February 28, 2015 | 1702 users online

Self Tanners - Xen-Tan - All Products

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2015 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kate000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought xen-tan transform luxe daily self-tan in light-medium because I'd heard it was a cult product and after a little research was seduced by the promise of a more natural olive-toned tan. The around-20 price tag didn't put me off too much personally because I am always D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E for the perfect sun-kissed skin.
I don't know about anyone else, but the main concerns that I had would be that it would either not really do anything (because it's marketed towards fairer skinned people who struggle to get a natural tan) or be super streaky/and or orangey (some of the example celebs who used look a little tangoed).

Fortunately the result from this self-tan has been very pleasing - it seems A LOT more effective than drugstore brands at depositing a colour on to the skin, so in my opinion light-medium is probably NOT suitable for very fair skin unless you're looking for a dramatic change. it's a tiny-tiny bit patchy but that's expected with self-tan. the colour is nicely natural and non-orange :) It smells like a spray-tan and produces a similar colour result after only a couple uses.

Overall very satisfied with this product and would recommend to someone with medium to fair skin who is looking for a natural summer tan in feb. I'm removing one lippy because I feel it doesn't live up to it's promise to deliver a natural looking tan for very fair skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2015 5:54:00 AM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Xen Tan Absolute Luxe (their darkest tan) for years. I can therefore give a comparison between the old version (which was amazing) and the new formula (which is the biggest disappointment ever). I always apply at night and let the colour develop. I am naturally already dark/olive - so this is the only tanner I've used that actually makes a noticeable dark difference and makes me look like I've been on holiday.

OLD formula:
- Amazing DARK colour
- Lasted 6 days at least without fading
- Didn't stain clothing or sheets
- However: light colour guide, very thick consistency which was hard to rub (applying was a bit tiresome)

NEW formula:
- Amazing dark colour ONLY the first day
- Lasts one day then fades. Actually not joking. It's so pointless.
- Will not develop a colour if you're wearing any kind of moisturiser underneath, even applied hours before.
- Slightly stains clothing and sheets but not dramatically
- Very light consistency, easy to apply like lotion, light colour guide.

XEN-TAN, PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA. I KNOW I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

I emailed XT about this twice and they never replied, which was so rude seeing as I've been using their products for ages. My bottle finished this week, so I am currently looking at other tans which actually last long (I can't sit in my house applying fake tan every night, I want to do it once a week at most).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2015 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kbear71

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first tried this product, it was magical. I love everything about it, including the scent. I have tried just about every sunless product under the sun and have been using them for over 16 years.

I was willing to overlook the price, because the color was amazing on me and photographed extremely well; however, something happened. After my first tube was gone, I purchased a second. No color developed on me at all. I exchanged it thinking that the product expired, but again, no color developed. This was the medium sparkle, so I returned that and purchased the deep dark, Barely any color developed, which is extremely odd. I contacted the company and asked it they changed the product at all, and they indicate no.

I thought that maybe my hormones were a bit off, so I tried again a few weeks later. Still nothing. This never happened to me before.

Sorry, but I have to give the product a one because no color developed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Weerosie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love xen tan products. First tanning product I've used that doesn't reek. It has a sort of cherry scent and has a colour guide for application. Goes on nicely. Leaves skin smooth and develops into a natural looking tan.excellent value for money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by beatifulinside30

