October 20, 2014 | 978 users online

Eyeliner - Lise Watier - Eye Shine in Fauve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a lovely universal colour that is a good alternative to black or brown eyeliner, making it a great basic. It glides on like butter and lasts for most of the day. I say most because it does smudge on me on the outer corner of my eyes during the summer, and my "days" are typically 18 hours.

BTW, I have UD's 24/7 eyeshadow pencil in Rehab and it looks exactly identical to this pencil when swatched next to each other. Then I did the rub test to see which one would rub off first (I don't know if this is a good longevity test, but hey, I was curious). I swatched both at the same time and let a good 2-3 minutes go by before rubbing. The Lise Watier Fauve rubbed off and smudged a bit on my hand, while the UD did not rub off at all! I might stick with UD during the summer and save my Lise pencils for winter.

Edit: Even though the UD stands up better to the hand rubbing the Lise version stands up better on the eyes. Odd.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Jcoull

The FAUVE is a WONDERRRFFULLL color!! Its so soft n mauvey brown! I love all the 'eye shine' liners! They have some funky colors!! Lime green?? Yes please!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I already own one dark brown eyeliner and wanted one that is lighter for a change. I picked up Fauve at Shoppers Drug Mart. It's a beautiful cool brown-taupe color. Definitely not too cool or too warm, in between. It goes on smoothly, stays on well and easy to remove. It's not too light nor too dark a shade. I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous brownish, grey, taupe kind of color! It is exactly MAC's Satin Taupe eyeshadow in a pencil!! I love, love how silky and creamy it is to apply, it reminds me a lot of Stila Kajal liners. It lasts all day without smudging all over the place! I am going to go and buy every single color I swear!
Amazing product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the smoothest eyeliner I ever tried! It glides on so smoothly that you cant even feel it!! The color of this product is not great for lining your eyes since it is a bit sheer. But if you are going for a natural everyday look this is great. This product also doubles as an eyeshadow base and it works amazing for that. Just apply it all over the lids and softly blend it out. It blends easily at first but after a while, it dries and becomes water resistant.

When using this as an eyeliner, the staying power is pretty amazing yet it's super easy to remove. The only problem with using it as a eyeliner is that since it glides on so smoothly, some of it will come onto your eyelashes but it's easily fixable with a eyelash comb.

This color is very multifunctional and I really do like this product. The price of this is kind of high but I would say it was worth my money. It's smudge-able at first and as it dries, becomes water resistant. Application is like a dream with this product since it glides so easily. The packaging could have been better if it was an automatic pencil. Ever time i sharpen this, i feel like i'm wasting a lot of product.

Overall an amazing product and would definitely recommend it to people.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Jeana

This is a really nice, creamy, metallic, soft brownish-taupe eyeliner.

It is super soft and smudges easily, but I don't mind, as I smudge it on purpose to use it as an eye shadow. I don't think this would be great if you aren't planning on smudging it out, as it is so soft and easily smudges; therefore, I am giving it a 4. Perfect as a shadow though :)

This is marketed as waterproof, yet it is easy to remove at night. I find that it is long-lasting and it is nicely pigmented. Really brings out the blue in my eyes too.

I really like a lot of Lise Watier products and I am quite impressed with this eye liner for use as a shadow. It is my new favourite eye product and can see myself using this quite often. It is a perfect brownish-taupe for my skin tone and I can easily deepen it's effect by building up the product a bit.

Once again, if you are looking for a liner that stays in a nice perfect line, this prob. isnít for you, but if you like to smudge your liner into more of a shadow, then this is great!

For reference: NW15, blue eyes, med-auburn brown hair

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Me: CCC (NC 43/45 or CoverFX I40/B15). Dark brown hair and eyes.Review: lovely smooth eyeliner, easy to apply, no tugging. FAUVE initially goes on as a neutral cool-based shimmery taupe. After a few hours, it's more of a neutral Greige colour. i prefer the initial colour though as it's got a bit of pink to it. i'm using this as an eyeshadow rather than a real eyeliner. i think it could perform better as in the eyelid crease area it sort of disappears.. mind you... NOTHING stays on my eyelid crease except for Lise Watier's now discontinued non-transferable crayong. Because i prefer the initial colour, i'm not 100% sure i'll repurchase. continued >>