October 31, 2014 | 1193 users online

Cleansers - L'Occitane - Almond Apple Cleansing Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

It's a shame that this made my face all red and inflamed because it felt so nice while I was using it! The oil turns milky when in contact with water and it works into a nice kind of creamy lather that gets off makeup really well. My skin felt really supple and smooth after using this but unfortunately, it felt so uncomfortable that I had to re-wash my face using good old cetaphil to tone down the inflammation! :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I bought this product knowing that I would be unable to use it as a cleanser because I have oily skin. I intended to use it as a gentler eye makeup remover. Well, it is successful as an eye makeup remover, but I had to go over my eyes with cleanser to take away the residue. Not the end of the world, but not what I really wanted to do. Also, the packaging is terrible as it shoots out oil from the pump. It is impossible to push it down gently and get the right amount. A full squirt always comes out. I got it on my shirt the first time because I wasn't expecting it to do that. However, one unintended but fantastic use for this is to remove hair-dye or other stains from the skin. I have yet to find a product that can do that without irritating my skin. Overall, this product is okay, but expensive for its limited range of use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by chuichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleansing oil has a lovely scent, its texture is pretty runny compared to several other cleansing oils. I think it does a moderate job of removing makeup. The thing that really annoyed me about this cleansing oil is that everytime after removing my eye makeup (mascara and eyeliner) my eyes are slightly irritated. They seem to have a film on top of it so everything I see is blurry. No matter what I tried whatever I see is still blurry. This has never happened with other cleansing oils I've used (Shu Uemura, DHC, Lancome...). I don't know if this breaks me out (more than usual) because I have acne regularly anyway, but it does sound like it breaks other users out, so I'll watch out for this. Also it leaves my skin slightly drier than other cleansing oils. Certainly not a very hydrating cleansing oil at all. I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I use it primarily as a mu remover, and only sometimes as a cleanser on its own. It smells AMAZING, and leaves my skin feeling clean and comfortable. I was a huge Pond's Cold Cream devotee before using this, so I was used to using a mu remover that involves massaging the product into the skin and removing it with warm water. I prefer this product because of the smell, and because it is free of mineral oil.

I took one lippy off because it doesn't take of every last bit of mu. But, this combined with a cleanser does the trick. It's a trade off, though, because I don't like mu removers with alcohol or other irritants in them (which make them better at removing mu).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by celbel

I don't understand why this product has so many bad reviews. I love it. In fact, it's just recently been discontinued in Australia and I went and bought up all the bottles I could find. I use it as a makeup remover and it's great. It's so much gentler on my fairly sensitive skin then using biotherm and other oil based makeup removers and it's way quicker as well. I just use one pump spread all over my face and when I remove it with water the oil turns all milky and washes off easily. I've tried other cleansing oils (Aesop, Shu Uemera) and this is my favourite. It doesn't break me out, In fact I've noticed that I get less black heads when using this! Also, it smells great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never used oil to take face makeup off before (I usually use removing wipes), so I have nothing to compare this product to. I bought this on sale because I was curious about cleansing oil; I probably would not have purchased it if it had been full-price.
The smell is out of this world-nice and subtle, not at all overpowering.
The texture scared the hell out of me the first time I used it. I guess years of buying oil-free products and dealing with oily skin...it took a bit of getting used to. I was used to it after a few uses, and even came to enjoy the sensation.
As far as removing my makeup, I don't find that it did a better job than my makeup-removing wipes. It certainly took more time than the wipes, but also felt more luxurious. It didn't leave my skin glowing or more moisturized than before, but it didn't break me out. So I'm just sort of 'eh' on it.
Two things that are a definite downside: the price tag, and the fact that it is not made to remove eye makeup.
So really, the only thing going for it is the scent. It's truly a lovely smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by roachz81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got a full bottle of this from a friend who did not like it. Have always been using cleansing oils so i thought it would be the same.

FIrst of all, i noticed that this one does not clean as thoroughly as Fancl cleansing oil. And also it is also inevitable not to get a tiny bit of product into the eyes no matter how hard i try.... i got this strange squeaky sensation in my eyes after every cleansing/shower session.

Anyway i have used two other brands of cleansing oils before apart from this: Fancl and DHC. I would rank Fancl as the best, followed by DHC and L'Occitane. DHC and L'Occitane wrecked some havoc on my skin, i have been getting these small white pimples, which i attributed to maybe a wrong moisturizer or something... but in the end, the problem disappeared after i ditched cleansing oils completely and switched to cleansing water. I am using Bioderma's Micelle Solution, and MUCH better......

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by 21021987

I was so sad that this product made me break out so badly! I adore the smell and love the Almond Apple Velvet Concentrate in the same line. However, after just a couple of uses I broke out very badly. Little pimples, acne. Stopped using it and tried it again after my skin got better, same reaction. The girl in the store told me it may go away if I continue using it for a week or two so my skin gets used to it, but I didn't like the idea of walking around with worse acne than my 13 yr old sister. So she recommended a foam cleanser instead that works wonderful. Don't know if I had a bad reaction to some of the ingredients (weird since I love what the moisturizer does for my skin) or if it was because it was a oil, never tried cleansing oils before, so I can't say for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

This one is not as good as DHC cleansing oil, because it does not get rid of all my waterproof makeup (eyeliner and mascara), but all else, it does a decent job. Did not give me acne (touch wood) or irritate my skin. Compared to DHC, the oil is lighter in texture, which I like, and it is cheaper than DHC also.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I picked up this product after my origins cleansing oil ran out. A huge mistake... even though this oil smells nice and feels nice on my dry skin, it makes me break out! After a week of use, little blemishes and a cystic acne appeared (my skin is not breakout prone, and I didn't change anything in my skincare regime except this oil). I will definitely go back to Origins cleansing oil (the best one I tried).