November 22, 2014 | 1728 users online

Polishes - Barielle - Nail Brightener

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not like my favorite Bourjois Lissant Blanchissant nail whitener (discontinued), but as a substitute for what I can't get anymore it's good at making nails look more healthy & vibrant. The faint lavender tint perks up sallow nails & the white color is ever so slightly pearlized (or opalescent), but very sheer - very natural in 1 coat & more visible on the 2nd coat. It builds smoothly w/o annoying streaks or bald patches. Lends a gentle, feminine touch to fingertips for a natural look in a manicured finish. Not all that easy to find (though it's available @ Ricky's) so I bought mine online. Also good as a protective layer under dark polish colors that stain. The elongated bottle & brush are comfortable to hold & easy to use. In my ongoing quest to find a blue-toned white sheer polish (a dupe for my Bourjois), this is the best I've found so far (though not identical).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Hkitty6

Truthfully, I don't review products as often as I should. This is partly because it's rather rare for me to love or hate something enough to really talk about it.

But Barielle's Nail Brightener is different. It is absolutely one of the few products I can say has reached holy grail status for me.

I love nail polish, and LOVE to play with color. But honestly, sometimes it just doesn't happen. You're tired, lazy, rushed. Whatever. That's when this stuff is PERFECT.

In the bottle, Nail Brightener is white with a blue flash. And it's that blue flash that makes alllllll the difference. On your nails, it's sheer, to say the least. Don't expect a crazy flash of blue. Instead, your nails lighten just a smidge and the blue iridescence counteracts the yellow/peach/pink of your natural nail to create an instantly healthier look.

With one coat, my nails look cleaner, fresher, and more pulled together. With two coats, they look bright and perfect.

But my *favorite* part of this stuff is that I don't need to use base and topcoat with it. It doesn't chip like regular polish. It's more like it wears away every so slightly. That awesome trait, mixed with the effortless perfection it gives me in just a few moments is why it is my go-to vacation polish. It's SO nice not to have to worry about chips and dings and refreshing topcoats and whatnot.

I've only ever purchased Nail Brightener at T.J.Maxx/Marshall's, so the price is definitely right. And while I'm still on my first bottle, I've already given this stuff as gifts to my best friend, sister, and mother. All people who can't be bothered to paint their nails normally. And of course, they all LOVE it.

-(sigh.)- I love this stuff. It's simply a great lifesaver to have on hand. It almost reminds me the nail version of undereye concealer. I throw it on, and ahhh. Everything looks healthier and prettier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thanks to nail board recs, I tried this when I went on vacation for 8 days. I actually did a test drive with it for a full week before I left on vacation, so that I knew what to expect/how it would hold up. I used it alone with no base coat or top coat. Loved it! I habitually apply thick coats (could not do thin ones for money!) so just 2 thick coats gave me a semi-sheer non-yellowing very-subtle-barely-pearly polished look. If you are usually a "3 thin coats" person, you will probably need 3 coats of this to get good coverage. On vacation, lasted for 5 days with no chips so I only had to redo once (I didn't swim much). This will be my HG for no-fuss nails on vacation, which I really look forward to. Big thanks to those who recommended it before me! I just want to clarify that it's not "the best" polish I ever used; but I do think it's an excellent treatment product for non-yellowing when you want to do the bare-minimum on your nails so I still gave it 5 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this until I realized it was actually making my nails yellow. It's supposed to cover up stains and brighten nails, which it does, but makes nails worse underneath. The lasting power is OK. I wouldn't waste money on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Elisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is not wearable on it's own, one coat is not enough (this stuff is very thin) and two coats and your nails look GRAY. Yes, it does tone down the yellowness, but it has zero lasting power as a basecoat, and it's expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by CuteSmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I love the color tint it gave my nails and I've received a few compliments on them. Will purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by whyknot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for this product for 10+years! Finally!! I have naturally yellow nails. No, they arent stained; they grow in yellowish and have since i was a kid. So do me toenails. Even my teeth are naturally yellowish :( That being said, its very frustrating that almost all products for yellow nails seek to either prevent polish from staining, bleach out existing stains, etc...since none of these products change the fact that mine are naturally yellow, they dont work. This problem has lad me to having my nails painted with color every day since i quit biting them at 12! I have never been able to do most "natural" or "sheer" nude colors, like Mademoiselle, etc, cuz tho the nail bed looks ok, the yellow tinge of the tip shows thru and throws off the whole palette, like the color has oxidized in a tanning bed or something...*sigh*. Nothing would make them look bright and NATURAL, except french manicure which i dont have the diligence to get redone every week nor the patience to do once a week myself. UNTIL THIS MIRACLE. I LOVE this product. One or two coats of any "natural" nail color (Mademoiselle, Sugar Daddy, even Barielle Natural Nail Camouflage) to hide imperfections, then just one coat of this Nail Brightener and I have bright, luminous, lovely natural nails that look fake. I cant say enough. Tho this is a godsend for me since i cant prevent the yellowness, this would work miracles if you had allowed your nails to become satined. Its a sheer whitish cream with tiny flecks of opalescent blue which perfectly counterbalance the hideous yellow tinge. Like all Barielle polish, great staying power and finish. Please go buy this is you have yellowed/stained nails.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No