I have very pale skin as in white white. After reading a good bit of reviews considering I haven't yet tried any of these xen tan products that's why my rating is low, but I wanted to throw in some ideas for those that are pale skinned like me that I want to try out myself. Firstly I wouldn't use the dark tanner "yet" try using the Xen Tan Transform Luxe since its a gradual tanner like every other day for one week. Now don't use the mitt because its velvet material the lotion will soak up more on the mitt then on your skin you dont want that. Buy gloves instead. Make sure you start with your feet and work your way up take your time rubbing it in and make sure you got a good bit of lotion applied. Do your feet and legs first before applying all over you want to do that just for testing only. Make sure you apply a good bit, id say the more the better. After you put on your application give it a 24 hour time frame for the chemicals to soak in your skin I've read a person stating the longer you leave it on the better the outcome will be. To me that makes a lot of sense. After 24 hours you can minimize to 12 shower off to see results, once you see a result pending on your color light or medium. Repeat. Once similar color has improved move on to applying Xen Tan Bronze or dark on top of your improved tan I'd try the bronze instead but that's me. If your satisfied with your results then apply all over body the same way it was instructed. Everyone body reacts differently when it comes to chemical products it will work on others sometimes it doesn't work at all. It should say on product "results on individuals may vary". I will mention, again I have not yet tried this product! But when I do I will try it as I instructed above. I wouldn't put on my face there's a xen tan product for faces due to acne prone skinned. Ive tried fake bake and honestly it was horrible the guide clogged my pores on my face and legs looked like I had brown tiny dots all over my legs and face not to mention it looked dirty and ORANGE never again will I buy fake bake. Its not made for pale skinned ladies. Since I have not tried Xen Tan I'm concerned that the guide will clog pores on my legs and face the same way Fake Bake did. Can anyone tell me if they had experienced any of this from Xen Tan products? I tried searching for an answer and yet have I seen anyone mention about the guide clogging pores. I would love for someone to inform me of my concern I don't want to buy a product that's going to do the same as Fake Bake. Thank you

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ac06493

Xen Tan FACE TANNER luxe in Dark:
I recently bought the Dark Face Tanner Luxe and I am IN LOVE!!!!!! I mean literally OBSESSED!!!!!
I have fair- medium yellow warm toned skin normally around NC25 and have used face tanners to even out my complexion for years now. But I have NEVER totally been as in love with a face tanner before as I have with this one. If you love a nice golden, olive tan you will LOVE this!!!!
It smells like vanilla, leaves my combination skin so soft and moisturized without adding oil and develops into the perfect color in about 3 hours.
I don't think I'll ever use another face tanner and am definitely going to purchase the entire line. It is 100% worth the price if you love an olive tan.

Xen Tan Dark Lotion:

Since I loved the face tanner so much I decided to try the Dark Lotion and was really disappointed. It gave me little to no color at all. I'm going to return this because it's not worth the $40. I get more tan with jergens than this. So disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTaylor1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's a lot of things I like about this self tanner. The color it produces is pretty nice (I used the "dark" version). It smells kind of like vanilla pudding, which I also like. However, the main things I wasn't a fan of were the dark guide and messy application. When I was putting it on, it felt like it was getting all over the place. And it was a little "thick" in consistency for my taste. So I guess overall I'd put this one above average, but not outstanding due to the messiness of it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very, very pale skin and heard excellent reviews for this fake tan. I am really angry that I wasted £25 on something that did absolutely NOTHING to my skin! No tan!

I applied the lotion with a tanning mitt, the smell was fine compared to other tans I've used and the colour guide was dark, easy enough to use. I left it on overnight, showered in the morning expecting a nice, brown tan but nope! My skin was as white as it was before I'd used it. If I'm spending alot of money on a product, I sure as heck want it to do what it promises.

Overall, a complete waste of cash and highly overrated. I would recommend getting a sample as it does seem to work brilliantly with other people. I'll stick with my beloved Fake Bake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you are pale, hate the smell of most self-tanner, struggle with streaks, and want just enough color to look better in skirts and dresses, the Xen-Tan Transform Luxe gradual self tanner for light skin could be the solution. I am very fair and my legs get no sun, but I like to wear high-heeled sandals and the fun summer colored shoes look best with a little skin color. This product smells like vanilla cookie or cake batter, spreads easily, and builds to a nice light brown. No orange on me. I exfoliate first, then apply, wait ten minutes, put on my PJs, and go to bed. The next morning, my legs look great! I use it about every other night and the results are consistently great! Haven't noticed any transfer to clothing so far. My favorite gradual self-tanner!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Pilatesbilt

Absolutely LOVE this product!!! I have been faithfully self-tanning for 15+ years and basically tried every brand out there. This is hands-down the best self-tanner!! I can put it on in the morning, wear it all day and sometimes even forget I have it on. The color is gorgeous & it makes my skin feel amazing!