Jergens Jergens Natural Glow Firming

3.7

on 12/20/2014 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought it and put it on my arms, so far the new improved smell is pleasant and it dried in moments, I'll keep you posted....

on 8/14/2014 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

i'm glad i didn't give up on the natural glow line of tanners after trying the foaming version, which faded super quickly, smelled super chemically and was not subtle. the firming/moisturizing natural glow version smells nice, is easy to apply and gave my skin golden, natural looking colour.

This isn't terrible if all you want is a hint of color-my skin is very fair, and I hate the Oompa-Loompa look that so many sport here at the beach in Crappyville, so I am not looking to be extra dark to begin with. But this....well, it works, and it doesn't. If you are indoors, it makes you look as though you got a bit of sun-just right for what I want. But when you go outside on a sunny day, it looks as though you got a bit of (orange) sun around your knees and ankles, and nowhere else-it goes all faded and splotchy in bright light! And yes, I do know how to apply self-tanner properly-I have done so for years with other brands that worked much more consistently well than this,so it really isn't me-it's this stuff! I do tend to use it on thinner-skinned areas that should be a bit lighter anyway, like feet and hands, and it does make my skin feel nice and soft, so I might repurchase-if I start with a better-performing brand as a base, a layer of this on top might extend its life a day or two. At the price, it's worth a try, but, as another reviewer said....you get what you pay for. I wouldn't buy this again just to use by itself.

on 6/21/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great for your face, especially now in summer. I find I can even skip foundation( or use way less) because the color of a light tan is just enough to bring glow to the face. A real winner for me and may continue to use after summer too.

on 6/21/2014 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for a couple of years now and I really love it. Never orange, always subtle and the price is right! I've tried a lot of high end tanners and the results were not great - orange tint, too long to dry, smelled nasty, or the results demanded perfect application (I'm a little casual). I have never noticed a real firming action, but that was never my main concern. I use the medium to tan shade and it never gets TOO dark. It used to have a fairly unpleasant smell but the formula has changed. The tube I bought 4/2014 says there's no odor - this is not true, but it's actually pleasant now. I don't have very dry skin so this is plenty moisturizing for me. This is easy to apply and dries really fast. I wash my hands as soon as I'm done and never have a problem with stained palms.
EDIT: Because I couldn't get dark enough with this product, I started using L'oreal Sublime Bronze. I'll use this product in the colder months.

on 6/11/2014 8:46:00 AM

I've tried the BB tanner and the 3 days to glow product by Jergens. Both are exceptional and will not streak. It's a natural tan and will darken with each application. They have one for the face that is odorless so something for everyone.

on 6/8/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this lotion for over a year (not daily, but during shorts/skirts season). A friend of mine asked if I'd been to the beach after using it. It is definitely gradual, but one use is enough to break the stark whiteness of my legs haha.
I feel I need to explain the "firming" aspect... Any tanning softens the look of cellulite. I have a few dimples on the back of my thighs that seem to increase the whiter my skin gets and lessens as I gain a tan. So, I wouldn't depend on this as a cellulite remover; I've had much better luck with coconut oil for that.
But I definitely recommend this lotion if you're looking for a gradual, long-lasting tan :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product because it was "cheap" and the old saying "you get what you pay for" really held up here. I used it for several days in a row and got very little color. And it did nothing as far as "firming". Also, I wasn't a fan of the smell. Very disappointing.

on 7/16/2013 3:12:00 PM

Not bad. Probably the most reasonable "slow-glow" moisturizing ST out there right now. Firming ability is negligible. I tend to get streaky legs, but I think I'm failing to exfoliate very well. Tends to break me out if I use the body formula for the face, so I'm going to experiment with cutting with my regular facial moisturizer. For some reason, new formula looks really natural on my arms. I look like I've been out in the sunshine, not roasting in a tanning bed.

on 6/5/2013 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about two weeks and I am definitely impressed. It dries quickly so you are able to put it on right after you get out of the shower and get dressed shortly after. I have a olive complexion and just with two weeks of using I have a natural looking tan, perfect for summer without so much sun exposure! I see a lot of people mentioning the smell. I think it has been reformulated recently because there is not a strong odor at all. The slight smell of it actually smells sort of florally. So it isn't bad at all.

The only con so far is that I forgot to wash it off of my hands once and it made the web part of my fingers turn a orangish color. After two days of scrubbing this was gone. Since this was my fault, I think it still deserves 5 stars!