April 23, 2014 | 1118 users online

Self Tanners - XEN-TAN

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Reemyn

Mousse Intense

Ok so years ago I gave up tanning beds because it ruined my skin and I try to stay away from the sun, but now I decided that I desperately need some sort of glow. Back when I was a teen I experimented with those from L'oreal and Garnier and oh my they were disgusting. So years ago I decided to buy only high end ones, like St Tropez&Estée Lauder and yes it did looked good in the summer when I had some sort of color, but in the winter it looked fake and yellow. Oh and it dried super slow and afterdrying it still stained (and ruined!) my clothes and sheets.
So now I went to the store to purchase the Xen-Tan trial set, of course they did not carry it but the SA convinced me to get the Mousse Intense. I have no idea why I listened to her but damnnnn I'm so freakin glad I did!
So I applied this stuff. First: oh this sh.t is green, I'm sure it'll make me look green, not exactly Shrek-green but ya know. Greenish. Yeaa but after leaving it on overnight, the next day I showered and the most amazing swimsuit model olive tan revealed. It looked completely natural and perfect! Like blue lagoon perfect! My eyes were lookingbrighter and my skin looked healthier. No yellow-orange fake shit only nice wow did you spent your whole weekend atthe beach glow..

I know there are some nasty chemical shit in self tans but Idon'tcqre you only live once and I'd like to look as good as possible and with this tan it is possible.

+natural, olive undertones
+dries fast
+only minimally stains clothing
+lasts
+looks even

So cons: dries too fast, you have to be quick. For me since I'm a beginner it us not really practical but later I'll see zI'll enjoy the benefits.
Crazyyy expensive (38euro eow!).

Smell: vanilla cookie after a few hours slight signature self tan smell if you know what I mean,but reallyyy slight nothing unbearable. And I'm sensitiv! St Tropez smelled like rotten burnt meat pfew.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ac06493

Xen Tan FACE TANNER luxe in Dark:
I recently bought the Dark Face Tanner Luxe and I am IN LOVE!!!!!! I mean literally OBSESSED!!!!!
I have fair- medium yellow warm toned skin normally around NC25 and have used face tanners to even out my complexion for years now. But I have NEVER totally been as in love with a face tanner before as I have with this one. If you love a nice golden, olive tan you will LOVE this!!!!
It smells like vanilla, leaves my combination skin so soft and moisturized without adding oil and develops into the perfect color in about 3 hours.
I don't think I'll ever use another face tanner and am definitely going to purchase the entire line. It is 100% worth the price if you love an olive tan.

Xen Tan Dark Lotion:

Since I loved the face tanner so much I decided to try the Dark Lotion and was really disappointed. It gave me little to no color at all. I'm going to return this because it's not worth the $40. I get more tan with jergens than this. So disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTaylor1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's a lot of things I like about this self tanner. The color it produces is pretty nice (I used the "dark" version). It smells kind of like vanilla pudding, which I also like. However, the main things I wasn't a fan of were the dark guide and messy application. When I was putting it on, it felt like it was getting all over the place. And it was a little "thick" in consistency for my taste. So I guess overall I'd put this one above average, but not outstanding due to the messiness of it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very, very pale skin and heard excellent reviews for this fake tan. I am really angry that I wasted £25 on something that did absolutely NOTHING to my skin! No tan!

I applied the lotion with a tanning mitt, the smell was fine compared to other tans I've used and the colour guide was dark, easy enough to use. I left it on overnight, showered in the morning expecting a nice, brown tan but nope! My skin was as white as it was before I'd used it. If I'm spending alot of money on a product, I sure as heck want it to do what it promises.

Overall, a complete waste of cash and highly overrated. I would recommend getting a sample as it does seem to work brilliantly with other people. I'll stick with my beloved Fake Bake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you are pale, hate the smell of most self-tanner, struggle with streaks, and want just enough color to look better in skirts and dresses, the Xen-Tan Transform Luxe gradual self tanner for light skin could be the solution. I am very fair and my legs get no sun, but I like to wear high-heeled sandals and the fun summer colored shoes look best with a little skin color. This product smells like vanilla cookie or cake batter, spreads easily, and builds to a nice light brown. No orange on me. I exfoliate first, then apply, wait ten minutes, put on my PJs, and go to bed. The next morning, my legs look great! I use it about every other night and the results are consistently great! Haven't noticed any transfer to clothing so far. My favorite gradual self-tanner!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Pilatesbilt

