April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Smooth Infusion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by MoonRvr

i LOVE this line. i have very thick, wavy, coarse hair (see pic in profile). most products do not affect the rotten condition of my hair. the Aveda smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner soften, take away frizz, and "smooth" my hair! i can leave it wavy or blow it dry. love this line.

it looks super shiny, too! i cannot imagine living without these products. will buy liters when i run out. i recommend it - NOT if you have very fine, straight hair perhaps. if you have drier, thick, curly/wavy hair, this line is meant for you.

it does not enhance waves nor does it take the waves away entirely - it does keep volume in my hair but it doesn't look poofy. i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by alicjakrol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this conditioner for almost a year now. And what a difference it makes. I have used lower end "natural" type conditioners in the past and thought they were good...until I tried Aveda smooth infusion. I leaves my hair clean, smelling nice, and soft. Not that smooth, but I wasn't looking for that. Along with the shampoo, I cannot believe I ever thought other shampoos/conditioners were good...even other high-end naturals like Biolage.

Currently, my hair is mostly natural (no dye, minimal heat styling). But last year, when I was growing out my highlighted and dyed hair, the shampoo /conditioner made it feel awesome. During the shampoo and conditioning in the shower, I was not a believer. But after I started combing my hair, I was impressed with how easily the comb went through my damaged hair. And after it air dried, I was hooked.

Also, this does not make my hair feel heavy, it feels light and bouncy.

I have just repurchased this in the liter size.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Load of crap. For the price you pay for this, the product is awful and is not smoothing at all. It also smells disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought this product after I went to the hairdressers and she (apparently) used this shampoo and was just so soft and looked super shiny like in the Pantene adverts. I was so amazed by the results that I bought the shampoo and the conditioner there and then. The ingredients are supposed to be natural and eco-friendly which I used as an excuse to myself to justify the extortionate price.

When I used this at home it didn't do anything. My hair looked dull as always and the conditioner seemed to weigh my hair down and even make it go greasier a lot faster than usual.

It's not worth it especially for that price. If you want smooth and shiny hair I would try out L'oreal's Elvive Nutri-Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner for only a fraction of the cost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo and conditioner line. Makes my hair so soft, manageable, and frizz-free. And it smells great. Too bad its so expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by CherZ

This, along with the Smooth Infusion Shampoo are kind of my "go to" products when other things don't work.

I have very thick, wavy frizz-prone hair that refuses to smooth down. The Smooth Infusion conditioner does a pretty good job of taming some of the frizz. The problem is, it also tends to remove the natural body from my hair as well as some of the wave. It also doesn't moisturize my hair as well as it should.

I'll continue to use it until I find something better but it's a pretty reliable condiitoner if you have hair like mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like how well this smooths my hair. After blowdrying my hair is actually not frizzy at all and it detangles so well!!! I love the consistency of it. Not too heavy and thick and not too light and watery. I have finally found the perfect shampoo and conditioner from Aveda!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Shahz33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have long hair which is thick, course and dry. This conditioner is perfect for hydrating my hair without leaving a slime layer on my hair that a lot of other conditioners leave. I have to use a little more of this product that other conditioners to get a good effect, but it is worth it. leaves my hair soft, moisturized and reduces my fly-aways. Makes straightening my hair a breeze as well. The scent is a bit strange and needs getting used to- reminds me of lemon and clove. I only use it once in a while when I feel like my hair is getting a bit dry- using it every time I wash would get a bit too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by tituch123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received the 3 sample combo and I am soooooooooo disappointed. I don't understand why Aveda gets so much hype, most of their products are overpriced and the only positive aspect is the heavenly smell. The only Aveda product I like is damage remedy treatment mask, but I rarely purchase it because I don't like to pay $26 for a small tube! (especially since there are many comparable products at fraction of this price).
Well, this combo dried my hair and made it straw-like, NOT smooth like it claims to be. I couldn't wait to wash it off my hair. Yes, I loved the smell, but I wouldn't want to use this stuff even if they paid me to use it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a free sample of Smooth Infusion Shampoo, COnditioner and Style-Prep Smoother. They work! My hais is fine, dry, color-treated and a bit wavy. These products (especially if you use all of them together (the shampoo being the least important) keep the cuticle down. Smells great (herbal) like all Aveda products. For free? Great. Would I buy it? Yes! I just bought the full size product for $26 - and I love it.