Urban Decay Flash

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/1/2012 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a very bright - almost neon - matte purple. This definitely isn't a "smoky plum" or other neutralized purple - it really stands out.

No shimmer at all, which I'm not used to from this brand. The texture of the shadow is smooth and it lasts very well, like all UD shadows do. The difference between this one and others I've used (Naked palette, etc.) is the pigmentation: Flash has a much weaker pigmentation than Smog or Toasted, for example. I'm not sure if that has something to do with the matte formula.

If you want a vivid matte purple, look no further. If you're looking for something a little more subtle, you probably want to pass.

on 6/21/2012 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love the color and the product is lovely. I got it in a palette, and despite having brown eyes, I can't seem to get this to look good, so one lippie off for that

on 2/18/2012 10:23:00 AM

Today was my first day to use this eyeshadow. I like it, but the pigmentation/intensity of the purple wasn't what I expected. I was kind of dissapointed with this color. It's a very sheer purple. But by looking at it, you would think it would be an intense/bright purple. I also didn't find this eyeshadow buildable. It takes a lot of application to make this an intense purple, which leads to this looking cakey. It's still a pretty color though. I may try wearing it a few different ways to see if that changes anything, before I give up on it. What I like about this eyeshadow is that it's not glittery, it's more matte/shimmery. I will update when I use it more.

**UPDATE:** I take back everything bad I said about this eyeshadow. I figured out how to make this color work, & it looks amazing! This can be used as an all over lid color, or it can be used in conjuction with a lighter base color & this in the crease. I will definitely buy this again.

on 8/2/2011 9:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This eye shadow came in the Show Pony Shadow Box and it is a bright purple with an icy sheen to it. I haven't had any problems with pigmentation at all. Flash is very pretty and I wouldn't mind purchasing it again if I ever run out of it and could find it sold seperately.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this eye shadow in the Urban Decay 'Alice in Wonderland' palette.
This is a richly pigmented purple with a slight icy sheen to it.
This colour work's well with Urban Decay's 'Grifter'.

on 5/23/2011 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Beautiful color but very sheer. I feel like all the purple urban decay colors I've tried are pretty sheer. It's really pretty though and it is shimmers no glitter.

on 5/18/2011 11:18:00 AM

Gorgeous colour, but it applies very sheer! I've had this problem with every purple eyeshadow I've ever tried though honestly. I don't know what it is with purples but I've yet to find one that is highly pigmented. I wear this eyeshadow and like it, but I have to pack on sooo much to get it looking like it does in the pan.

on 4/15/2011 1:10:00 PM

this is hands down my fav purple shadow! not a glittery mess like most UD shadows - just perfect!

on 2/16/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This e/s is real badass. The photos dont do this justice. Its so rich and has an irridescent quality to it. Its gorgeous and one of the best purple e/s I own, hands down!

on 2/7/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

gorgeous purple. looks very pretty with my brown eyes.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products