October 24, 2014 | 1572 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Smooth Infusion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Seemi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought the 1 litre bottle of the shampoo and used it for at least 6 months so far so good. The fragrance is luxurious and smells very botanical. Leaves my hair soft and silky overall very happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really did like the smell of this shampoo and the feel of it, the only reason that I rated it so low is because it left a lot of buildup on my hair, and it also weighed it down quite a bit. I think that's just because I have fine hair, I do have a lot of it though. So my theory with this is that it was just too heavy for my hair type. I did really enjoy the smell though, it sort of smelled like licorice a little. Won't be repurchasing though since it didn't work well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good shampoo and works as promised, especially in conjunction with its accompanying conditioner. I have medium coarse long hair which usually does not behave well: it frizzes, tangles and looks greasy. I was sold after trying a sample of this shampoo (and conditioner). It left my hair clean, smooth, shiny and bouncy, and reduced (even eliminated) frizz. The smell is typical herbal Aveda based on essential oils, nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain either. Also, the essential oils did not irritate my scalp as some do. After the samples I immediately purchased the full sizes and used them for over a year. They are expensive ($20+ for a small sized bottle) but I found them splurge-worthy. They gave me good hair day after good hair day, and I garnered many compliments on my hair (something that does not happen often).
Eventually - after a year or so - it stopped working its magic. This shampoo does contains silicones and has the tendency to build up. Now, I have nothing against silicones, they are hair care magic if used right. All the smoothing and frizz reducing effect of this shampoo is due to silicones. I did not do it, but it would have been a wise idea to stop using this shampoo and conditioner once in a while and rotate with a clarifying shampoo.
I no longer use this particular shampoo anymore, but it still gets two thumbs up from me. It can be magic in a bottle, just try adding a clarifying shampoo once in a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by alexiezizka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this shampoo and conditioner duo once and was completely sold. Several days of showering in harsh, hard water had left my hair dull, dry, and frazzled at the ends. My roots were just as oily as usual though. After shampooing with Smooth Infusion, my normal shine and smooth hair was looking 10x better than my normal good hair day. The smell, very signature to Aveda, is an aromatherapy experience in its own. My hair was voluminous, moisturized, and shinier than usual. Not a single hair was frizzed and my ends were perfectly smooth. I would most certainly spend the extra money to have this shampoo and conditioner again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by MoonRvr

i LOVE this line. i have very thick, wavy, coarse hair (see pic in profile). most products do not affect the rotten condition of my hair. the Aveda smooth infusion shampoo and conditioner soften, take away frizz, and "smooth" my hair! i can leave it wavy or blow it dry. love this line.

it looks super shiny, too! i cannot imagine living without these products. will buy liters when i run out. i recommend it - NOT if you have very fine, straight hair perhaps. if you have drier, thick, curly/wavy hair, this line is meant for you.

it does not enhance waves nor does it take the waves away entirely - it does keep volume in my hair but it doesn't look poofy. i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by alicjakrol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this shampoo for almost a year now. And what a difference it makes. I have used lower end "natural" type shampoo's in the past and thought they were good...until I tried Aveda smooth infusion. I leaves my hair clean, smelling nice, and soft. Not that smooth, but I wasn't looking for that. Along with the conditioner, I cannot beleive I ever thought other shampoos/conditioners were good...even other high-end naturals like Biolage.

Currently, my hair is mostly natural (no dye, minimal heat styling). But last year, when I was growing out my highlighted and dyed hair, the shampoo /conditioner made it feel awesome. During the shampoo and conditioning in the shower, I was not a beleiver. But after I started combing my hair, I was impressed with how easily the comb went through my damaged hair. And after it air dried, I was hooked.

Also, this does not make my hair feel heavy, it feels light and bouncy.

I have just repurchased this in the liter size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by runswthscissors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one shampoo I keep coming back to. I am a hairstylist (not for Aveda) and can purchase high quality products for half price whenever I want - except things like Aveda that are only sold in their select retail establishments. I have paid full retail price for this shampoo twice now because it keeps my naturally curly hair from becoming frizzy, it helps my occasionally flaky scalp from becoming a problem, and it preserves my color-treated hair. It smells pleasant, and when I rinse my hair in the shower it already feels soft and detangled. I use the matching conditioner on occasion but I also use other conditioner brands, too. It is pricey but it lasts a long time and works so well it is worth it. I always like packaging that comes with pumps so if it had a pump I would rate the packaging 5 stars too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo. The scent is wonderful also.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sany0002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this product i just bought it a week back and it has made my hair so soft and tangle free. i have really long hair and i never used to comb it since the hair would fall. with a dab of this product, my hair is completely tangle free. i use this after i use the aveda ivanti shampoo which also smells amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am quite disappointed with all good comments for smooth infusion. It doesn't really work on me. My hair indeed get slightly smooth and softer but that doesn't last long. I tried using loreal nutri gloss which gives a more significant effect with much lower price.

Don't feel cleaned after using, and sometimes itchy after use.

Despite all these cons, i love its heavenly smell.