Chanel Joues Contraste in Nude

4.8

on 5/12/2011 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Nude is such an interesting color; at first glance, it appears peachy beige, but on my skin, it shows up as a nude, pinky-beige color. I'm very fair (NW5-10, NARS Siberia for reference) and Nude is great for adding a hint of subtle color -- it perks up my complexion without looking noticeable or overdone, and it's almost impossible to tell that I'm even wearing anything. Very pretty!

on 12/18/2009 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's a shame this has been discontinued. It's such a nice rose-beige. It's pretty light and doesn't really show up on me when I'm super tan but when I'm not I really like it. I've hit pan on it and will miss it when it's gone.

on 4/25/2009 9:36:00 AM

Me: LLL NC15-20/Highly Sensitive Dry-ish Skin. I have olive green undertones to my skin but a tendency to surface redness.

First off, I will start by saying I love JCs! I find they have a beautiful texture and they give the look of the colour coming from within. The lasting power is excellent. The packaging is luxe and gorgeous cos hey, it is chanel! I have found nearly all my HG blushes in the Chanel JC line and have tried nearly all of the colours except those really HTF or discontinued berfore my time. The only con is the price, cos again its chanel so yes they are expensive! But well worth it imho.

I managed to swap for Nude and I honestly did not expect it to work for me but thought it would have good reswapping potential so went ahead away and what do you know, its now a HG! It is the perfect beige-pink on me. I get a lovely pinkish nude that doesnt look muddy or overly bronze or peach. Very sophisticated and versatile colour. Great to wear with more bold lips or eyes. I generally pair it with either reddish- rose or just red lips or a daytime smokey eye and it works really well.

on 2/16/2009 11:17:00 PM

Excellent basic nude, perfect for my usual understated faux "au naturale" look, but also for the less frequent occasions when I opt for lipsticks in red or smoky eyes. I'll definitely repurchase if I can, though currently I find myself reaching for Giorgio Armani's Sheer Blush in #2.

on 12/25/2008 5:17:00 AM

I posted a pic on the MU board of Jennifer Garner saying - how can I get this look?!? Lots of girls pointed me towards this blush. I looked at it, CRINGED at the price, looked at it again, thought about it for a week . . . .but then figured I'd take the plunge and get my first Chanel item.

On me (NW 15, usually) it's a very nice peachy-pink. I have used Nars Orgasm in the past, and loved the color, but disliked the amount of shimmer. I'm not comparing this to orgasm, as it's more pink/mauvey IMO, but it was a color I *thought* I was looking for.

As it turns out, I almost never reach for it. I don't dislike it, but I think the scent, or something in it, irritates my super-reactive skin. But when I do, I feel quite posh.

I put that I would repurchase because now that I know it's discontinued (how did I not know that?), I thought OH NO! So I guess that's an indication of liking it enough to want to buy it.

on 10/30/2008 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this couple days ago. just because I heard it's discontinued.

OMG! I don't know why I didn't buy chanel JC nude long time ago??
it's very beautiful nudy beige with just little peach tint.( I guess depends on skin tone, I am fair skin asian) on my skin it's really shows the color. match with my skin as very naturaly.
it's not show like **here!! look! my cheek is HERE **
it can nice match with smokey eye make up .
also very beautiful with red lip or even nude lip.

it's so sad this blush is discontinued.....

on 9/20/2008 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

*Sigh* This blush is a go-to classic for me when I wear a red-lip with black winged liner. I purchased this during the makeup board frenzy, where it was rumored that this beautiful blush would be discontinued soon and it sadly was. The price is pretty steep but it really delivers. Longlasting perfect natural nude,taupey brown blush. For reference my skin tone by MAC standards is NC 35

on 9/9/2008 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Perfect blush for the "Smokey Eye" look! I have tried to complete the look with quite a few other blush shades, applying them sparingly, then applying powder on top to tone it down, but with JC Nude, you can skip the other two steps. It imparts a subtle beige/pink color.. very neutral. I wear Beige 40 in Chanel, medium skintone, and this blush just deposits the right amount of color on me.

The name Nude is so appropriate for the look you can achieve with this blush! Chanel blushes are the best!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Lately I've found myself grabbing for this blush more. It doesn't show up orangey or anything weird like that. It's just a nice neutral peachy beige on my face. It doesn't overpower so it can be paired with a neutral or smokey eye. It also adds a nice warmth. I think it looks great paired with Chanel's Rouge Allure in Temptation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a nice basic nude / natural color on my pale skin. I find I don't reach for it all that much but I will hold on to it, its rare to find a nudey colored blush that shows up just enough and not to much...this is just that for my skin tone. Insanely expensive though!

Popular Blush Products