July 22, 2014 | 2353 users online

Self Tanners - Xen-Tan - All Products

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ac06493

Xen Tan FACE TANNER luxe in Dark:
I recently bought the Dark Face Tanner Luxe and I am IN LOVE!!!!!! I mean literally OBSESSED!!!!!
I have fair- medium yellow warm toned skin normally around NC25 and have used face tanners to even out my complexion for years now. But I have NEVER totally been as in love with a face tanner before as I have with this one. If you love a nice golden, olive tan you will LOVE this!!!!
It smells like vanilla, leaves my combination skin so soft and moisturized without adding oil and develops into the perfect color in about 3 hours.
I don't think I'll ever use another face tanner and am definitely going to purchase the entire line. It is 100% worth the price if you love an olive tan.

Xen Tan Dark Lotion:

Since I loved the face tanner so much I decided to try the Dark Lotion and was really disappointed. It gave me little to no color at all. I'm going to return this because it's not worth the $40. I get more tan with jergens than this. So disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTaylor1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's a lot of things I like about this self tanner. The color it produces is pretty nice (I used the "dark" version). It smells kind of like vanilla pudding, which I also like. However, the main things I wasn't a fan of were the dark guide and messy application. When I was putting it on, it felt like it was getting all over the place. And it was a little "thick" in consistency for my taste. So I guess overall I'd put this one above average, but not outstanding due to the messiness of it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very, very pale skin and heard excellent reviews for this fake tan. I am really angry that I wasted £25 on something that did absolutely NOTHING to my skin! No tan!

I applied the lotion with a tanning mitt, the smell was fine compared to other tans I've used and the colour guide was dark, easy enough to use. I left it on overnight, showered in the morning expecting a nice, brown tan but nope! My skin was as white as it was before I'd used it. If I'm spending alot of money on a product, I sure as heck want it to do what it promises.

Overall, a complete waste of cash and highly overrated. I would recommend getting a sample as it does seem to work brilliantly with other people. I'll stick with my beloved Fake Bake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you are pale, hate the smell of most self-tanner, struggle with streaks, and want just enough color to look better in skirts and dresses, the Xen-Tan Transform Luxe gradual self tanner for light skin could be the solution. I am very fair and my legs get no sun, but I like to wear high-heeled sandals and the fun summer colored shoes look best with a little skin color. This product smells like vanilla cookie or cake batter, spreads easily, and builds to a nice light brown. No orange on me. I exfoliate first, then apply, wait ten minutes, put on my PJs, and go to bed. The next morning, my legs look great! I use it about every other night and the results are consistently great! Haven't noticed any transfer to clothing so far. My favorite gradual self-tanner!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Pilatesbilt

Absolutely LOVE this product!!! I have been faithfully self-tanning for 15+ years and basically tried every brand out there. This is hands-down the best self-tanner!! I can put it on in the morning, wear it all day and sometimes even forget I have it on. The color is gorgeous & it makes my skin feel amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by katiegrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used self tans since about 2000 first being a St Tropez worshipper then I changed to this xen tan dark lotion after seeing how great it looked on my sister. When this tan was sold in the older style bottle( before it came in a cardbord box with the bottle inside and before they changed the design of the bottle) I adored this tan. It was FOOLPROOF you could literally slap it on any old way and guarenteed you would have a flawless golden tan the next day. Fastforward to the new style bottle and I am not a happy bunny. Although denied by the comapny the product definitely changed the same time the bottle design and packaging did. I first noticed the smell had changed from a lovely rich cherry/marzipan to a stranged chemical smell with another odd fragrance trying to disguise it. The consistency is also different. The first two bottls were horrendously runny which I noticed a lot of people writing up bad reviews about. Then it suddenly changed in the next new bottle to a much much thicker, dryer consistency. Now I don't have dry skin but this manages to dry my skin out!. The worst part about this new forumla is I am always streaky somewhere whether it be my hands, shoulders or feet and its bad. I am a pro at this and it still happens. The tan does not last as well or fade as well as the older forumla , b day five i look like i have freckle on my hands but its just the way the tan fades this NEVER used to happen. I ALSO HAVE NOTICED STRANGELY I CANNOT SLEEP WHEN USING THIS NEW TAN iI HAVE PANICK ATTACKS! Very strange, I do wonder what odd ingredient may have been added to this new formula as I could sleep no problem before. Would I go back to St Topez?. I am definitly considering it because something has changed with this tan and its not a good change!.

I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS ANYMORE NOW AFTER THE BOTTLE CHANGED AND IT CAME IN THE CARDBOARD BOX I HAVE HAD ENDLESS PROBLEMS WITH THIS TAN. I AM ORANGE AND STREAKY AND TH SMELL WHEN YOU GO TO BED IN THE GUIDE IS SO STRONG IT MAKES ME LIGHT HEADED I AM CHANGING TO THE ORGANIC SELF TAN I AM VERY WARY OF XEN TAN NOW

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I heard a lot of UK bloggers rave about this product, having tried the St Tropez and loving it, I wanted to give other products (that were highly rated) a shot. I ordered this off feelunique, it was pretty expensive but I was expecting it to be fairly good so I didn't mind.

This is a lotion instead of the mousse which I am used to, however since I have dry skin I thought that might work better. I apply it using the mitt (from st tropez, which I must say works much better for mousse then it does for lotion, you lose a lot of product) and it went on a bit patchy and couldn't be built up at all, you'd lose parts if you tried to go over it again. It dried quickly in some parts but not in others (and I do moisturize beforehand).

The first time I did it, I left it on overnight, and after washing it off it looked okay (not as dark as the st tropez mousse that I am used to however). If I let it set only a few hours (recommended on bottle is 4 hours I believe) after washing it off it was like I hadn't put anything on, so disappointed.

I say stick to the st tropez, it's much more accessible to use in North America and is a better product imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I am quite a novice when it comes to self tan. I have always used a sun bed when wanting a bit of colour (bad I know!). But after realising that I shouldn't be using them I decided it was time to venture in to self tan. I purchased Xen Tan perfect blend. I had a St Tropez spray tab done last year bit it looked far too dark and orange on me so after reading about xen tan I decided this was the brand for me. It is designed to enhance olive complexions which is my skin type. I applied it mixed in with moisturiser with a tanning mitt and woke the next morning to find an even tan which did not appear orange on my skin and worked well with my make up. I ordered the facial tanner so im waiting to receive that so I will post a review once I have used!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by llidd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

this is the review for the gradual face tanner in light/medium.
i love it because it was oil free and doesnt make my skin break out!
when i used it, loving the mix of the vanilla and citrus smell! but yucks as time goes by the smell of the self tanner (you know that sweat smell) tend to develop! other than that i love it. im asian and my skin is fair medium, using this self tanner, it help to even out my skin tone and the redness that was caused by my acne! use it everday in the morning as a subtitution for my mosturizer, i hope it come with a spf thought. but becareful for those who use it 4 to 5 days in a row , it tend to make you orange, but not for me because i have a slight olive skin tone though. but for those who have acne skin and on their cream medication (most of the acne night cream will make your skin peel) becareful because you will peel out easily which make your face look like a zombie wearing a tan mask! the hole is to large which mean you have to carefully squeze the tube or else it will lead to an excessive liquid coming out from the tube (what a waste!)
will definitely buy the gradual tanner for the body!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by xloveleighx

Review of xen-tan dark lotion:
My new favourite fake tan! I honestly don't see the point in me trying another fake tan because this is the near perfect fake tan for me!

Smell: When you first apply it, it smells amazing, like marzipan. After you've applied it the smell of marzipan is still there but only slightly, not overwhelming at all. After the tan has developed there is a slight fake tan smell, and i mean VERY slight, its hardly noticeable.

Application: I prefer to apply it with a mitt, but i know some people prefer to use their hands. If you use your hands make sure to wash your hands very well after because it will stain them! The product comes out a dark lotion, kind of like green tinged chocolate sauce,haha. It goes on very smoothly, and you have a guide colour so you can see if there are any streaks.

Colour: This is why i gave 4/5 instead of 5/5. I was expecting the colour to be darker than it is. The first time i used it i put one layer on, and it wasn't dark enough for me. The colour was noticeable but now i use 2 layers instead of one. However, this is good if you want a subtle tan instead of full on looking like you've been on holiday. And i guess it is good that it is buildable, like it says on the bottle. The actual colour is really nice, not orange at all.

Price: I got this for 17.99 on lookfantastic.com, which i thought was quite pricey for a fake tan, but after trying it, it is def worth the price. And you get more product than with other brands like st tropez.

Overall a great fake tan :) x