October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Smooth Infusion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have fine (but a lot of it) naturally wavy hair that is colored. I blow dry and flat iron daily so I thought this product would help smooth out my hair. Wrong. It made my hair feel like straw. I don't care for the smell of this conditioner either. I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was just meh. I have used the shampoo and the conditioner together and I can't say I was overly impressed with the results. My hair ended up pretty dry looking, like straw on the ends. But at the same time it looked really greasy and oily, the same day I had washed my hair. I do have fine hair so maybe it was just too heavy. I don't know. I was also told that this shampoo and conditioner have heat protection properties in them, like the smooth infusion serum does. But I never noticed any difference in protection or in my hair after using my flat iron... needless to say I will not be repurchasing.

I also dislike how you can't see into the containers to know how much product is actually left.. sort of an inconvenience. Waste of money unfortunately. =(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good conditioner and works as promised. I have always used it in conjunction with its accompanying shampoo, but I do not see why it should not work great on its own too. I have medium coarse long hair which usually does not behave well: it frizzes, tangles and looks greasy. I was sold after trying a sample of the Smooth Infusion shampoo and conditioner. They left my hair clean, smooth, shiny and bouncy, and reduced (even eliminated) frizz. The smell of the conditioner is typical herbal Aveda with a hint of citrusy sweet spices.
After the samples I immediately purchased the full sized bottles of the shampoo and conditioner, and used them for over a year. They are expensive ($20+ for a small sized bottle) but I found them splurge-worthy. They gave me good hair day after good hair day, and I garnered many compliments on my hair (something that does not happen often).
Eventually - after a year or so - they stopped working their magic. Both its shampoo and this conditioner contain silicones and they have the tendency to build up. Now, I have nothing against silicones, they are hair care magic if used right. All the smoothing and frizz reducing effect of this conditioner is due to silicones. I did not do it, but it would have been a wise idea to stop using this shampoo and conditioner once in a while and rotate with a clarifying shampoo.
I no longer use this particular conditioner anymore, but it still gets two thumbs up from me. It can be magic in a bottle, just try adding a clarifying shampoo once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by MoonRvr

i LOVE this line. i have very thick, wavy, coarse hair (see pic in profile). most products do not affect the rotten condition of my hair. the Aveda smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner soften, take away frizz, and "smooth" my hair! i can leave it wavy or blow it dry. love this line.

it looks super shiny, too! i cannot imagine living without these products. will buy liters when i run out. i recommend it - NOT if you have very fine, straight hair perhaps. if you have drier, thick, curly/wavy hair, this line is meant for you.

it does not enhance waves nor does it take the waves away entirely - it does keep volume in my hair but it doesn't look poofy. i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by alicjakrol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this conditioner for almost a year now. And what a difference it makes. I have used lower end "natural" type conditioners in the past and thought they were good...until I tried Aveda smooth infusion. I leaves my hair clean, smelling nice, and soft. Not that smooth, but I wasn't looking for that. Along with the shampoo, I cannot believe I ever thought other shampoos/conditioners were good...even other high-end naturals like Biolage.

Currently, my hair is mostly natural (no dye, minimal heat styling). But last year, when I was growing out my highlighted and dyed hair, the shampoo /conditioner made it feel awesome. During the shampoo and conditioning in the shower, I was not a believer. But after I started combing my hair, I was impressed with how easily the comb went through my damaged hair. And after it air dried, I was hooked.

Also, this does not make my hair feel heavy, it feels light and bouncy.

I have just repurchased this in the liter size.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Load of crap. For the price you pay for this, the product is awful and is not smoothing at all. It also smells disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought this product after I went to the hairdressers and she (apparently) used this shampoo and was just so soft and looked super shiny like in the Pantene adverts. I was so amazed by the results that I bought the shampoo and the conditioner there and then. The ingredients are supposed to be natural and eco-friendly which I used as an excuse to myself to justify the extortionate price.

When I used this at home it didn't do anything. My hair looked dull as always and the conditioner seemed to weigh my hair down and even make it go greasier a lot faster than usual.

It's not worth it especially for that price. If you want smooth and shiny hair I would try out L'oreal's Elvive Nutri-Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner for only a fraction of the cost.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo and conditioner line. Makes my hair so soft, manageable, and frizz-free. And it smells great. Too bad its so expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by CherZ

This, along with the Smooth Infusion Shampoo are kind of my "go to" products when other things don't work.

I have very thick, wavy frizz-prone hair that refuses to smooth down. The Smooth Infusion conditioner does a pretty good job of taming some of the frizz. The problem is, it also tends to remove the natural body from my hair as well as some of the wave. It also doesn't moisturize my hair as well as it should.

I'll continue to use it until I find something better but it's a pretty reliable condiitoner if you have hair like mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like how well this smooths my hair. After blowdrying my hair is actually not frizzy at all and it detangles so well!!! I love the consistency of it. Not too heavy and thick and not too light and watery. I have finally found the perfect shampoo and conditioner from Aveda!!