Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)

3.7

Petrolatum, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils), Cotton Seed Oil.

packaging
- in general i hate tubs because they are sloppy and get all over this place. this product is especially sticky which makes things harder
scent
- gorgeous scent (and color), smells like beautiful roses
moisture
- gives ok moisture. nothing very good, but in terms of moisture...
- BETTER THAN: chapstick, softlips, carmex, First Aid Beauty, Alba Botanica, yes to, baby lips
- WORSE THAN: burt's bees, Jack Black, Avalon Organics, Bite Beauty, eos, nivea, blistex
feel
- sticky and not very soothing

i think this gets a lot of hype because it smells great, looks pretty, and feels good (at first.) but i have tried SO MANY lip balms and compared them all and i think this one really doesn't do that much for your lips.

I adore this stuff, it's as effective as using vaseline but it comes in a more effective container and it doesn't smell and taste like ick.

It is so awesome that words simply cannot describe it.

Can be used as a winter protector layered over a balm, as a regular balm under lipsticks (if you wipe off excess), or as a gloss all on its own.

It also makes a great cuticle softener and works well on elbows.

Also: If you are pregnant and getting itchy-swollen-night-time-why-can-I-feel-my-feet-so-much symptoms you can spread this stuff over your feet then put on fuzzy socks and forget about it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

- Strong rose scent, which I like but others might find it a little cloying
- Very cute vintage packaging (I read some reviews saying that it was hard to open, but I only found it difficult to unpackage it. After a few times it's not difficult at all)
- Pretty pink color, which is very light and just looks like Vaseline on the lips
- Because of the scent, I avoid using it when my lips are cracked or very dry to avoid irritating them (I'll just use regular Vaseline)
- Portable, and much cuter than whipping out a tub of Vaseline while you're out running errands
Would recommend, but I probably use regular chapstick or Vaseline more often

The product is not worth the ridiculous tin that is a huge pain in the a$$ to open!! I bought this twice thinking I must've accidently screwed up the first tin but the second was just as difficult to open. If you buy this keep some wd-40 and dish gloves near by or you're never going to get the top off.

Pros:
+ Keeps your lips moisturized, soft, hydrated instantly & for hours (no need to reapply)
+ Does not have bad taste or smell like other lip balms.
+ Cheap & this lip balm can be used for a year.

Cons:
+ The packaging is really hard to OPEN (never bring it out, use only at home)
+ Glossy

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this stuff not too long ago, and since then I swear by it. I have extremely dry skin that is prone to chapping in the winter, and this stuff has saved my life this year. Though it is basically rose-scented vaseline, it is cruelty-free and feels much smoother and creamier than vaseline does on my skin. I've used this as a lip balm, eye-makeup remover, dry skin spot treatment, and eyeshadow primer and in all cases it has worked wonderfully.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Purchased a tin of this as an impulse purchase while standing in line at Sephora. It's just an ok lip moisturizer. I feel it's similar to rose scented vaseline. Tin is cute, but I have a hard time opening it. Thus I always find I have to leave the lid in a tilted position to open easily. I have used this on my lips, on chapped skin on my nose after colds and on cuticles. It's more glamorous than vaseline, but I don't feel it works any better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

3 word review: Colored, scented Vaseline.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just 'meh' ... Seems like a rose smelling vaseline to me. Pretty tin!

Just normal