Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)

3.8

Petrolatum, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils), Cotton Seed Oil.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Smells lovely, but this is essentially vaseline with rose fragrance. At first I thought it made my lips really soft and left a beautiful sheen and light pink color. As time went by though, this actually seemed to dry my lips out worse.

on 8/22/2015 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My lips get chapped on the reg, maybe because I'm religious about wearing lipstick and live in a cold climate, and I was really excited to try this seemingly luxurious product when I saw it in like Seventeen. I use it overnight and will continue to do so till I run out, but I won't repurchase it because I already have the beautiful tin and Vaseline is cheaper. I like to think it works as a sealant for legit lip balms, but maybe it does nothing at all- I don't like the smell of it/ it gets on my teeth too much and tastes gross but it feels emotionally very luxurious. Too bad I investigated the not-so-fancy ingredients, I'd be living in blissful ignorance rn.

on 8/9/2015 9:53:00 AM

The packaging is really pretty, but not very functional because I hate dipping my fingers in lip balm (I would rather it be a tube/stick form). This is basically tinted vaseline, so the price is not worth it to me. It was greasy on my lips and did not have a pleasant smell. If you want a "dupe" of this, just buy the small tub of Vaseline rosy lips. It is essentially the same product without the smell or greasiness. I would not repurchase this.

on 8/5/2015 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its makes your lips smell nice thats about it. Oh and a nice tin.

on 7/15/2015 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As I'm finishing my sixth or seventh tin, its no surprise I love this product. I use it every night before I go to sleep, and also before applying lipstick so my lips are smooth and the lipstick settles well. I feel really uncomfortable wearing matte lipsticks, my lips feel soooo dry I just cant stand it, so when I use them I after apply a sheer layer of this and the dry sensation is gone. Even when I was using my first tin I didn't notice any smell, as opposed to my friends who told me the smell was terrible. The only thing I don't like about this product is having to use my hands to apply it. I don't bother when I'm home, but I don't take it with me anywhere since I don't want to use it when my hands are dirty.

on 7/6/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an OK lip balm. It does moisturize your lips (very lightly) and gives your lips a nice hint of color and gloss. This has a nice rosy smell. I don't feel like it moisturizes very chapped lips very well. Do I think this is worth the price? No, but you do get a lot of product for the money. If your lips are very dry this won't do anything for them!

on 7/5/2015 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff does get a little messy while applying especially if you have dry lips like me. I slather this stuff on at night without abandon and use it like a lip "mask". I used to use during the day too but it was hot out one day and whole thing would get melty so on the nightstand it stays! I am a mouth breather at night due to allergies so this stuff protects my lips. Otherwise, I get cracked lips on the sides of my mouth which are oh-so-painful and the flaky lip look is just not cool. This stuff also seems to last forever. I have had my most recent tin for almost a year, but let's be real, this is just petroleum jelly with some extra rose oil in a pretty tin... And it works!

on 6/29/2015 9:31:00 PM

Number one issue I couldn't get this open. Twice had to ask DH to open it. Unfortunately you would have to open this several times daily as it disappears fairly quickly. The rose smell is very nice but the texture is like Vaseline. It will easily spread outside your lip line and look messy and a little silly. I could not wear this in public- maybe in bed where no one will see me except DH LOL.

on 6/27/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It has a nice tint, makes my lips glossy, works as lip gloss on top of my lipstick, but otherwise does nothing to make my dry lips better. Gone through half the tin now and my lips are still dry. On top of that, I have to re-apply a lot during the day. Definitely not buying another one.

on 5/23/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute HG lipbalm! I have very very dry lips. I've tried basically every lipbalm out there, and none have worked as well as this salve. I was hesitant in purchasing as I never really cared for Sephora and thought that you could get products for the same quality at the drugstore. But I finally bought it, and I can say that it was the best decision of my life.
Pros:
-Moisturizes your lips really well
-Slight tint (I'll use this on days when I don't want to wear lipstick but still want slight colour on my lips)
-LASTS FOREVER (I've had this now for about 6 months, and I still haven't hit pan)
-Cute packaging, very vintage

Cons:
-Sometimes hard to open
-Becomes thinner in hot temperatures (it sort of melts? idk)

Popular Lip Treatments