April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - HiP Concentrated Duo - Shady

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favourite HIP DUO eye shadow shade from L'oreal! They both go on smoothly and are quite pigmented!

I always use this for my signature neutral smokey eye look! The dark brown shade is perfect and I also use it to fill in my eyebrows. I use the lighter taupe shadow to blend into my crease and it's the perfect contouring shade for skin tone. (I am a NC25-30 for reference)

You can usually pick these up for 5.99 CND or so when they go on sale! That is an absolute steal! I will definitely be repurchasing and I highly recommend this product for others that love neutral colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ugh, the fact that this is two eyeshadows kills me a little every time I pull it out of my makeup bag.

The darker color is fantastic. It's an excellent shade for not only your crease but even for contouring if you're tawny and eyeliner if you use the right brush. It's flawlessly matte and easy to work with - not flaky or messy at all. It's a precise, no-nonsense eyeshadow that won't let you down if you're looking for something just dark enough to complement a smoky eye or intensify your eyes a little during the day. It's really a beautiful brown, too. Not muddy or dull, but sans shimmer. I wish this color existed on its own because...

The other shade is completely and utterly useless. I really don't know if I'm going to buy the duo again because the other shade is a total waste of my money. I realize it might be helpful if you're very pale or very tan (as a highlighter, maybe??) but I'm still at a loss as to what to do with it. It's exactly the same color as my skin. Sometimes I put it all over my lid and literally try to see it. I'm not kidding - sometimes I'll put it on just to remind myself that it does not show up. And while the other shade is beautifully pigmented and easy to work with, I have a strong suspicion that this one is not pigmented in the slightest. Either that or it really is flawlessly matched to my skin tone.

But I'm fairly certain it's just completely translucent and wouldn't really work well for anyone who doesn't have a dramatic color to their face in the first place. It's what you would use if you needed a completely neutral color. Again - I'm not really familiar with an occasion where you would need something that's THIS neutral.

I've said that I won't buy this again, but I'm really still trying to decide. I don't know if my love for the chocolate color will overcome my hatred for the neutral tone. Regardless, I'll be looking for a good replacement for the chocolate color that comes on its own, definitely. If I find one, this product will be thrown straight into the trash as soon as that dark brown runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this duo! I use it almost everyday because I only do neutral makeup. I use the the beige color for my brown bone and the brown color for my crease. Having this makes my makeup application so much faster in the morning when I'm in a hurry. It's too steps of my eye shadow application in one. I'm running out of this and have been trying to find it at drugstores to repurchase, but I've been out of luck. Hopefully, I can find it somewhere because I really can't do without this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by glossipgirl7

I bought this when I was looking for a non-shimmery eye shadow(I have enough shimmer for a lifetime). A duo of nice neutral, matte shades- exactly what I'd been looking for.
The dark shade is gorgeous- pigmented, close to matte, neutral yet dark enough to be dramatic if I applied really intensely. But the lighter shade? It doesn't show up at all. I'm sure it would show up on a fair-skinned individual, but since I'm tanned, it blends right in with my skin tone, and you can't tell I have it on. Oh, well. The darker shade makes up for it.
I would repurchase, just for the darker shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by IcyNocturne

I love this.
First off, I have tried just about every single nude/everyday drugstore palette there is, everything from Maybelline to Revlon tto Almay Physcian's Formula, Covegirl. I've tried so many palettes/duos/trios, and I think I've finally found my HG!
I am quite fair, and this duo does really suit my skin tone, I use the light shade as a crease shade to add just a bit of definition, and then I use the darker shade and press it into the crease, while lining my eyes and setting my eyeshadow. What I really like about this is that I can also use this to contour my face! The lighter shade mixed with a little bit of the brown shade makes a perfect contour shade for me, and I sometimes do that for touch ups or when I'm in a hurry in the morning and can't be bothered to reach for another product.
It's pigmented, the colors are perfect for me, I love the cute little mirror that comes with it, and it's cheap! What more can you ask for?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

The dark shadow in this duo is great. Nice pigment blends easily but the other shade is the same shade as my skin and is pointless and it hardly even shows up on me. I only use the dark shadow with other shadows. I could see people that have fair skin would like the lighter shade also. I wouldn't repurchase this only for the dark shade but if you have a fair complection and your looking for a non shimmery neutral look and find this on sale it would be a good deal since both shades would probably show up on you not just the darker one like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by EternalMyrtle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is pointless on me. The beige does not show up on my skin at all and my skin is not that dark (Mediterranean complexion, not tanned since it is wintertime). The dark brown is similar to every other dark brown but I can use it as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by overcaffeine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE MOST PIGMENTED DRUGSTORE EYESHADOW!!! Excellent color payoff, minimum fallout, interesting shade combinations. Even some higher end brands don't hold a candle to Loreal Hip shadows!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by suchacharmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to every day shadow. It complements my eyes perfectly. I put the lighter color under my lower lashes as well and it makes my eyes look bigger and brighter. I'm kind of in love with this duo. I can definitely see how this would be just average and comparable to many other products available, but for some reason these two colors are perfect for my skin tone and eyes. If I want to add a little shine I use the goldish-silver metallic in the Electrified duo in inner corners of my eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mua_freak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

the very first eyeshadow ive completely used up. the lighter shade is barely touched though. it doesnt do much for me. the darker shade is amazing, ive been looking for a deep matte brown for a while now and i plan on stocking up when it goes on sale. perfect for everyday, its my go to shadow.

EDIT: still my alltime favorite brown shadow. i use daily and just found it at cvs for half off! i honesty use this more than my naked palette. def go out and buy this!!! even thought the lighter shade is useless, i would still gladly pay the same price for just the brown shade.