December 22, 2014 | 1818 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - HiP Concentrated Duo - Shady

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

EDIT: when I said i hit pan almost too quickly on this eyeshadow, that was because you have to scrape it out of the pan and pack it on a ton for the colours to show up. if you have the brushes for that kind of thing that's great, but in the long run it's just not worth it. I got bored with this duo shortly after I hit pan and i tossed it. I almost hated to use it at one point. however, the colours are nice if you can get them to show up.

I found this on clearance at my local drugstore, and am naturally very attracted to neutral shades, so I picked this up on a whim. I really enjoy this! The shadows stay on all day and are very lovely. I use the lighter shade all over my lid daily, and the darker shade to fill in my brows daily and darken up my crease only sometimes (on days when I want to sport a darker look). I'm very happy with the way I'm currently using these shadows, and theyre very travel friendly as well!
The shades show up pretty true as to what's in the pan, except the lighter shade actually shows up only a liiiiittle bit darker than what it looks like in the pan. I like that a lot, though, so it doesn't bother me.
However, I want to buy full sized pan shadows, such as makeup geek or MAC eyeshadows, because I have hit pan almost too quickly in this little duo, so I will not be repurchasing. But if I couldn't get any makeup geek or MAC eyeshadows for some reason, I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this in the clearance section of my local mom & pop drugstore for only $3.75. Unlike a lot of the HIP Duo colors, these shades are very neutral. You get a lighter taupe shade and a darker brown. Both colors are fairly matte, which is usually less common in drugstore cosmestics for some reason. The texture is really smooth and the color payoff is fantastic. These are definately as good as high end shadows IMHO.

To use, I apply the shadow a little differently than most women. To really open up the eye, I apply the lighter taupe shade on the lid all the way up to the brow bone. Then I shade the crease with the darker brown color. I know the tendency would be to apply the darker brown color on the lid and shade the crease with the lighter taupe, but I feel that can close off the eye making it appear smaller. I feel this technique adds more depth of field and creates a larger looking eye.

I'm really glad I found this eyeshadow duo. I only hope that the fact it was on clearance doesn't mean it's being discontinued! I would definately pay the full retail price. Even at around $10.00 dollars, this is a steal when you consider the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favourite HIP DUO eye shadow shade from L'oreal! They both go on smoothly and are quite pigmented!

I always use this for my signature neutral smokey eye look! The dark brown shade is perfect and I also use it to fill in my eyebrows. I use the lighter taupe shadow to blend into my crease and it's the perfect contouring shade for skin tone. (I am a NC25-30 for reference)

You can usually pick these up for 5.99 CND or so when they go on sale! That is an absolute steal! I will definitely be repurchasing and I highly recommend this product for others that love neutral colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ugh, the fact that this is two eyeshadows kills me a little every time I pull it out of my makeup bag.

The darker color is fantastic. It's an excellent shade for not only your crease but even for contouring if you're tawny and eyeliner if you use the right brush. It's flawlessly matte and easy to work with - not flaky or messy at all. It's a precise, no-nonsense eyeshadow that won't let you down if you're looking for something just dark enough to complement a smoky eye or intensify your eyes a little during the day. It's really a beautiful brown, too. Not muddy or dull, but sans shimmer. I wish this color existed on its own because...

The other shade is completely and utterly useless. I really don't know if I'm going to buy the duo again because the other shade is a total waste of my money. I realize it might be helpful if you're very pale or very tan (as a highlighter, maybe??) but I'm still at a loss as to what to do with it. It's exactly the same color as my skin. Sometimes I put it all over my lid and literally try to see it. I'm not kidding - sometimes I'll put it on just to remind myself that it does not show up. And while the other shade is beautifully pigmented and easy to work with, I have a strong suspicion that this one is not pigmented in the slightest. Either that or it really is flawlessly matched to my skin tone.

But I'm fairly certain it's just completely translucent and wouldn't really work well for anyone who doesn't have a dramatic color to their face in the first place. It's what you would use if you needed a completely neutral color. Again - I'm not really familiar with an occasion where you would need something that's THIS neutral.

I've said that I won't buy this again, but I'm really still trying to decide. I don't know if my love for the chocolate color will overcome my hatred for the neutral tone. Regardless, I'll be looking for a good replacement for the chocolate color that comes on its own, definitely. If I find one, this product will be thrown straight into the trash as soon as that dark brown runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this duo! I use it almost everyday because I only do neutral makeup. I use the the beige color for my brown bone and the brown color for my crease. Having this makes my makeup application so much faster in the morning when I'm in a hurry. It's too steps of my eye shadow application in one. I'm running out of this and have been trying to find it at drugstores to repurchase, but I've been out of luck. Hopefully, I can find it somewhere because I really can't do without this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by glossipgirl7

I bought this when I was looking for a non-shimmery eye shadow(I have enough shimmer for a lifetime). A duo of nice neutral, matte shades- exactly what I'd been looking for.
The dark shade is gorgeous- pigmented, close to matte, neutral yet dark enough to be dramatic if I applied really intensely. But the lighter shade? It doesn't show up at all. I'm sure it would show up on a fair-skinned individual, but since I'm tanned, it blends right in with my skin tone, and you can't tell I have it on. Oh, well. The darker shade makes up for it.
I would repurchase, just for the darker shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by IcyNocturne

I love this.
First off, I have tried just about every single nude/everyday drugstore palette there is, everything from Maybelline to Revlon tto Almay Physcian's Formula, Covegirl. I've tried so many palettes/duos/trios, and I think I've finally found my HG!
I am quite fair, and this duo does really suit my skin tone, I use the light shade as a crease shade to add just a bit of definition, and then I use the darker shade and press it into the crease, while lining my eyes and setting my eyeshadow. What I really like about this is that I can also use this to contour my face! The lighter shade mixed with a little bit of the brown shade makes a perfect contour shade for me, and I sometimes do that for touch ups or when I'm in a hurry in the morning and can't be bothered to reach for another product.
It's pigmented, the colors are perfect for me, I love the cute little mirror that comes with it, and it's cheap! What more can you ask for?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

The dark shadow in this duo is great. Nice pigment blends easily but the other shade is the same shade as my skin and is pointless and it hardly even shows up on me. I only use the dark shadow with other shadows. I could see people that have fair skin would like the lighter shade also. I wouldn't repurchase this only for the dark shade but if you have a fair complection and your looking for a non shimmery neutral look and find this on sale it would be a good deal since both shades would probably show up on you not just the darker one like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by EternalMyrtle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is pointless on me. The beige does not show up on my skin at all and my skin is not that dark (Mediterranean complexion, not tanned since it is wintertime). The dark brown is similar to every other dark brown but I can use it as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by overcaffeine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE MOST PIGMENTED DRUGSTORE EYESHADOW!!! Excellent color payoff, minimum fallout, interesting shade combinations. Even some higher end brands don't hold a candle to Loreal Hip shadows!!!