July 28, 2014 | 1409 users online

Moisturizers - live-live Bee Yummy skin food

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by clarann1730

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought Bee Yummy Skin Food after reading an article in TeenVogue, as well as after reading reviews online. Forty dollars later for a tiny jar, I started to try it and at first I really liked it (mostly the smell) but after a couple of weeks it started breaking me out, which was devastating since I finally got my acne under control thanks to the Oil Cleansing Method. I know there is a "transition" period, but this wasn't any transition period I had ever gone through and I didn't want to stick around to see if it got better.

I have received better results from ACV toner and jojoba oil as a moisturizer than I did (or my mom did) with Bee Yummy Skin Food. Although it works well for some, I personally regret the decision to buy it. I see it as, if I'm going to pay $40 for something, it's going to be Manuka honey which I use for a spot treatment, face wash (in the morning) and face mask (mixed with cinnamon).

My only advice, buy a small jar first and see how your skin responds to it before you buy the larger jars.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Sirena089

I have had problematic skin since I was 15 years old. For years I had been using counltess over the counter products to help out with my acne. So one day as I was researching natural remedies for acne, I came across Bee yummy. I read so many raving reviews about this amazing skin cream made of honey and it just seemed so earthy almost god sent. So naturally I ordered it, I thought it was a little expensive but I figured what the heck.The first time I put bee yummy on my face it felt so good and melted onto my skin. It made my skin glow that night. The next day I woke up and my face was matte but I felt like my face was starting to get new break outs. I figured it's the purging period that everyone keeps talking about. So I waited it out. It was the worst purging period of my life. It literally looked like my face was made up of tiny little white bumps. I don't even think I looked human but about a week later my face cleared up. My skin started to look nicer and my mineral makeup looked good with it. Six months later my skin starts getting drier but it's the only thing that keeps me clear so I keep using it. After the 6 month period I would get a massive break out at least once a month. I used this for almost 3 years and I actually regret it, it was so expensive. Plus it left my face looking dry and oily at the same time. Didn't really help with my acne anymore and it even left scarring. Right now I am using an alternative natural product. It's my first week but it hasn't broken me out in hives like bee yummy. I really wanted to love bee yummy and use it forever because of it's ingredients but I don't think I will. It's too pricey and it wasn't really doing much for my skin. But I give it 3 stars because it was just average, seemingly good ingredients, smelled good, and the name is soo cute. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. Good luck if you want to try it and by the way it's cheaper on i-herb.com. Well not cheaper but free shipping and live, live and organic has kind of pricey shipping.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by yanglinda80

I used this product for about a year and found it gave my skin a beautiful healthy glow. My SIL thought that I was pregnant because of my glowing skin, but over time it became drying and not moisturizing enough. It also doesn't hold up well in very hot weather. I do a lot of travelling for work and my belongings will have to sit in my car in the heat until I'm done with work and can check in to the hotel. The moisturizer literally melts and becomes very watery and useless. Although I loved the glow that it gave me, I have stopped using it. I needed something more moisturizing, has SPF, and holds up well in the heat so I don't have to carry it on me every time I travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by nuclearbeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new favorite moisturizer. It moisturizes very well, soaks in quickly, and never feels heavy or greasy. I'm not sure if it has helped with acne, but it is not making it worse like most moisturizers do. It is pricey but you only need a tiny amount so the jar lasts a long time. This is not for everyone though. I tried this in the past when I had oily skin, and it did nothing for me. Now I have normal skin that fluctuates between dry and oily depending on the weather. This somehow balances it. I love the natural ingredients and I like supporting small businesses. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by pfhofland

I found this on a website that was giving acne advice and decided to give it a try because its all natural. I am SO glad I did. It perfectly balances my skin to where it isn't too moist or too dry. It also helped to clear my acne a whole lot. My acne isn't completely gone, but thats probably more so my diet (that I just wont change haha). Overall this product is amazing, but it takes a HUGE hit to your wallet. It's really hard to decide to go for it, but I can't help it. I haven't found anything comparable (sure wish I could though!).

