December 22, 2014 | 1844 users online

Skincare - Face - Aveda - Skin Firming/Toning Agent

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is too much for my dry/senstivie skin - but is great for combo/oily types. It's been around for years - but I liked the milder rose toner better. Smells great - and comes as a spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by conceal4ever

I've been using this since 1996. LOVE this spray. I use it in the morning after I get out of the shower. It has a refreshing scent and gets rid of that tight itchy feeling on your face when you first get out of the shower. You put this on underneath your day cream to smooth out your skin and prepare it for the day. In my 20s this was a great 'wake me up' in the morning after a late night; and now that I'm in my 30s this is a great toning/hydrating spray to smooth out my face before I put my makeup on. Great product, I will likely use it as long as Aveda will make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by LolaButterflies05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this now for 2 years. I love it. My skin felt moist and normal after use. I have sort of dry skin. With this product my skin never feels dry even if I do not have on moisturizer. 1 bottle lasted me for 4 months. I used it twice a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by no_way_to_say

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a hydrating face spray, very much like a toner, but I don't use it for this purpose. I use it as a lotion mask (Chizu Saeki method) twice a day, morning and night. I wet a rectangular cotton pad and put a few drops of this toning agent in, and then put the cotton on my face and wait about 5 minutes.

I can't believe how much this has helped my skin. I've had oily skin for the longest time, and it is always clogged, frequently breaking out, and flaky at some spots. This product, in conjunction with the lotion mask method, have completely changed my skin. My skin is now well balanced, and I have much less blackheads and breakouts. My face is no longer a shiny grease pit by mid day and no more flakiness!

If you are deciding between the toning mist and this product, note that the toning mist has a higher witch hazel and alcohol content.The brand advertises this as being for dry/normal skin. Since I am quite sensitive to alcohol, even though I have oily skin, I went with the toning agent. It is not sticky or heavy at all so oily skin girls can use it too.

I love this product and will keep buying it. It smells very relaxing (natural soothing scent), and it is not too expensive since you get such a huge bottle with the refill size. Just try out the lotion mask method and you will love it even more!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sarabelle789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: I love it! I visited an aveda and told the saleswoman to show me to their moisturizers. She did, but she also pulled out this little guy-- I had never had a toner, since I don't really have noticeable pores, but when she told me it'd set makeup, I lost it. I love urban decay, and wanted to try their all-nighter setting spray... but I really, really, REALLY didn't want to pay 30 bucks for a flimsy white plastic bottle. It became a no-brainer-- 18 for a refillable glass container with some of the most refreshing mist-stuff ever?
So now, I wear it everyday. I spray twice-- one aimed for the forehead, the other aimed for my nose/chin area right before I moisturize, if I need it. I have mildly dry skin, and even though it's winter, it does a good job of hydrating.

Cons: Remember how I said it was refillable? The refill bottle, for $44, is a hefty size-- but compared to the size of the $18 bottle with the pump, it's not big enough. I put I would buy this product again, but this is just as of now-- the big size & big price of the refill will mean a big commitment, and that's not cool for a girl that switches her "holy grails" like batteries in a smoke detector.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by busyscmom

I love this toning mist and use it every day first thing in the morning after rinsing my face...has a very lovely rose fragrance. The mist is really fine...perfect for waking up !! It is lightly hydrating though not enough for me. I also like the green glass bottle...very pretty. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by bwill557

My skin is very sensitive to facial moisturizers so I tried this while attending an Aveda Institute. I have found that if I use this after I cleanse my face (I use Origins Dr.Weil's Plantindote Cleanser) I do not need to use moisturizer except for maybe once a week. The smell is amazing (that's why I bought it in the first place) and it really does what it is supposed to do (balance out the pH of the skin) so I would highly recommend this to anyone with sensitive,dry or normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 7:31:00 PM More reviews by peeblo

I am addicted to this stuff! It is so refreshing. I use it when I am makeup-less or after applying makeup to look less "done." I would not use this in place of a regular toner; it's different.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2003 1:08:00 PM More reviews by mkaygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice product to use especcially in the heat or winter cold months. It revives skin and smells awesome. I know that when I spray it on a little goes a lon way and that it has to dry for a few minutes. Its a healthy sprizer for the skin full of natural elements. My skin always thanks me when it feels dehydrated because this product does the trick fast!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2002 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ErinAmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This toner is the best I have ever tried! It comes in a spray bottle! Spray this on anytime, especially after cleansing for a fresh clean feel. It smells lightly of roses and is an instant pick me up.