October 22, 2014 | 1501 users online

Skincare - Face - Boots - Botanics Purifying Face Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

Prior to using this, I was using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub ... so compared to that scrub, this scrub isn't as harsh .. definitely more gentle. Personally, I prefer the St. Ives one. After scrubbing my face with this, my skin didn't feel as clean and I didn't see a difference with my skin at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by emel284

Let me start by saying i originally liked this product a lot, so much so that I used a whole tube of it. I felt as thought it worked well just to scrub any dead skin off my face and I used it just a few times a week. As I went to repurchase this I just so happened to read the ingredients (I have been obsessing about natural ingredients in my products lately) and I read that not only is this scrub filled with parabens, but it also contains mineral oil! Since this is called "Botanics" I had originally figured the ingredients would be great, guess not. If you are interested in this product just as a face scrub then maybe this is fine for you, but I chose to not repurchase it and to find other scrubs that contain better ingredients with not so much misleading packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought this was a perfectly good scrub, with just the right amount of particles to slough off dead skin cells. Using this infrequently – once a week – my skin is free from irritation, and left feeling very soft. I don’t use physical scrubs that often, but I had thought my favourite was Clinique’s 7 Day Scrub. I now find that an annoying scrub to use, with residue and blotchy skin left in its wake. The Botanics product, which is very cheap, does a better job for my sensitive, hyper-reactive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by strandedinpolska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this scrub for $9 at Target. I was looking for something similar to my Queen Helene Mint Julip scrub that I had ran out of, of course I was thinking this Boots would be better, as it was pricier. Upon using it, I don't notice any exfoliating. And upon rinising and patting dry my face, I don't feel CLEAN. I usually save scrubs for in-shower uses, but this one I definitely won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by dav09

I use this about twice a week or whenver my face feels dull. On other days i use the foam wash of the gel cleanser, all are excellent.
My face looks clearer and my complexion brighter after i have used this and make up sits brilliant after i have used this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by fadzhm56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub! Used this throughout winter and it did not dry up my skin. I only use a pea-sized amount and a little goes a long way. I have acne prone skin and I have my skin under control now, and using this scrub helps a lot. It's gentle and I haven't had any breakouts since I've started using this. I use this every other night and my skin looks way better - less congestion and so I don't mask my face as much anymore. I used to use Body Shop's Tea Tree Scrub and it was a little harsh and drying. I'm glad I read this review - I never would have thought of buying anything from this line. I have bought it twice now and am thinking to buy more for stock as we don't have Boots back in my country :( Absolutely recommend!

/added: oh it also TONES and reduces redness on my cheeks and my face looks better than ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by judeandam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this scrub does a good job of exfoliating my face. i don't find it too abrasive or drying. i also like how there's no overwhelming fragrance/scent. the packaging is efficient in that it stands on it's flip top - ensuring that the product can be used up completely.
the only con is that for it's small size, it's a little pricey. it sells for $8 for 2.5oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by haykitty

I adore this scrub. It's wonderful in summer because it takes off makeup without leaving any greasy residue. I love it in the winter because it actually adds moisture to your face.

Don't skip this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

This is your average non-foaming cream cleanser with crushed apricot and walnut seeds for scrubbing and exfoliation. I like that the cream is nice and thick. The scrubbing granules are not as harsh as I remember apricot scrubs generally feeling - but still feels like an apricot scrub, YKWIM? Still rougher than the microbead-type exfoliating cleansers. I like the travel-friendly squeeze tube and packaging - it's translucent so you can see how much is left and stands on its fliptop end so product is always at the ready. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this is non-drying to my dry/combo skin (probably because this product contains mineral oil). Rinses off well. My HG cleanser was out of stock, so I gave this a try; ounce-for-ounce, this is much more expensive than my HG cleanser though. Overall: not too shabby!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by kersalli2

I am really impressed with the new Boots products I've been trying at Target. This is my second one so far and it has me very intrigued at the rest of their products. I've been looking for a face scrub/exfoliator for a while now and, after much debate, I decided to go with this product from Boots. The price is decent ($7.99 for a 2.5oz tube) and the packaging is average. I tried this tonight and it's a very mild scrub but it yields great results. Obviously, I'll need to try it more to get a better idea, but so far I'm really liking it. You don't need to use a lot and the granules are mild enough for daily use. My face looked cleaner and healthier than it has looked for a while immediately after use, so I couldn't recommend this product more. I suggest you try it. Also, it's got a bit of a creamy consistensy and it is formulated to be non-drying to your skin.