April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Lip Gloss - Bourjois - Eau de gloss

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have no idea what this product is supposed to be or do, it is just really weird..it has a sickeningly sweet scent, its texture is gritty and it actually seems there are sugar crystals in the gloss. The color I have is almost transparent and it gives the lips a nice shine but considering there is SUGAR in the product I just can't take it seriously. The applicator is nice (a little brush, not just a sponge) but the sugar....I... just.... can't. I think it got discontinued, but seriously, what were they thinking?!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by flamehairedgoddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm one of the minority here that likes this product.

I love this gloss, feels lovely going on, the brush is really nice to use, I don't find it drying or grainy at all and it really isn't sticky.

I have the light brown and it's a perfect neutral gloss, perfect for any occasion.

Oh and the bottle is really good looking in my opinion.

Will I buy again, yes if I see it Bourjois always seem to discontinue my favourite products :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BOURJOIS ROSE EXCLUSIF 01
This is a lip gloss which is similar to a smashbox product which I have not tried yet.The gloss is transparent on application and works with the Ph of your lips.The colour however does transform in to a pink in the end.I usually wear brown/pinks which look beautiful on my skin tone.Recently I have been wearing pinks but I generally mix different tones together until I get to a shade that I like as I am generally not a very pink kind of person.At first the pink was quite pale but changed quite rapidly and lucky for me it stopped transforming.I think it is amazingly designed and it applies very smoothly.It also has a nice smell to it which lingers.It is quite a subtle smell and definitely not over powering.I have worn it for about 3 weeks alone and I think I may be coming to the end of the product.I also used it with another Bourjois lip gloss,it's the 3D Max in shade 63,which I applied over the top of the transparent gloss.The shade 63 does need re application as do most glosses,but the great thing is that when the 63 "wears off" you still have the transparent colour appearing through.I particularly enjoyed using the product in conjunction with another gloss.I would be delighted in recommending the product to any one who likes pinks.The transparent shade has a small brush type applicator and the 3D shade has a plastic applicator shaped to sculpt over the lips and cupids bow with absolutely no stickiness.Overall this is a product that I would repurchase again and again.If any of you decide to purchase this product I would suggest you buy it singularly,and observe what shade your lips transform to,then you may match it up to a colour which you may already have in your stash.If used in conjunction with other shades,it would work with lipsticks as well.
Post application my lips feel moist and I generally have dry lips which need constant attention.
Thank you for your time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

When I first tried this lipgloss, I really liked the sparkles and especially the formula of its water-base. It was not sticky at all. Considering the fact that I bought a color that didn't match me, I really enjoyed the formula yet it can dry quite a bit and you would have to reapply more often than usual. Nonetheless, it's a different change from lipglosses that were sticky! Stickiness was at a minimal for me because it was so smooth and watery.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:45:00 AM More reviews by hannahdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This liploss comes in great colours, smells nice and gives a nice glossy/sparkly effect to the lips. And is definatley not sticky at all.
However i would find myself having to re-apply it every 20 minuites as it would dry out or wear out. This resulted in it finishing quite quickly. For me the feeling of glitter on my lis isn't a problem, but for some it can get quite irritating.

I wouldnt by it again as i dont feel i got the full value for my money but it was a nice product while it lasted.

For better value for money and something similar I'd reccomend:
-Barry M glossy tubes (very shiny! Longer lasting, not sticky)
-Gosh Light'n shine lip glaze (Smells delicouse, long lasting, shiny, plus a light and mirror on the actual gloss! long lasting)
-Bourjous 3D effect lip glosses (come in all sorts of colours, the colours really come out on your lips)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh how strange I think I'm the only one here who loves this gloss! It really does work for me though. I have it in a really bright, loud red colour and I don't like red lips, so since supposedly it's supposed to be watery and sheer that is just perfect for me. I just get a red tint, like a just bitten look which is just so flattering! I also found it very moisturizing and I have the driest lips in the world, I've used every lip balm available and none of them are good enough for me and I still have dry lips! But this lip gloss is very moisturizing and doesn't give me dry lips, it feels very moist and hydrating too. Only con is there are very few colours, but since it is so watery I suppose that's not a problem, if I wanted a strong coloured lip gloss I would just get a different kind.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

WHAT I DISLIKED ABOUT IT: 1. No staying power (hell no does it last 4 hours as stated on the product). This lasted about a half an hour! 2. Too sheer for my liking. They're right when they say "couleur en transparence" it was like I splashed my lips w/ water zero color payoff. 3. Smells horrible. 4. The applicator brush is tiny!!!! I'm assuming Bourjois made this gloss with four year old lips in mind. 5. The packaging is odd, it resembles a cross between a test tube & a hypodermic needle.
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT IT: 1. Non-sticky 2. Minty & Refreshing 3. I didn't get the "grainy" effect like some reviewers.
COLOR REVIEWED: Moka Frappe (sheer mauve pearl pink).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up in Rose Vitamine which is a really pretty peachy pink shade. It was on clearance for like $3 so I thought I'd give it a try. It's supposed to be a really hydrating gloss. Since I have really dry lips, I thought this would be a winner for sure! Well, I was wrong! After I wore this, my lips completely flaked and peeled!! Also, I didn't feel any cooling/minty sensation on application as some of the other reviews suggest. The texture of this is thin and gritty and not hydrating or watery as it's supposed to be!! Other than the color and the brush applicator, this gloss doesn't have anything going for it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really did not like this, it does not last on my lips at all and turned gritty and did not notice any moisturising. Effet 3D is a much better lipgloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by happy011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved it for the formulation, moisturizing, non sticky and kind of minty when you apply it.
But after several months, i discovered sugar in this l/g!!! For 20+ buck i'd rather save it