 on a lip balm. I finally purchased it and let me just say this lip balm is well worth the $6!

I like the vintage look of the tin and the rose smell is not too heavy and I actually like the smell, considering rose scents are normally not my thing. A little goes a long way and on my lips, there is no tint or taste. Since this balm takes a while to soak in, I prefer using it at night. I apply this lip balm before bed and I wake up with softer lips. I also like to use it under my matte or drying lipsticks and it protects them.

If you have lips that just need some moisture and you want them to be softer, definitely try this lip salve.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by SeoulBunnyRabbit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually would recommend this product to someone who does not need moisturizing or hydration often. I have lips that need constant moister and this product did not give that to me. It made my lips feel like I had to constantly apply it for me to even feel comfortable. Aside from that, I paid 7$ and it seemed like far too much money for a lip balm that doesn't live up to what it promises.

If your lips are dehydrated I do NOT recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by MaggieJay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, there are many things to like about it, but you have to take it for what it is. It's not lipgloss or lip stick at all, it is simply a moisturizer with a scent of roses. Although it is tinted, it's too sheer but you can use this as ANYTHING. It softens cuticles, hands, lips, eyebrows, sunburns, blisters, anything you would use Vaseline for. Yes it is basically Vaseline and Vaseline is cheaper but this salve is easily transported and it comes in a delightful can and is only $6.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst packaging ever.
I do like the subtle tint that seems to enhance the tone of my lips just a bit but this is just a glorified vaseline.
Will not buy again especially when I can buy a whole tub of vaseline and it does the exact same thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have one in my purse and one on my nightstand to apply before bed. It's not sticky and I like how it feels on my lips but I do find myself having to reapply often. I also feel it is pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by HaveMercyJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always keep this stuff on hand. I love the floral rose smell and how soft it feels on my lips. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it melts pretty easily so be careful if you leave it in the car or in your pockets.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Lavendork

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have mixed feelings about this stuff. It's hard to pin down exactly how I feel about it, so here's a brief list.

PROS:
It's made my lips extremely soft every time I've used it. No cracking, no drying, no nothing.
The scent is just heavenly. Some people don't like the smell of roses (I know it seems kind of old-lady-ish), but I think it's totally romantic and dreamy. <3
It's affordable. Whether you get a tin or a tube, it'll last you FOREVER.

CONS:
It's sticky as all hell. Ideally, a product that's supposed to make your lips softer will do just that, even after it's rubbed off. I find that when I use Rosebud Salve, my lips are supple and succulent, but I wouldn't want to kiss someone wearing it for fear of getting the goop all over me, too. It's just not a very appealing thing.
The tin is the most common variation of this stuff, and I just have to say that it is pretty inconvenient to use. Sticking your finger into that goop is kinda gross, and if you just pucker up and kiss into it to avoid getting icky fingers, you can get the salve around your lips and it's just not a very pretty sight (or feeling!).
In the heat, this stuff practically melts. The viscosity will make it runnier, almost like butter, and while that sounds kinda nice, it makes it way less manageable and will make whatever you stick into it to apply it sticky, too.

So, I dunno. I'd really love to find a product that makes my lips soft but DOESN'T feel like a gooey face-mask overcoat on my pout.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this.

Moisturising: sufficient. Doesn't sink in completely like I would wish (but nothing does)

Texture: light and buttery. Love the feeling on my lips

Reapplication: lasts overnight

Taste: none

Fragrance: mild rosy fragrance. Don't mind it

Repurchase: probably. I haven't found anything better so far.