November 21, 2014 | 1814 users online

Styling Products - Paul Mitchell - Thicken Up Styling Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by bmac71

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first bought this, I tried using it on my roots only and was not happy. Then I used it throughout all my hair after shampooing and it worked beautifully. In fact, I have never had anything that gave me this much body. Even on the second day, still nice and full. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by 4runnergirl

Bought the small bottle of this from cosmo prof for about $4. I am always searching for products to perk up my dull, flat, color treated fine hair. This definitely did the trick!!

I bought this about a month ago and just began using it. I can totally feel a difference in the size of my hair strands after using this. Running my fingers through my hair, it's not greasy or residuey. It's very soft and feels much fuller than without the product. It also smells wonderful too - like a clean/fruit smell.

I put in about 2 pumps to my hair - a little past shoulder length. I work it in while my hair is damp and then blow dry upside down. Works great! I also pair it with a leave in conditioner like Redken Anti snap, and I have no problems with dryness like some other thickening products.

I will definitely be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by cjxtypes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff a lot. Thing is though I like to use it when I just let my hair air dry. When I use the blow dryer and brush... static and fly away's like nobody's business. I don't know why. My hair is very fine and thin. It does give it body and shine and smells really nice, but I just can't use a brush on it during drying or afterwards. Weird. A little goes a long way. Will probably not repurchase, but this will probably last nearly the rest of the year.. if not longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by aggrolounge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG status! I have fine, dry hair with uneven amounts of wave (most of it is pretty straight but some random sections grow curly - not cool!) and this stuff evens out the texture and porosity of the hair, gives it moderate (but never greasy) shine, and bulks up each strand a fair amount. I would consider this a gel, smoother, and root lifter all in one. I apply evenly from root to tip. If you are looking for a dramatic, drier, stiffer kind of volume, this isn't it. This is just a polished look with a bit of extra fullness.

FYI - I used this years ago with long hair, and am now using it with short hair (5 in long, maybe?) and it works great on both lengths.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by missbliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I put in a squeeze or two into my longish, baby fine, color treated hair. Then I blow dry upside down. It doesn't give the biggest body at the roots (it's not quite a root pumping product) but it does make my hair fluffier & bigger. A word of caution -- do not use this if you're not going to blow dry. I did that once and my hair looked like garbage-- limp, stringy, dirty. I am a novice when it comes to styling hair so the fact that this works with my neophyte two-step process of "squirt into hair, blow dry upside down" makes me love it all the more.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by everythingblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Did nothing for my shoulder length fine, color-treated hair. If anything it made my hair feel limp and dirty. No shine, no hold, no thickness, no volume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Intially, I purchased this on a whim after the store was out of the Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum (which I also love). I have long, baby fine & wavy hair. I apply after I towel dry and pick out my hair then I finger comb it into the ends of my hair and put a small amount all over my hair then pick out my hair again. Then I let my hair dry naturally. This product really gives a great texture to my hair's natural wave and really makes my hair shiny and healthy looking. I especially, love how my hair looks if I blow dry or straighten my hair when I use this product. I usually use 2 pumps and that's perfect for my hair. I've gotten compliments on how shiny my hair is after I've used it.

The only thing I don't like is, that if I use this the next morning, after I comb my hair out before washing it makes my hair more frizzy then usual. Otherwise, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by facegal

I've had my first bottle of this for a long time...would use it for a few days, then stop, and occasionally go back to it. I think I'm back for good now, but learned that the key is less is more. I have very fine, straight hair, a little below shoulder length. I think the directions say to use 2-4 pumps, but I found that to be much too much for my hair and it would end up looking greasy and being weighed down. 1 to 1.5 pumps of this is the right amount for my hair. It adds body, shine, some volume, manageability, and reduces frizz. And the bonus is that my hair dries REALLY quickly after using this. Good packaging, easy to dispense the amount you want, and with the amount I'm using, this bottle will last forever. The only downside is that my bangs tend to look a little greasy when I wake up the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by plasticsqueegee

The first time I used this, I was depressed and demoralized because not only did it NOT add body but it seemed to actually make my hair flatter. If that's possible. My hair is very limp/thin/fine.

I experimented with the dosage, though. One pump works for my medium/short hair. I blow dry and put a little thickening wax in, as well, and I have more thickness and body than I've ever had.

It's a bit spendy compared to the drug store aisle counterparts, but you'll have it for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use less than 1 full pump in my just passed my shoulders length hair. Any more than that and my hair would get oily looking. It adds lots of shine and softness, not much body, though!