August 29, 2014 | 1656 users online

Other - New Beauty Testtube Program

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by womanofmilwaukee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

(QVC) New Beauty TestTube....LOVE IT!
My second box Included the fabulous New Beauty magazine ( interesting read for beauty enthusiasts ), very generous Algenist sample ( great stuff ), full size Mally eyeliner in black ( very nice ), full size Laura Geller eye shadow in green ( awesome ), generous sample tube of Dr Smigle's whitening toothpaste ( great product ), Wenn Shampoo ( wow! :), Josie Maran's argon oil ( terrific ), generous sample of Dr Perricones neck cream ( very effective ) ... I'm certain I received an additional item or two... I love this purchase, I'm on auto delivery :)

1/16/12 Update:
The new TestTube is being shown on QVC today!
Mine is on auto-delivery, so should be arriving soon :)
These are so much fun and I LOVE that magazine.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by angelafaithcole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially purchased the Magazine at a book store & really liked what I read & saw (I was looking at Hair Color & Hair Styles for an updated look). I also liked that it showed before & afters using Botox & Juvederm. When I saw that you could order a TestTube, I thought "why not?"

When the TestTube was finally received it had 2 full size samples. One of Mally Eye Liner in Black which is a good, smooth eyeliner - although it does smudge & move. I live in a high heat & humidity local & the only thing that seems to really work is MakeUp Forever Aqua EyeLiner. The other full size sample was of a lip liner in a brick brown color - not for me. The rest of the samples were more like gift with purchase size or smaller (as in the free paper samples that you get from department store counters).

The Magazine was what I was most disappointed in. It contained some of the exact same sections, verbatim with pictures, that the previous magazine that I purchased had in it. The rest of the magazine felt like a full on advertisement for cosmetic surgeons of Florida.

I was very disappointed in the TestTube Price, espcially when shipping & handling is tacked on. I think that I am better of sticking with Sephora, purchasing items that I want & getting to pick my samples & use my VIB Points to get "free" stuff.

I went to my account to discontinue the TestTube which was a lot more complicated than it should have been. This company is out for your credit card charges...Within 2 weeks of receiving my 1st TestTube, they had already charged my credit card for the 2nd TestTube which was not intended to ship until mid-December (this is mid-October) & at first they refused to refund & cancel my already charged order until I stated that I would dispute it with my credit card company...then all was fixed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by tpiescott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

New info since this was posted from
NEW BEAUTY MAGAZINE's TEST TUBE PROGRAM: Under renewed management as of SEP 2007--Let's see what happens!
Part I:
No product and unexplained price hike--
I have been a member since 2006, at first the test tube was $25.00 w/s&h=$31.95--OK? So after the 3rd shipment the quarterly delivered parcel (which was GREAT, by the way) starts coming long after my card was charged (it says up to 4 wks, but you kind of get used to good service), then they just outright LIE when you call customer service(so- called customercare emails are answered with "It's on the way")-the toll free 1-800-phone number has been cut off, I was charged an EXTRA $8.95 with NO EXPLANATION and that was on 15AUG07 and have e-mailed customer svc and called. I have received NOTHING this quarter.

I searched the web and found a beauty blog where others have been shabbily treated by SANDOZ MEDIA. Please check out this blog (www.bitbythebeautybug.com) for at least 24 comments about this product--It was a great idea gone WRONG. I have cancelled my membership and they better not charge me again -I have contacted them and will be changing my credit card number to ensure this.
Part II:
After this scathing review, I found a contact number for the CEO of this company,on bit by the beautybug.com( I love blogs--they are TRULY helpful to us regular people)-anyhoo, Here's what happened, I called Mr Scott Yablon and told him of the distress of us customers and I called the NEWLY RESTORED customer service number and was told THE TRUTH and I emailed him and he replied immediately--this guy is trying to turn things around--He seems DECENT so, I think I'll wait and see what happens after this next shipment--I was told It has not shipped yet. If you are having problems try the 1866NEWBEAUTY number and this time you will get a renewed zest for customer service--Let's wait and see. OKAY, Ladies!?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Julievdveer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

BEWARE! BEWARE!

A lot of ladies on the boards are having problems with this program-including me. My first 2 TestTubes were shipped correctly and on time, like clockwork. My 3rd has been a very unpleasant experience. I was charged on March 19th and have yet to receive anything. I have called and emailed only to be told a dozen (literally) times that "it's going out next week!" I've requested a refund and gotten no response. I'm very angry and New Beauty is a fraud.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

New Beauty Magazine's testtube program is a 24.95 (now 29.95)-plus-shipping club that sends sample packs 4 times per year (Nordstrom now has a similar in-store program). The tubes are a pretty good deal and many of the samples are large-to-full-sized. The first one contained a NIA 24 trio worth $20, a GoSmile toothpaste-and-ampoule pack worth $15, a .5 oz Dr. Brandt Laser in a Bottle worth $40, Jane Iredale samples worth $15, a full-sized bottle of Obagi Professional-C Serum worth $75, a small Babor eye cream worth $15 and a $20 gift certificate to spalook.com. The second contained a very small sample of Lancome Secret de Vie, a full-sized ROC Protient night cream worth $20, a full-sized Purpose moisturizer worth $15, more Iredale samples, a CaliDerma $20 gift card, a small Babor Selection Ultimate Care cream, small jars of Bioelements Sleepwear and Skingenic Regenerating Moisturizer, and a full-sized SuperSmile whitening system worth $33. The third and most recent came with a full-sized Purpose cleanser worth $5.99, a full-sized Dermaquest C-Lipoic Lip Enhancer worth $48, a Calme Essentials Collagen Mask worth $8, a teeny sample of Blinc mascara, a .25 oz sample of Perricone ALA Eye Area Therapy, 2 gift cards, samples of YoungBlood mineral foundation, a micro sample duo of Vita Amazonia Renewal cream, a full-sized GoSmile PM toothpaste worth $16, and a .5 oz Dr. Brandt Pores No More (I believe later this was replaced with a .5 oz Brandt Microdermabrasion cream).
All in all I like the program a lot; it's a great way to try things out and discover new brands. However, there are a few drawbacks. The first tube had only high-end samples and was absolutely worth the cost, but the price has gone up and they've started putting in a few drugstore products. Additionally, some people on the board were upset because a lot of the "gift cards" were actually almost impossible to use, or required a purchase of at least $50 so they were really just discounts. Anyway, I'll definitely continue to use this program as long as they maintain the quality and value!

UPDATE: The card I was using expired, and after looking at the contents of the 4th tube online, I've decided that unfortunately the program's not worth it anymore. Through the program I discovered some new products that I really like but the decline in quality plus the numerous problems others have had is too much. Hopefully someone else will make a similar program, and get it right!