December 22, 2014 | 1677 users online

Lipstick - Dior - Rouge Dior Replenishing Lipstick in Must-See Mauve

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by daisies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll cut to the chase: Exactly the same color as MAC "O" but less drying and perhaps *slightly* less opaque. Excellent staying power. PPPs need not be afraid -- I'm NW15 with chocolate-brown hair, and it's my signature shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

Must-see Mauve is a great color, as other describe before me it is a coppery-mauve lipstick (strangely really close from my natural lip color) but really the formula of Dior lipstick is just amazing, It could be a little more lasting (3-4hrs) that the only thing they could work on, its full coverage without being heavy, all the colors have a nice shine and its moisturizing, Rouge G from Guerlain (they are more expensive) is in my opinion the only lipstick that is better then Dior.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was a spur of the moment purchase. i had a gift card and i always wanted to try Dior lippies so here we are. I was eyeing my usual watermelon pink but then decided to get color i normally wouldn't get(i'm trying to get out of the lipstick rut). My ideal lipstick must be opaque(not sheer) in color, must feel moisturizing(at least a little) and have fairly good lasting power. I'm afraid this one didn't meet any of the above criteria. I settled on the color called "Must see mauve". In the tube it looks like dark golden bronze color but when swatched its very different-if you want a dupe(or almost a dupe), MAC's "O" is very close. I would describe it as copper berry color with golden shimmer. The only difference between this and "O" is that "O" is bit darker and more opaque. I think this would look good either on darker skin or pale brunettes. Color maybe a bit harsh on pale skin/hair ladies. I'm PPP, with dark hair and it looks good with my coloring. I have to say that lasting power is very poor. When i applied in once and blotted it, it took most of lipstick right off. Whatever I was expecting, this wasn't one the scenarios. Goes on very creamy and feels rather slippery which is good on one hand but on the other don't expect your lipstick to survive anything, even drinking, let alone eating. "O" definately has more coverage and lasting power is much better. Despite the minuses, i do like it however i'm not sure i would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Aneesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another winner from Dior. Its a perfect mix of browns, coppers and warm pinks. It is highly pigmented, and looks wonderful whether paired with light eyes or with more made up eyes. The other great thing is that one can wear it with browns and pinks - or anything in between. The texture of the lipstick is great - silky smooth to apply and fairly long wearing. It is also very moisturising. This could become a staple in my lipstick collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Zelora

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OOoooo! What a winner! Must-see Mauve (#713) looks coppery-brown in the tube. But when you put it on, SURPRISE! It is sort of a mauve (what does 'mauve' mean, again? lots of funny colors are called mauve), a pinkish-purplish color, medium deep, but is very, very shimmery with golden-copper shine...it's a complex color, and I luv that! It also has a very good feeling on the lips...a balance between moisture and staying power. I put it on around 7 p.m. to go to a concert, and now it's almost 11:30 and I've eaten bunches of snacks and so forth, but there is still a little color left on my lips.
If you've been dreaming of a magical brownish-coppery-reddish-purpley color, this might be IT! Other contenders would be Chanel's "Venice Violine", though that is more purplish than this. I actually like this one better.
I went to Sephora planning to buy "Shiniest Style", but when I looked at it on my hand I realized that one is just a peach with glitter, like some of Chanel's island-named Aqualumieres, and started looking for something more interesting - and found it!
Another cool color in Dior is Shiniest Chestnut. I used to be in love with Chanel but seem to have gone over to Dior! And when I think about the clothes....I realize that Dior is really more "out there", ya know?
By the way, Must-See Mauve is called "Chef D'Oeuvre" in French, which translates more or less to "Masterpiece". Yep! It's that, all right!