October 23, 2014 | 2070 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that when I apply this alone using a brush, that it tends to settle into fine lines and overall makes my skin look dry. I do not use lotion primers beforehand, just would apply the powder to cleansed and moisturized skin. I don't even have that many fine lines, this stuff just seemed to find them.
Not wanting to waste my money, I began mixing the power with a few drops of oil, Arran or rose hip seed, thus making a liquid foundation. This certainly works better for me, less settling.
Packaging sucks, as many have said. I don't care for the brush that comes with it, I prefer my Eco Tools kabuki.
As far as coverage, it's a medium coverage when applied alone. I do tend to get a bit more coverage when liquefying it.
This product did not irritate my skin, nor did it clog my pores or cause any other type of unwanted reaction.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Midnightauro

This is my go to foundation. I've found if I can keep the brush constantly moving I manage to get coverage that looks awesome on my (extremely light) face. It takes a bit of time to get used to the brush, and it goes everywhere if you're not exceptionally light handed, but it's awesome once it's on. I love it so. I do need a primer underneath to make it stay on all day. The only gripe I have is the brush does start to smell massively strange after a week of applying daily, but I wash it gently like my other brushes, and it doesn't seem to be worse for wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by MUAArtist101

This product is amazing! Makes my face look matte but not cakey, especially atop my acne and scars. Gives nice and even coverage. The only thing you need to make sure is that if you plan on going to a 12+ hour long thing to bring this puppy with you, as the powder only holds for about 8 hours :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I love the color options, the staying power, and the coverage of this mineral makeup. However, I do not love that it oxidizes like no one's business, has no lasting power, and messes with my skin. When first applied, the coverage is do natural looking and gives the skin a radiance. After a couple hours, say hello to orange, disco ball face. Your skin will look patchy and just not cute. I'm so sad, because the initial way it looks is so glorious. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaGirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation it is the only mineral makeup Ive tried besides maybeline, which I did not like. I have found that after I apply the foundation if I powder my face with a puff using my Coty Airspun powder that it looks much better. It gave less of a mineral look and more of a liquid with powder look, and the coverage was better too. I only makeup about once a month now I think it would be too drying too use every day unless you needed oil controll and did not have sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have never before owned a loose powder mineral foundation. I have always kind of been curious about them. I'd heard all the raving about bare minerals, but due to its hefty price and the fact I didn't even know if I would like it, I decided a cheaper alternative was required. This led me to try out the L'oreal True Match Mineral powder.

The first thing that I noticed was the brush. I am not a fan of it. It is quite harsh and I don't really think it provides a smooth finish. Therefore, I use my own own.

Second thing? The saying "less is more" has never been truer than with this product. If you apply even a little bit too much you just end up looking ashy. It clings to your skin and will not let go. It shows up your dry patches. It won't blend. It's insane. BUT if you apply just a tiny bit at a time you can build it up to perfection. I don't really wear this powder on its own. I like to wear a primer, a tinted moisturizer and then add a dusting over the top. This gives the powder something to hold onto, as well as setting my makeup as a whole and making it last all day.

I don't think I'd wear this on its own, but it works magic when worked into my makeup collection. It is more like the icing on the cake than the cake itself. It'm not convinced that I am totally converted to this type of makeup, though I do like the airbrushed effect it gives my skin.

For its price it is pretty good. There appears to be quite a lot of product: I have used it a number of times, and it still looks like there is loads left. I don't think I'll buy it again, though. I might try bare minerals next, or mac, cause I like to experiment. But I was certainly finish it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after hating the bare minerals! I needed something cheaper and that wouldn't leave me so shiny. I also had really bad acne. This doesn't break me out, provides good coverage, and I get compliments on my skin, not only because I've cleared my acne (finally), but because people are saying that the makeup sits very well on my skin! I'd never ever thought if hear something like that. I've been using this for months now, this is my 3rd (or 4th?) little jar. I will continue to buy it until I can't buy it no more!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had used this product for years as a teenager, it was very light but still had a lot of coverage. But I found that I could never find a shade light enough for my overly pale skin. (I'm Icelandic). I did use it for a long time, it was just always obvious that I had makeup on my face. The price was a little much, almost $22.00 here in Canada, which is quite a bit, considering it would never last me too long. And the brush for it was terrible, not effective at all. The only way this makeup stuck around on my face was if I put a primer on first, and even then it wouldn't keep my skin matte or keep the oil on my t-zone from shining through. Okay product for someone looking for medium coverage, and someone with darker, and less oily skin. But it just wasn't for me. Instead i've started using an Aveda Dual Foundation in the Cream color, and it is the perfect match to my ghostly white skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by tufsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, and I've been using it for years. It makes my skin look fresh and a lot healthier than it is. I have combination skin, and it hides both my flaky, red winter skin and my oily summer skin. I have used two different shades, but now I use D1*W1, Golden Ivory. Perfect for my pale nordic skin. Even though my skin is not at all golden, it matches my skin and looks natural. I have even started using it as a concealer under my eyes, applying it with a concealer brush. It just does everything for me. I don't wear a large amount, so I find that it lasts me ages even though I wear it every day. It doesn't break me out, my friend who recommended it to me said that she felt her skin improved when she had worn it compared to when she didn't wear any makeup.

I have deducted a lippie because the packaging is useless. The brush it comes with is really bad, so I use one from the Body Shop instead. I would have preferred a lid that was flat on the inside, so it could be used to help get the right amount of powder on the brush. Also, I have twice experienced that the lid opened by itself while in my bag, and that gets messy. Still, this is a favourite of mine.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

Awful awful AWFUL! Everything about this is bad. The packaging is horrible, so messy and gets everywhere. The powder is so dusty and gives the face such a cakey look! Would NOT reccomned for anyone!