July 22, 2014 | 1426 users online

Makeup Brushes - TheBalm - Mini Kabuki

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by NadyasMom

Ok so despite the 3 lippies I really like this brush. Its soft it applies just the right amount of bronzer and it perfect for your purse cuz of the little tub. Why 3 lippies? Because mine sheds like crazy it may just be an old brush since I got it at Marshalls n it had the red tag so it was there for a while. Also I don't think I would pay full price for such a teeny brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Scratchy :/

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is tiny but soft. I got this brush in a set I purchased at marshalls, hadn't tried it out too much yet, but it is soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The size of this brush kindda reminds me of the kabuki brush that comes with the Maybelline Clear Smooth Mineral Powder Foundation but with 100x smoother and softer bristles. At first I was quite hesitant in buying this since after using the Maybelline mini kabuki on my face, I wanted to switch to a synthetic one just like my ELF Studio brushes that I used while applying at home. But I convinced myself that if it was bad, I'd only get to use it during touchups which I rarely do on an average day. What sealed the deal was actually the cute little plastic tube packaging this brush came with, which is perfect for traveling since one of my pet peeves with the Maybelline kabuki was it didn't have a decent enough packaging to keep it clean (read: a disposable plastic case that would easily get squished the moment you chuck it inside your bag). I loved how tiny this thing was--barely bigger than my thumb!--which meant yey for anyone who's really looking for a small enough kabuki brush for travel like me. I opened it and it had really soft bristles that didn't scratch my face. Unlike the other reviews of this brush, my brush didn't stink at all! I think one of the reasons why their brushes smelled badly was because of the plastic tube container, but once you aerate it, it'll probably go away. Okay, now back to the product. It surprised me how much product it was able to get especially since I was using it for a MAC MSF and most of my brushes merely swirled the product around the pan and hardly picked up anything on their bristles. It also packed on the product really well on my face since I pat the brush first before buffing the powder in. All in all, a great product which I highly recommend having in your travel makeup bag or inside your everyday bag for quick and hassle free touch ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by scabooter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those cases where I wish I had tried it before I bought it. For what it is, it is an excellent brush. It distributes color nicely and is very soft.

However, when they say "mini" they are not kidding. I ordered it from Sephora thinking it would probably stand about 3" tall, but it's really just shy of 2".

I have only tried this brush with light washes of color, though. I don't know how it would work for a strong blush, given that it has such a small surface area. If I knew how small it was before hand I would not have bought it, but having gotten it I like it enough to keep it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic little brush! I use it to add a pop of bright blush to the apple of my cheeks. It picks up and deposits the perfect amount of colour, even with blushes that I had previously written off as not working for me. The little tube it comes in makes it even more suitable for travelling. I would not use it for bronzer or face powder unless targetting specific areas. I think I might even buy a back-up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for 5 on sale - i think it sells normally for around 8/10.It is very small....i thought i would use it for bringing in my handbag for powder touchups - but its too small for that, it would take for ever to get my full face powdered with it. It does have its merits though - its excellent for applying powder around the nose, its very soft, it does not shed & my one smells totally normal.

I use it for applying powder blush.Its little tube container is handy too.Its a useful, well made little brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by PCA05KAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this little thing! When it arrived I was shocked at how small it was but in fact it is just the right size as it gets into the angles of my face (for instance down the sides of my nose etc). I use it for mineral foundation, finishing powder, Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural and blush so it really is multi-use! Mine does not smell funny or shed and it's relatively soft....Okay it's not extremley super soft like the Too Faced Kabuki Brush but that doesn't bother me... at least it is not scratchy! It gives great coverage and applies easily! The little holder that it comes in is handy for keeping the brush clean in my makeup bag and it's a great size for travel! I just love this brush and would re-purchase but I hope that I wont need to for a while!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Unlike my bare escentuals kabuki, bare escentuals tapered face/blush brush and my elf face/blush brush, my TheBalm baby kabuki brush doesn't smell like burnt rubber or old musty carpets.
Mine hasn't shed, yet. This brush is what I use for my mineral blush or contouring, or even for applying eyeshadow base color, it's too small for anything else. It picks up just enough powder and the bristles are densely packed enough to be great for buffing. It's way softer than my bare escentuals kabuki. This TheBalm mini kabuki isn't scratchy either. I got it less than $10, too, so that was a plus. It comes in a little hard plastic container with a plastic cap so the brush won't get mangled in my bag.
It's not as wonderful as my everyday minerals flat top brush but it comes pretty close.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by aurora_stone

The brush is cute and all, but it's not good for anything! I tried using it for mineral makeup...that doesn't really work, doesn't really deposit much of anything. I tried using it for blush, that didn't work either.
I tried using it for pressed powder and you will probably end up using your entire compact before any of the actual powder is deposited on your skin.

My brush sheds too!!! As for softness, it's quite soft I suppose, but I will not purchase again. Save up your money for a real brush!