I always get the larger container because it is a better deal. You don't need much, a little goes a long way, so I can make the big container last about 3 months. Not too bad. I use it mostly just for my face, but extend it to my neck and sometimes shoulders. It feels like food for your skin :) Makes my skin very happy! I definitely recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by luna13

I don't really write reviews, but for this I must. First of all, I wanted to love it and the ingredients seem so harmless. However, I kept using it and I broke out insanely. Like I couldn't have imagined. My face was bright red (well more dark red) and itched like mad. I couldn't even sleep. My face was bleeding too.
I went to 3 dermatologists who couldn't figure it out. They all did say it wasn't acne but they didn't know. I didn't either. Kept using Bee Yummy as I never suspected it. Thought it would help. The itching just got worse. I was prescribed Hydroxyzine 4 times a day for the itching. Couldn't drive because of it and didn't wand to go out anyway as I looked hideous.
Anyway, I stopped the Bee Yummy Skin Food for a long while and the itching SLOWLY subsided. My skin also slowly got smooth.
But I have so many scars now. It's like my skin has drastically changed forever.
After using Bee Yummy, my skin never was like before and the scars are permanent.
I regret using this and actually paying way too much for something that scarred me and changed my skin forever. :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kristinsor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have not tried this stuff and will not because it contains St. John's Wort extract in it and I am on birth control. St. John's Wort is known to interact poorly with some birth control pills. Take caution and ask your doctor before you use it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

I'm not one of those people who has tried "literally every moisturizer out there", although I have tried several. I purchased this product, not because everything else had completely failed me, but because of the organic, raw ingredients list, the glowing reviews on YouTube, and my curiosity. I have been using this (along with the eye & lip cream) twice a day for a little over a month now, and I can honestly say that my skin has not looked this healthy on a consistent basis in several years! I have normal/combination/dry/sensitive/acne-prone skin (yeah, loads of fun), and this product does an excellent job of managing all of my issues and bringing everything into balance. It's gentle, moisturizes where I need moisture without making my T-zone greasy, and my acne finally seems to be under control. I still get the occasional breakout, but they are MUCH less frequent, severe, and heal so much faster while using this. I'm still young, and I finally feel like that is reflected in the appearance of my skin. My skin not only feels soft and healthy, but LOOKS that way. I was concerned that it wasn't going to be hydrating enough due to the gel-like consistency, but I haven't really had a problem, even moving into the cold winter months. On the days when my skin is drier than usual, I may dab the eye & lip cream just where I need it. There is actually something to be said for a moisturizer that isn't ultra rich and heavy, as over-moisturizing your skin can interfere with its ability to regulate ITSELF and potentially dry it out even more. So, I like the fact that this product isn't super heavy, and absorbs right into the skin, which makes me feel like it's actually nourishing and improving the health of my skin, not JUST moisturizing it. I also LOVE the slightly sweet, natural smell, and find it to be calming.

This past weekend, I went to visit my uncle, whom I hadn't seen in months. One of the first things he said to me was, "You look great and your skin looks INCREDIBLE!" So yeah, I'm sold, and will continue to use this until it either loses its efficacy, or I find something significantly better.

**Update**
After almost two months, I have stopped using this product. My skin seemed to love this stuff and DID look amazing for about the first month, but it seems that over the past few weeks, my skin has gotten progressively worse - blotchy, ruddy, with breakouts, and extremely clogged pores all over my face. I was looking in the mirror this evening after washing my face and the blackheads on my nose were so pronounced, that I resorted to extracting them with my fingers, which I NEVER do, but I just couldn't stand it anymore. While I'm not certain that this product is the cause, it is the most LIKELY, and after reading some other reviews on here, I'm not taking chances. It have also noticed from the beginning that it makes my skin a little bit red, itchy, and tacky, which I stupidly ignored for a while and assumed was just the nature of a completely natural skincare product. Simply put, my skin looks like crap, and I take that to mean that it's not doing what it's supposed to do. It's far too pricey for my skin to be looking like this. I really hope my complexion goes back to normal. Reading some of these reviews really scared me. My advice to people who have just started using this would be to proceed at your own risk and monitor your skin very closely!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by mlou31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only just received this product, and this is the first review I have added to MUA. I felt I had to as soon as I received this product. I was leery about ordering this product as I live in Canada and had read reviews about poor delivery time. I am sorry for the people who didn't receive their products quickly, but, apparently, delivery has become a priority for this company. I received my products in just over ONE week! I was amazed. I have only just opened the products enough to smell them - and they smell amazing. A very organic, natural, honey smell. Not the fake, sickening sweet smell that sometimes accompanies the "honey" products. I will be trying the mask tonight and the skin food tomorrow and will add another review then.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by carlymarie31

It seems that the trend is to either LOVE this product or its HORRIBLE. Im in between. Im been using it for about a week and am having a mix of breakouts and glowing soft skin. I also noticed some flaking and am wondering if it is moisturizing enough for me. I read that some people go through a "purging" period...maybe that is all this is. Because i spent a fortune on it - im going to use it for maybe another week or so and see if the breakouts stop and then update. I was using a burts bees moisturizer that i loved before giving this a try...if i keep breaking out im throwing it away.

***Update***
I stopped using this. Breakouts just kept happening and are STILL happening after discontinuing use. And its a specific kind of break out that I only started getting when I started using this product. Save your money and skin and STAY AWAY.