April 18, 2014 | 1442 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Hair Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

The best shampoo and conditioner I have Tryed yet!! I have very dry damaged hair due to coloring and styling ! These products make my hair feel so smooth and healthy!! They do not weigh my hair down at all I just love them!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by longs4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a repeat buyer of this product. If your hair has suffered damage from over-processing, like mine, give this a try. It saved my dry hair & gave it back the moisture I needed to manage. Yes, it does coat your hair somewhat with repeated use, but a clarifying shampoo once a week does the trick nicely. I will always have this in my beauty aresenal!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on a search for a new shampoo & conditioner after Redken All Soft's formula was dramatically altered at the beginning of 2012 (they took out avocado oil and put in argan oil, and my hair does not do well with that new formula).

In the last month, I have tried quite a number of other brands' "moisturizing" shampoos/conditioners - with no luck. (My reviews of some of the other product lines that I've tried recently can be found in my MUA profile.)

My experience of L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Shampoo and the matching Conditioner/Treatment/Creme (which have different listings on MUA, but appear to be the very same thing):

The day of the first wash with the Nature's Therapy, my hair looked great - shiny, smoothed down, but not lank or dark -- it was on a par with how the All Soft made it look. It did not make my hair feel as soft as the All Soft had made it feel, though - it felt a little stiff. At bedtime, the top two inches of my hair appeared somewhat oily, but I do have oily hair and this happens sometimes. I was really hoping that this could be a workable replacement for the old All Soft products.

The next day, in the first few hours after the second wash, my hair seemed fine... it had some volume, it was again smooth and shiny. I became even more optimistic that I'd found a shampoo/conditioner that would work okay for me. However, at the end of that day, my hair looked and felt like it had been dipped in plastic - it was definitely coated. My scalp oil was on overdrive, with a huge oil slick at the top of my hair. There were multiple pimples forming on my scalp.

These products are WAY too coating for my hair -- which is no surprise, since they are designed for hair that needs extreme help.

The heavy moisturization offered by L'Oreal Nature's Therapy would be perfect for very damaged hair, coarse hair, etc.

I think they are good products that do what they claim to do. I would give them 4 out of 5 stars in general, but for me personally, I'll have to give it 1 star.

My hair does appear to need a certain kind of high-moisturization.

It's also very reactive to tiny differences in shampoos - slightly more oil than it likes makes it go lank, limp, dark, frizzy and static-y; slightly more protein than it likes makes the strands permanently curl up or get crazy permanent kinks in them - and then break off a few days later; slightly more silicones than it likes makes it feel stiff and rough, and look like it has been sprayed with clear glossy spraypaint.

I have a decent idea about silicones and proteins and oils, but I don't have a chemistry degree, so I'm not exactly sure what ingredients I need to be searching for!

If anyone here can explain to me specifically what chemical ingredients it sounds like my hair likes/dislikes, or if anyone knows of a currently-sold shampoo/conditioner that are similar to the discontinued old-formula Redken All Soft, please leave me a message here at MUA.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I'm really suprised about this product, I bought it knowing that the ingredients (behetrimonium chloride) would more than likely build up on my hair as I've seen it with Aveeno Nourish Leave in Conditioner, John Friedas go blonder Conditioner and Garnier Pure Clean conditioner.

It doesn't build up on my hair, not even after 1 month STRAIGHT of usage. Yay right? I think the biggest cons is the packaging, its kinda hard to scoop it out of the container while your showering.

But for the most part, it does seem to moisturize my hair really well despite the cone thats in it, and it gives my hair a really nice slip to it which I love. I have really fine thin hair and it doesn't even make it heavy or anything. The smell is fine, I don't think its bad, it is a kind of a green apple smell. Overall its a pretty good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Jessamazing

I have extremely damaged hair. I bleached it 3 times in 2 days to get it from dyed black to blonde so I could dye it read. After I was done my bottom layer broke off about 5 inches. So after that I packed up my hair tools and went out and bought several hair treatments and better conditioners. I found this at sally's and its great! It's greatly moisturized my hair since all the damage happened. It's about $12 and it's a decent sized tub. (which some people may not be to fond of) But I found it easy to use because I can control the amount better than with a bottle. It also leaves a nice, light scent in your hair. I use it almost everyday as a conditioner for extra conditioning and it seems to work well for my thin hair. Overall a great product that I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really don't want to bring the rating down, but I don't get the hype.
Wonderful slip while in she shower, but it did not moisturize my hair at all! i even left it on as a mask for over an hour and nothing. The scent was very sharp and artificial.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This.stuff.is.fabulous! I have Type III-IV AA natural hair that I color at home. I wash and wear my hair 98% of the time, only blow drying on rare occasions. Since the weather is cool where I live (for now), I decided I wanted to blow dry and flat iron but my hair has been somewhat dry lately. Thanks to reviews here I decided to give this product a try. I applied it after washing and put a plastic cap on. I rinsed it out after 30 minutes and was immediately impressed. I was further wowed after blow drying. My hair feels, quite frankly, like it's freshly relaxed. It is soft and full of body. No doubt I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by stephehlert

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this conditioner. I had smooth glossy locks my whole life until I moved to a city with extremely hard water. My hair and skin quickly became lackluster. Based off of reviews I read here, I headed to Sally Beauty Supply about 5 years ago and have used this stuff until a couple of months ago. Despite daily compliments on how healthy and shiny my hair was, I was lured by a new delicious-smelling deep conditioner. A month later my hair was a dry, brittle, tangled mess. I finally picked up a new jar of this and IMMEDIATELY my hair was back to it's soft, shiny, manageable self.

I have to mention that I do not use this as a treatment. I use it as my regular conditioner. For those who may not have success using it as a treatment, you might want to give this a try for a couple of weeks. It is a little heavy...stringy bangs by day two, but nothing a little dry shampoo can't fix!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I may be one of the only reviewers who thinks that this doesn't live up to the hype. It's alright, smells like artificial green apples yuck, but it does moisturize and give slip to hair in the shower, but that's where it ends for me. After i get out of the shower and gently towel dry my hair, it's just as dry as before i stepped into the shower, i like joico moisture recovery dish and the IH better.

Update: Even tried this as a 2 hour mask, still just as dry as before. disappointed by this. It just gives initial slip and easy to comb through at first, then the effect disappears
Found out that there's isopropyl alcohol in here (that's rubbing alcohol iirc) no idea what it's doing in here but it's probably not good for my hair , maybe that explains my underwhelming experience

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by aksaiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just want to point out the that current "most helpful" review is not exactly correct in their comparison to Keratase Masquintense.
Here are the *actual* ingredients to masquintense:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Trideceth-6, Glyceryl Linoleate, Helianthus annuus/Sunflower Seed Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Cintronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Geraniol, Safflower Glucoside, Glyceryl Linolenate, Parfum/Fragrance
As you can see, it is different from what the other reviewer put up. She may have gotten rid of the different ingredients in order to show that they do share some of the same ingredients. That is true, but the ingredients that are *different* is just as important.
For example, Keratase's mask has *proteins* like hydrolized wheat protein that L'Oreal does not have. Why is this important? Because, if you are prone to getting protein overload, you probably shouldn't use Masquintense (it could worsen your problem), but you *can* use this mask.
After all, most conditioners and hair masks are probably made from similar bases, BUT their active ingredients are often different. Hope this helps people who are looking for dupes in the hair care market.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No