Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, isohexadecane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetraria islandica (Iceland moss) extract, propylene glycol, methylparaben, sodium citrate, benzophenone-4, 2-bromo-2-nitroprophane-1, 3-diol, sorbitol, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, CI 19140, CI 42090.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Average makeup remover. I don't wear waterproof makeup, but I do wear a lot of black eyeliner and mascara, and this product it's just not great.

I feel I have to really rub my eyes to get all the makeup off, and it also leaves that really annoying greasy 'film' on my eyes.

It was very cheap though, I got this on a 1+1 free kind of offer, but it is cheap anyway.

I won't repurchase, but I suppose it's good enough if you don't wear a lot of eye makeup.

on 1/20/2015 12:12:00 AM

Oh my gosh this remover is EXACTLY what I was looking for...This stuff wipes away my eyemakeup so easily, I don't have to scrub or tug on my eyes at all and it even helped remove almost all the eyelash adhesive that was left over on my eyes after I took off my false lashes as well. Im super happy with this stuff. No stinging or eye irritation at all!! I cant say how well it does on waterproof mascara though because I do not wear it, only regular mascara and waterproof eyeliners.

Also, this is an oil based makeup remover it says so in the description on the back of the bottle, so please dont rate this down because of the oil.. that is just your own fault for not reading the product label (and duh you can SEE the oil in the bottle)!!!

Pros
-Melts off eye makeup
-no tugging/scrubbing needed
-no irritation
-no stinging

Cons
(none)

ckb

on 10/6/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this based on PC review as a Best Eye Makeup Remover option. I read that it would be great for waterproof eye makeup. However, this didn't even remove all of my eye makeup -- even the non-waterproof kind. I find this to be extremely average and not the best at all. My HG eye makeup remover is Neutrogena Oil Free and it has never failed me ever. I will never stray from it again.

on 9/19/2014 10:54:00 AM

Will not be repurchasing due to the fact that this does not take of my WATERPROOF eye makeup which makes my eyelashes strip off. If I didn't use waterproof, this might be more like able. But definitely not in my case.

on 4/5/2014 6:08:00 AM

I swear by this product for removing eye makeup. So inexpensive and lasts well too. It definitely does leave an oily film on the eyelids so you will need to go in after you've taken your eye make up off to remove the oily residue.

on 3/4/2014 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

The old formula(metal cap)
Pros:It removed waterproof products from my eyes effectively. It didnt sting my eyes and eyelids at all. It was the only eye makeup remover i used and swear by. So worth the price
Cons: leaves oily film on you eyelids. However i didnt mind because I double cleaned and it's gone.
The new formula (white plastic cap)
Pros: The cap is twisted easier. Price is still cheap.
Cons: It did a bad job on removing some waterproof stuff. It is bit thicker . It hurt when it got in to my eyes.

I so want the old one back, or else I'll start to look for new eye make up remover

My method of application
Pour it in the cotton pad, then place the pad on my eyes for at least 30s,apply slight pressure on the pad with my finger and the makeup dissolve without hash scrubbing( of course happen just from the old formula)

QOH

on 1/24/2014 12:49:00 AM

I have repurchased this item more than 10 times.
I love that it's mild and non-irritating enough to use on my sensitive skin in any season.
Also very CHEAP. It's always on 1 get 1free sale at Boots.

I will repurchase this item forever. Really.

on 10/1/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a very basic and good product which works just as good as the more expensive bi phase makeup removers. It is oily but I dont care because it removes even the most stubborn makeup for reasonable price.

on 9/19/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy this eye makeup remover. It leaves my eye area clean and hydrated. It even removes my waterproof mascara. It's not overly expensive and it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes.

Okay, so not a fan of this Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover.

It does the job removing under-eye makeup, but its formula is very greasy.

It is not "soothing" at all. Any of this product gets in your eye, it will sting - and I mean REALLY sting. An uncomfortable grease is left in the eyes, blurring vision for a bit.

2 STARS. Not buying again. Seriously not worth the pain.