Ion Sensitive Scalp Developer

4.7

on 8/5/2015 4:51:00 PM

I have been using this 20 volume developer for several years..Easy on the scalp with great results.

on 12/12/2014 12:09:00 PM

Ok I have always used the generic sally's developer. Zero issues.
I used 10 volume Ion Sensitive scalp (it was only on for 10 mins). I liked the scent. However, out of nowhere I had oily scalp ( I mean very oily which lasted 4 weeks). My scalp still itches a lot and it gave me dandruff for 3 weeks. I have never had dandruff in my life. I have colored my hair with professional products for 28 years. I went to cosmetology school at age 15. I have never had this happen. I do not like this developer. Shame because it smelled so nice my boyfriend commented on it. But no no no. Today is 5 weeks after coloring and my scalp is itching STILL. It itches like I just colored it with bad developer yesterday after 5 weeks??? Ugh.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Excellent product, Amazing smell compared to most developers used with lightening powder. Used the Ion Sensitive Scalp 20 Volume developer with Loreal Quick Blue powder to do my roots and within 40 minutes including application time I had the platinum color I needed to match the rest of my hair. Makes up keep simple and well worth the time and money not spent at a salon for someone else to do what I can do myself.

on 5/9/2014 11:24:00 AM

I can't tell you how many bottles of this I go through. I used it in 20 with their ammonia-free bleach. I took my hair from brown to platinum white over the course of a few bleachings spread over the year with this stuff. It's awesome. I use it for my roots too. I always have used Ion and probably always will.

on 10/5/2013 9:03:00 PM

I tried this in 20 vol and will now be replacing my 30 and 40 with this too. Yes, I sometimes use evil 40 haha. I was using oreor l'oreal which burned my scalp (20 vol) in searing pain. This never ever happened before this round of color. So when needing to tone today i knew i couldn't take the oreol so i bought this. This tingled but was NOT painful at ALL!!! Miracle. I will be using 30 for normal root touch ups, 40 if I need to lift a stubborn area, and 20 for my toning. Dirt cheap too!!! Oh and the color was GORGEOUS!!!

on 7/24/2013 10:46:00 PM

This developer is so awesome. It doesnt burn my scalp and the smell is tolerable. Its so cheap and Ill always use this for my dyes.

on 2/1/2013 2:49:00 AM

I have the Ion sensitive 30 developer I mix this with Loreal Quick Blue Bleach to turn my jet black hair into a nice blond color!!
Be careful while bleaching your hair try not to get It on your scalp it burns....
Buying there products saves your money if you like bleaching your hair doing root touch ups at home instead of goin to the salon!! love this developer works great

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have very sensitive skin and this product is just wonderful. It does not irritate my skin and it does not have a horrible smell. I will use it for sure again.

on 7/13/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Let me start off by saying this is the first developer I've ever used. I really liked it. I used the vol. 30 with the ion powder lightener to bleach me hair and it didn't burn or hurt my scalp at all even though I left it on my head for 45 minutes.. It smells kind of nice, considering it's a developer. Also, it wasn't that expensive which is nice.

on 3/19/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love that this doesn't burn my head off.

I used the generic brand a few days ago (the big salon care one) where its like 3 bucks for a huge ass bottle. well it burned my head and my hair touched my cheek for literally a second and I have two little red marks that are BURNS ahhh.

However, a few weeks ago I used this sensitive one and no issues or burning at all :) Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin