August 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Self Tanners - Jergens - Jergens Natural Glow Firming

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for your face, especially now in summer. I find I can even skip foundation( or use way less) because the color of a light tan is just enough to bring glow to the face. A real winner for me and may continue to use after summer too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I've been using this for a couple of years now and I really love it. Never orange, always subtle and the price is right! I've tried a lot of high end tanners and the results were not great - orange tint, too long to dry, smelled nasty, or the results demanded perfect application (I'm a little casual). I have never noticed a real firming action, but that was never my main concern. I use the medium to tan shade and it never gets TOO dark. It used to have a fairly unpleasant smell but the formula has changed. The tube I bought 4/2014 says there's no odor - this is not true, but it's actually pleasant now. I don't have very dry skin so this is plenty moisturizing for me. This is easy to apply and dries really fast. I wash my hands as soon as I'm done and never have a problem with stained palms.
EDIT: Because I couldn't get dark enough with this product, I started using L'oreal Sublime Bronze. I'll use this product in the colder months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Chi910

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried the BB tanner and the 3 days to glow product by Jergens. Both are exceptional and will not streak. It's a natural tan and will darken with each application. They have one for the face that is odorless so something for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I've used this lotion for over a year (not daily, but during shorts/skirts season). A friend of mine asked if I'd been to the beach after using it. It is definitely gradual, but one use is enough to break the stark whiteness of my legs haha.
I feel I need to explain the "firming" aspect... Any tanning softens the look of cellulite. I have a few dimples on the back of my thighs that seem to increase the whiter my skin gets and lessens as I gain a tan. So, I wouldn't depend on this as a cellulite remover; I've had much better luck with coconut oil for that.
But I definitely recommend this lotion if you're looking for a gradual, long-lasting tan :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by JulieWilson203

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this product because it was "cheap" and the old saying "you get what you pay for" really held up here. I used it for several days in a row and got very little color. And it did nothing as far as "firming". Also, I wasn't a fan of the smell. Very disappointing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by qkellie

Not bad. Probably the most reasonable "slow-glow" moisturizing ST out there right now. Firming ability is negligible. I tend to get streaky legs, but I think I'm failing to exfoliate very well. Tends to break me out if I use the body formula for the face, so I'm going to experiment with cutting with my regular facial moisturizer. For some reason, new formula looks really natural on my arms. I look like I've been out in the sunshine, not roasting in a tanning bed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Smaccks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for about two weeks and I am definitely impressed. It dries quickly so you are able to put it on right after you get out of the shower and get dressed shortly after. I have a olive complexion and just with two weeks of using I have a natural looking tan, perfect for summer without so much sun exposure! I see a lot of people mentioning the smell. I think it has been reformulated recently because there is not a strong odor at all. The slight smell of it actually smells sort of florally. So it isn't bad at all.

The only con so far is that I forgot to wash it off of my hands once and it made the web part of my fingers turn a orangish color. After two days of scrubbing this was gone. Since this was my fault, I think it still deserves 5 stars!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by val672

I have been using the Jergins Natural Glow Firming Cream for 3 weeks every day and I definately don't look like the girl they show in the TV ad. I used it on my entire body, and I only noticed a slight difference on my legs. It also shows up darker on the bony areas around my ankles and knees. I was not impressed at all! I asked famly and friends and they all said they didn't notice a big difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by anela07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a small tester sized (medium to tan) version of this product in the mail, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I mainly wanted to target my legs because they're always a bit more white than the rest of me, and shorts season is here!

I have to say that I am very impressed. I applied it once and by the next morning saw that I had a healthier colour to my legs. After two applications, I thought I'd better stop before my legs got disproportionally dark compared to the rest of me. It dries quickly if you rub it in, there's no need to let it dry more than a few minutes before getting dressed.

No orange colour like the last tanner I used 5+ years ago, and less of a nasty scent (although let's be honest, after an hour or so you still start to smell it). As for the firming aspect, I don't think any of us believe that it really works, but the colour does definitely help to camouflage cellulite imperfections.

I found that it did come out streaky on my shins, but only because I didn't rub it in well enough. Be extra careful on areas where the skin is thinner, it seems to come out a bit streaky if you don't really rub it in.

I will definitely go out and buy the full size! It will be a great product for maintaining and evening out my tan this summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Karinabella16

This product gives you a natural tan. I noticed the color change the next day but it builds up throughout the week if you apply it everyday. As for the firming part I think it does help. I don't really have that much of a problem with cellulite so I assume the firming is for people that have little to no cellulite. Other than that, I really like this self-tanner because it looks natural:)