April 19, 2014 | 1839 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Smooth Infusion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by alexiezizka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this shampoo and conditioner duo once and was completely sold. Several days of showering in harsh, hard water had left my hair dull, dry, and frazzled at the ends. My roots were just as oily as usual though. After shampooing with Smooth Infusion, my normal shine and smooth hair was looking 10x better than my normal good hair day. The smell, very signature to Aveda, is an aromatherapy experience in its own. My hair was voluminous, moisturized, and shinier than usual. Not a single hair was frizzed and my ends were perfectly smooth. I would most certainly spend the extra money to have this shampoo and conditioner again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by MoonRvr

i LOVE this line. i have very thick, wavy, coarse hair (see pic in profile). most products do not affect the rotten condition of my hair. the Aveda smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner soften, take away frizz, and "smooth" my hair! i can leave it wavy or blow it dry. love this line.

it looks super shiny, too! i cannot imagine living without these products. will buy liters when i run out. i recommend it - NOT if you have very fine, straight hair perhaps. if you have drier, thick, curly/wavy hair, this line is meant for you.

it does not enhance waves nor does it take the waves away entirely - it does keep volume in my hair but it doesn't look poofy. i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by alicjakrol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this shampoo for almost a year now. And what a difference it makes. I have used lower end "natural" type shampoo's in the past and thought they were good...until I tried Aveda smooth infusion. I leaves my hair clean, smelling nice, and soft. Not that smooth, but I wasn't looking for that. Along with the conditioner, I cannot beleive I ever thought other shampoos/conditioners were good...even other high-end naturals like Biolage.

Currently, my hair is mostly natural (no dye, minimal heat styling). But last year, when I was growing out my highlighted and dyed hair, the shampoo /conditioner made it feel awesome. During the shampoo and conditioning in the shower, I was not a beleiver. But after I started combing my hair, I was impressed with how easily the comb went through my damaged hair. And after it air dried, I was hooked.

Also, this does not make my hair feel heavy, it feels light and bouncy.

I have just repurchased this in the liter size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by runswthscissors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one shampoo I keep coming back to. I am a hairstylist (not for Aveda) and can purchase high quality products for half price whenever I want - except things like Aveda that are only sold in their select retail establishments. I have paid full retail price for this shampoo twice now because it keeps my naturally curly hair from becoming frizzy, it helps my occasionally flaky scalp from becoming a problem, and it preserves my color-treated hair. It smells pleasant, and when I rinse my hair in the shower it already feels soft and detangled. I use the matching conditioner on occasion but I also use other conditioner brands, too. It is pricey but it lasts a long time and works so well it is worth it. I always like packaging that comes with pumps so if it had a pump I would rate the packaging 5 stars too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo. The scent is wonderful also.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sany0002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this product i just bought it a week back and it has made my hair so soft and tangle free. i have really long hair and i never used to comb it since the hair would fall. with a dab of this product, my hair is completely tangle free. i use this after i use the aveda ivanti shampoo which also smells amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am quite disappointed with all good comments for smooth infusion. It doesn't really work on me. My hair indeed get slightly smooth and softer but that doesn't last long. I tried using loreal nutri gloss which gives a more significant effect with much lower price.

Don't feel cleaned after using, and sometimes itchy after use.

Despite all these cons, i love its heavenly smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought this product after I went to the hairdressers and she (apparently) used this shampoo and was just so soft and looked super shiny like in the Pantene adverts. I was so amazed by the results that I bought the shampoo and the conditioner there and then. The ingredients are supposed to be natural and eco-friendly which I used as an excuse to myself to justify the extortionate price.

When I used this at home it didn't do anything. My hair looked dull as always and the conditioner seemed to weigh my hair down and even make it go greasier a lot faster than usual.

It's not worth it especially for that price. If you want smooth and shiny hair I would try out L'oreal's Elvive Nutri-Gloss Shampoo for a fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Jessicadainty

I use the smooth infusion shampoo & conditioner and love it! I think I have repurchased 3 times now. I have lots of thick wavy long hair that can be hard to manage and this stuff makes my hair amazing. The first time I used it the results were dramatic and still are! I always get comments on how shiny and healthy my hair looks ( especially since I flat iron it lot) and I owe it to this shampoo and conditioner. One thing I will say is sometimes I shampoo it twice, the second time it suds up so much in my hair and I find it worth my time. Also less is more to those saying it weighs your hair down make sure your not using big dollops you only need a small amount, even with a long mane like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Zedgirl

I've been using both the smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner for about a month now and my hair has never looked and felt better. When I first used them I wasn't all that impressed by the results but I stuck with them simply because they are so expensive and after a couple of weeks I found my hair started to look healthier...shiny, bouncy, full of body with less frizz. I use a curling iron daily so my hair was quite dry on the ends and these products have made a huge difference. I will continue to purchase even though they are very expensive because I feel they are an investment in keeping my hair healthy and looking great!