Sally Hansen Hard as Nails

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/10/2015 6:02:00 PM

I find this to be one of the hardest nail polishes to work with. It is quite thick but yet it still requires more than one coat to look decent, but it takes a terribly long time to dry. Will never repurchase. Even though its one of the most affordable nail polishes out there, there are lots of alternatives in the same price range with much better formulas that I will purchase instead.

on 1/8/2015 1:07:00 AM

I love Sally Hansen and her Hard As Nails is my favorite line. My favorite color is Heart of Stone. It doesn't seem like it's named right! The name sounds like it would be describing a gray color. But it's actually a beautiful shade of pink. Light, not see through, but not loud either. For me it's the perfect shade of pink. Really soft and delicate but not see through. It lasts soooo long on my nails. And the price...when you add it all up, it cannot be beat. I just can't justify spending the extra $$ on other brands when I know this meets all my needs. I never regret buying this brand. :)

on 10/17/2014 5:57:00 PM

In general I love Sally Hansen. I have so many colours from this line its crazy. The glitters are amazing. I really love Disco Ball (a white/rainbow glitter) and my all-time favourite: strobe light (pink glitter with larger holographic glitters). The formula for this line is great but the only thing I've noticed with the glitters is that over time it gets thick/goopy.

on 8/6/2014 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

As an OPI user, I decided to try the "cheaper" nailpolish by buying the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Rock Bottom at Walmart for $1.96 compared to $8.50 for OPI. As someone who never buys drug store "cheap" makeup due to the fact that is horrible compared to MAC or Estee Lauder, I figured maybe the same doesn't go for nail polishes. Maybe cheaper nail polishes are just as good as the expensive ones such as OPI. Well, I can't attest to the longevity of the nail polish as I just put it on. But, I can say, this was the most complicated nail polish to put on. It had almost a gel like texture that if you did not smoothe onto your nail immediately, it kind of clumped and dried leaving a line from the brush stroke. The color itself is pretty but that is about it for now. I am positive I am going to be returning this one. I don't think this nail polish was "old" due to the fact it was liquidy coming out of the bottle. It just has a very uneven texture while putting it on and for that fact, I gave it two lippies.

on 7/13/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I usually buy Ice, sinful colors, or other cheap polishes. When I saw the SH name for $2, I figured I'd give it a try. I used my China Glaze white base coat and applied this polish on top. It was very runny and thin. Even with the white base, I had streaks on top of streaks from two applications. When I tried to apply extra polish to coat my nail thicker, it just dripped and dried to the cuticle.

The next day, after doing dishes, I noticed that the polish had shrunk around the cuticle and tips of my nails like plastic. I could see uneven portions of white at the tips and cuticles of my nails. Normally my polish doesn't chip or peel from washing dishes or taking a shower within the first 24 hours. I haven't tried peeling it because I know that's bad for your nails, but I'm sure it'd peel right off as a whole piece.

This polish was a waste of money and time. I'm really glad I didn't take the time to paint designs or add decals with this mani because that would've been an even bigger waste. I'm going to give this to one of the little girls my son hangs out with because they fly through nail polish fast. They'll be happy I purchased this dud, but I'm not. At least it was only $2. Would NOT recommend!

on 5/23/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The only pro to this polish is that there is a great color selection.

BUT THAT'S IT.

The formula is weird. It's simultaneously too thick and too runny. It's impossible to apply a thin layer of this stuff, and it only goes on either too little at a time (which causes streaks) or too much at a time (which causes bubbling and goopiness and a slow dry time).

The brush is also not good. It's thin and long and doesn't work well with this polish.

on 11/18/2013 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've bought quite a few of these nail polishes over the years, this kind mainly because it's cheap, but I just really don't care for it. They separate really easily, as in if you put it down on a table at night and then wake up in the morning, the color will be at the bottom and the oil or whatever it is will be at the top. That and I have about 6 or 7 of these and every single one takes at least 5 coats to become opaque. The bottles are oddly shaped and I'm just not a fan. Instead of buying a bunch of bottles of this crap, buy one good bottle of OPI or something.

on 10/28/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sally hansen has great polish however these ones are particularly the best for me. My nails love to break at a certain point and with this nail polish it makes them unbreakable so there you go finally!!. I prefer them over opi or essie purly for their strong hold. They also don't chip as easily which is a bonus !!

on 4/14/2013 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this really does makes my nails unbreakable.
there was this one time where my nail broke accidentally, i chipped it off and usually i would fiddle around with the chipped nail and make it look worse, but because of this polish it is damn hard to actually fiddle around with it.
bottom line is that my nails just really become much stronger and harder to break and chip. love this so much. the only thing i hate is the brush, kinda annoying but oh well :P

Pros:
Quick drying

Cons:
None that particularly stick out to me

Overall:
This is my main base coat, and since I started using it, I find my long nails break less often.

Popular Polishes