April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Hard as Nails

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought quite a few of these nail polishes over the years, this kind mainly because it's cheap, but I just really don't care for it. They separate really easily, as in if you put it down on a table at night and then wake up in the morning, the color will be at the bottom and the oil or whatever it is will be at the top. That and I have about 6 or 7 of these and every single one takes at least 5 coats to become opaque. The bottles are oddly shaped and I'm just not a fan. Instead of buying a bunch of bottles of this crap, buy one good bottle of OPI or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by RebekahDigney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sally hansen has great polish however these ones are particularly the best for me. My nails love to break at a certain point and with this nail polish it makes them unbreakable so there you go finally!!. I prefer them over opi or essie purly for their strong hold. They also don't chip as easily which is a bonus !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this really does makes my nails unbreakable.
there was this one time where my nail broke accidentally, i chipped it off and usually i would fiddle around with the chipped nail and make it look worse, but because of this polish it is damn hard to actually fiddle around with it.
bottom line is that my nails just really become much stronger and harder to break and chip. love this so much. the only thing i hate is the brush, kinda annoying but oh well :P

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by PopularPolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Quick drying

Cons:
None that particularly stick out to me

Overall:
This is my main base coat, and since I started using it, I find my long nails break less often.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

I find that this product DOES help my nails get a little strong, and less bendable and prone to breaking. However, it can have a weird consistency, and doesn't help my nails over time. Only when I have it on.
Polish on top of this can bubble for me, and I'm not sure if it's because of this or something else, but since I've been using this as a base coat, I find that my nail polish tends to peel off in full sheets! So weird!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. My favorite nail look is the very natural clear look haha. A lot of people have misconceptions of how this product really works. It coats your nail so that it will prevent bending, tearing, and chipping of the nail by making it hard and stiff. I love the end result in just two coats. I've experimented with 3 coats or 2 thick coats and that wasn't so good. I like the shiny thick hard look, while still looking natural. Better than most the 10 dollar products and for about $2. My only negative comments is they don't last over a week.. which is too optimistic, and the smell is pretty annoying but that's with all nail things. Overall I will keep buying it since it is my go to product =)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These rival some of the more expensive polishes I own. Smooth application, opaque in two coats, and dries reasonably quickly. I layered a coat of the clear bluish glitter 810 Bold as Brass over 2 coats of the really pretty royal blue, 710 Gem-stone. Super cute. I often have trouble with dark blue polishes across a lot of different brands--in my experience they are often either too thin or too thick, or streaky or runny or gloppy, and you have to be really careful applying it because, like red polishes, they stain the skin, making cleaning up mistakes a bit tedious. This polish pretty much went where I wanted it to go, and even when I did make a minor mistake, it didn't stain the way other blue polishes have done. I wasn't able to get a very clean line of polish near the cuticle (partially the brush's fault, partially my fault), but it wasn't anything a cheap angled eyeliner brush dipped in polish remover couldn't fix. I'll be buying more of these in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by anchorsandbows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for $2.23 at Rexall today, and was so pleased! :) It goes on very smoothly although the consitency is on the watery side but i still adore it . I got this is "Sheer Strawerry" which is a soft, pastley strawberry icecream colour. Very princessy and pretty !The rush is nice and flexible so its precise and its wide enough that i only need 1-2 strokes per nail and its never streakey. Amazing product. Will be buying this again ! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by cbenjamin313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always have a bottle of this in my fridge (why do we store polish there?). It's good. I can't say that I want long nails, so I can't review the product on that criteria. But for a home manicure with a clear polish that makes your nails feel protected and "done" this is my favorite. Dries in a snap, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was given a few of these as a gift from my friend and I must say that I'm really glad she did! I normally stay away from cheap, drugstore nail polishes in light of previous experiences with trying to find a good one (and ending up spending enough money to buy me more expensive polishes that I would have been way more satisfied with!)

Anyway, I was satisfied with these mainly because of their application and the chip-less formula. They applied super smoothly, which is attributed not only to the formula but also the wide-but-not-too-wide applicator. I was able to cover my nail in two to three easy applications. It isn't 'gloopy' or watery at all. I was also surprised to find that these lasted me a good week with near perfect condition before the first major chip. (This is with two bare coats; no base or top)

I later found out on a trip to the drugstore (i'm sure you do it too (; ) that they are only $3. Essies and OPIs, move over!

And out of the shades I received, I strongly recommend Fly Away! It's a sheer ballerina pink that is sophisticated enough to be pulled off on its own or it provides a nice duochrome effect as a top coat over any other solid color!