Chanel 217 Splendeur

one coat. that's all you need.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Splendeur when it first came out, but only used it once. However, a couple of weeks ago, I was going through my nail polishes and choose this one. I've re-captured my love of this colour, it's a raspberry pink shade, looks gorgeous on hands and feet. It applies perfectly, one coat and opaque/streak-free and long-lasting. I do love Chanel polishes, yes, they're pricey, but I just think the quality is superb. I've bought quite a few cheap drug store brands in the past, and am always disappointed with the finish (the only exception to this is the Rimmel Pro-Range). I just wish Chanel created a broader range of pinks (I loved their Boa which got discontinued)...

on 7/27/2010 2:35:00 AM

this fabulous polish is what sold me on Chanel polish. before I always thought it must be wasteful and silly to spend so much on a nail polish - until I tried this! I realized why it is worth it- it applies so well, so evenly! it's not runny at all but just applies perfectly without any going on the cuticle. it is almost like it is a different substance compared to other polishes. it applies thick enough to apply evenly but it is not goopy or clumpy at all - incredibly smooth and satiny. 2 coats and nails look perfect, as if they are acrylic they look so smooth and even! it also wears very well before chipping. and the color is the perfect hot pink! I'm so glad I swapped for this - and now I am addicted to Chanel polishes - they are so much better than OPI, Orly, China Glaze, Lancome, Sally Hansen, etc! worth the splurge :)

on 5/27/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

great raspberry color i am loving it on my fingers an toes! perfect spring summer color, great application, one coat gives full coverage..not streaky , there is no shimmer

on 5/9/2010 2:33:00 AM

I feel exactly the same as the other reviewers so far ... this nailpolish is great! I was surprised to see that only one coat gives full coverage. The color looks good on fingers and toes, it's a hot raspberry.

on 4/14/2010 12:40:00 PM

This, along with Rouge Noir is my favourite Chanel colour. It is a beautiful, vibrant, hot fuchsia and it looks great on both finger and toenails. I have pale olive skin with yellow undertones and the slight blue undertone in this polish really flatters the complexion.

The consistency is creamy and you get an even coverage in the first coat. The colour really shows up in the second. I wear it over two layers of Jessica base coat and top it with Jessica Top Seal and Brilliance, followed by OPI Drip Dry. I found that Chanel polishes tend to shrink the next day under fast dry topcoats, so I try to avoid that by sealing the tip and under the nail.

As with almost all Chanel polishes, this is a spot-on tone without cloying pinkness, yet very summery and cheery all the same.

on 4/2/2010 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Such a beautiful color that suits my skintone.

Great application and durability.

Would I buy this product again? Yes.

on 9/26/2009 10:22:00 PM

The colour is amazing~~ Best nail polish ever!

on 9/7/2009 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a pretty opaque raspberry that wears perfectly year round. Like other polishes Iíve used with this brand, it applies beautifully after just two coats. Itís surprisingly durable for Chanel; Iíve known some of their other polishes to chip after a day. But as a pedicure this one lasted two weeks, still glossy and all! Itís pricey for a nail polish but the quality is undeniable Ė it dries quickly and brushes on evenly. Iíve gotten many compliments while wearing Splendeur, both on toes and fingernails. Timeless, classy, and one of my go-to shades.

on 4/20/2009 7:08:00 PM

Vibrant dark pink polish that pops. Love it! Very elegant on toes and fingers.

Popular Polishes