February 26, 2015 | 1737 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2015 3:30:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This has become my go-to lip stuff. Lately, I've had really dry/cracked/bleeding lips, and it seems like anything I try only makes it worse. I tried this after hearing it was a cult favorite (and a cheap one!), and I'm very impressed. The tin can be pretty difficult to open, especially if you try to open it after putting on hand balm. But you get used to it. It's inexpensive, and quite honestly, I haven't found anything else that helps keep my lips moisturized. You get a TON in the tin for what you pay. I've had mine for maybe four months and I might be halfway through the tin. I'll be coming back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2015 4:40:00 PM More reviews by BitJustGingerly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice, softly scented balm that is firmer in consistency and not as heavily scented as that "other" rose salve. I like to carry this as an all-purpose product to use on lips, hands, and face (if needed).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2015 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Yani37

I LOVE THIS LIP BALM!!! I love how it smells and how it feels on my lips. I just don't like that the little tin is had for me to open sometimes. I once left it in my car (by accident) and it all melted!! But just 5 minutes in the freezer and it was as good as new!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2015 11:56:00 AM More reviews by orange1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love its quality, its smell and its packaging. It keeps my lips
soft with only 1 application for 8 consecutive hours in an AC room. And the tin jar is so lovely and not hard to be opened as many people complained, even when my hands are slippery after applying skin care products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2015 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Breezy1995

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is by far the best I have ever used, and I have used a LOT. My lips were never particularly dry or prone to chapping until I used the Eos lip balms, which absolutely destroyed my lips. Ever since, I've tried numerous different products like plain old chapstick, C.o. Bigelow lip balm, Vaseline, and Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm, in an attempt to get my lips back to normal. Finally, I stumbled across a blogpost about Smith's Rosebud Salve and decided to give it a try, and I am so glad that I did. This balm is light and smooth, and absorbs into the lips immediately. It has a soothing effect on already chapped lips, and in my case at least, the lips were well on their way to healing in just a matter of hours of wearing the product. The balm is rose-scented, which took me some time to get used to, but it's not overly fragrant. Additionally, I've used this salve for small dry patches on my face and hands and for my cuticles. It worked wonders for the dry skin, but I didn't really think it was effective on the cuticles. Also, as I've seen many reviews complaining about the packaging, I'd just like to say that I absolutely LOVE the old-fashioned tin that it's in. It's cute and not really that difficult to open. If it does pose a problem though, I believe that the salve is also sold in a tube. Overall, I would totally recommend this product to anyone who has any degree of chapped lips. It's really just a miracle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2015 4:16:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's literally just petroleum jelly with rose fragrance in an overpriced tin.
You can buy the same thing as jelly vaseline for much less.

Petroleum jelly also doesn't restore or create more moisture in your skin, it simply keeps in what moisture is already there, so if your lips are cracked in need of healing, it won't help.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 11:12:00 AM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Yeah the tin jar is annoying but I find most lip balm tins tend to be. this is basically rose scented vaseline but i guess with the cottonseed oil it's slightly less thick. I guess this would last forever if you only use it as a lip balm (which as a lip balm aficionado it works pretty well) but I also use it as a hand creme and it's nice to keep around. I agree its overpriced for what it is but the scent is very nice and you can always find a use for vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2015 10:30:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My night time and super chapped lip remedy. I always put a coat of this on before bed and wake up with the softest lips. Any dryness is gone when I wake up. Most compare it to Vaseline but to me it's a totally different texture it absorbs better than Vaseline plus it says it's. It's own special petroleum base so they did something to it because I can tell the difference in absorption because I use both. I love the scent so nice and light. This has become part of my bedtime ritual and when I have any dry patches this fixes them so quick. Great product that is a staple in my skincare regimen. Love it! Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2015 2:22:00 PM More reviews by janicet25

This product is really good although a tad too oily and slippery for my liking at times. It's great to wear on its own sometimes since it's quite glossy and plump and makes your lips kissable on its own. However I like to wear a balm before applying lipstick and this is where its oily-ness gets tricky. Otherwise, it's pretty decent. The scent is nice and not overpowering and artificial, and it glides on smoothly. I feel that it mostly helps to get rid of dry, chapped lips through flaking because I find my dried lips a little easier to peel off and remove after applying it. thankfully I haven't faced any issues yet with opening the tin, although I've seen the tube versions in the local sephora stores here. The tube version may be a better idea when it comes to hygiene though cos I don't believe it's a good idea to keep sticking your fingers in the tin every time you want to apply it. One major gripe though, this is so expensive here! It costs $16 a tin (same for the tube version) whereas it's less than $10 in the US and UK I believe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff lasts forever, but the Smith's site gives it a shelf life of 30 months after opening. So I tossed my 3 year old tin today. I adore the packaging and scent. But it's basically Vaseline with rose water and color. Maybe I'll put my own stuff in the tin, which is the real reason I bought it in the first place. Being Vaseline it's good for soothing lips, cuticles, smoothing unruly eye brows, the usual. But I still buy it as stocking stuffer gifts for friends and my grand-daughters.