Absolutely LOVE this product!!! I have been faithfully self-tanning for 15+ years and basically tried every brand out there. This is hands-down the best self-tanner!! I can put it on in the morning, wear it all day and sometimes even forget I have it on. The color is gorgeous & it makes my skin feel amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by katiegrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used self tans since about 2000 first being a St Tropez worshipper then I changed to this xen tan dark lotion after seeing how great it looked on my sister. When this tan was sold in the older style bottle( before it came in a cardbord box with the bottle inside and before they changed the design of the bottle) I adored this tan. It was FOOLPROOF you could literally slap it on any old way and guarenteed you would have a flawless golden tan the next day. Fastforward to the new style bottle and I am not a happy bunny. Although denied by the comapny the product definitely changed the same time the bottle design and packaging did. I first noticed the smell had changed from a lovely rich cherry/marzipan to a stranged chemical smell with another odd fragrance trying to disguise it. The consistency is also different. The first two bottls were horrendously runny which I noticed a lot of people writing up bad reviews about. Then it suddenly changed in the next new bottle to a much much thicker, dryer consistency. Now I don't have dry skin but this manages to dry my skin out!. The worst part about this new forumla is I am always streaky somewhere whether it be my hands, shoulders or feet and its bad. I am a pro at this and it still happens. The tan does not last as well or fade as well as the older forumla , b day five i look like i have freckle on my hands but its just the way the tan fades this NEVER used to happen. I ALSO HAVE NOTICED STRANGELY I CANNOT SLEEP WHEN USING THIS NEW TAN iI HAVE PANICK ATTACKS! Very strange, I do wonder what odd ingredient may have been added to this new formula as I could sleep no problem before. Would I go back to St Topez?. I am definitly considering it because something has changed with this tan and its not a good change!.

I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS ANYMORE NOW AFTER THE BOTTLE CHANGED AND IT CAME IN THE CARDBOARD BOX I HAVE HAD ENDLESS PROBLEMS WITH THIS TAN. I AM ORANGE AND STREAKY AND TH SMELL WHEN YOU GO TO BED IN THE GUIDE IS SO STRONG IT MAKES ME LIGHT HEADED I AM CHANGING TO THE ORGANIC SELF TAN I AM VERY WARY OF XEN TAN NOW

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I heard a lot of UK bloggers rave about this product, having tried the St Tropez and loving it, I wanted to give other products (that were highly rated) a shot. I ordered this off feelunique, it was pretty expensive but I was expecting it to be fairly good so I didn't mind.

This is a lotion instead of the mousse which I am used to, however since I have dry skin I thought that might work better. I apply it using the mitt (from st tropez, which I must say works much better for mousse then it does for lotion, you lose a lot of product) and it went on a bit patchy and couldn't be built up at all, you'd lose parts if you tried to go over it again. It dried quickly in some parts but not in others (and I do moisturize beforehand).

The first time I did it, I left it on overnight, and after washing it off it looked okay (not as dark as the st tropez mousse that I am used to however). If I let it set only a few hours (recommended on bottle is 4 hours I believe) after washing it off it was like I hadn't put anything on, so disappointed.

I say stick to the st tropez, it's much more accessible to use in North America and is a better product imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I'm reviewing the Xen -Tan Dark Lotion. Ok so I have pale skin, my skintone is NC25, with yellowy-olive undertones. With tan, either real or false, I then go up to NC40-45. I have never used a sunbed. So, after 2 years of reading glowing reviews of the Dark Lotion, I decided to purchase it. Now, I'm more accustomed to mousse formulations, so I didn't know how well I'd fare with this tan. I went through my pre-tan prep, shaving, exfoliating and then applying cocoa butter. The lotion is a dark brown, and smells exactly like cherry bakewells! I love that you can see exactly where you've applied it, and I applied the lotion with a tanning mitt. I left it on overnight, then woke up the next day and showered to remove the guide colour. I was left with a beautiful, DEEP dark tan, which looked very natural! The lotion has olive undertones, which is why it looks so real, you can apply layer after layer and never go orange. The best aspect of the lotion is that it fades so elegantly, not that horrible scaly, patchy mess that other tans go like that resembles a skin disease! It's more or less fool-proof to apply, has a gorgeous deep colour and smells great, will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by billyrayvalentine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a review of Xen Tan Deep Bronze Luxe Lotion

This is an awesome product, goes on smoothly on the skin, it moisturizes at the same time, it is not patchy or streaky and both the colour guard and the tan it leaves are of a nice golden brown colour tat fades in about week without going patchy. It smells good, like milk chocolate.
I would recommend to anyone and everyone. It is definitely worth the price.