November 28, 2014 | 1733 users online

Mascara - Boots - No 7 Longer Lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Lahni

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ewwwwwwww. Ew ew ewww. Just ew.

I bought this for a whopping eight dollars at my local Target because I thought it sounded promising, but boy was I wrong. You should see the wand! It's.. it's this weird rubber square thing. I don't think it even has bristles. And the formula smells very strongly of dead fish. It doesn't even work! While the pigment was admittedly great, it gave no lift or length and literally made it look like I had one big rectangular lash.

Never buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by kornwipha

Very disappointed, It does nothing as it claims to. Definitely won't reperchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Jeslynn

My tube wasn't dry when I first bought it. Although it didn't take long for it to dry up. It was nice while being able to use it, but it wasn't the best I've tried. It was also easy to come off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kristamb

I got this mascara on clearance at Target for $1.98, and I definitely got what I paid for! It was dried out, and definitely did not do anything for my lashes. A big disappointment, glad I bought it cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by xinguo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this Mascara. It is dry, even fresh from the tube for the very first time, I have to try to coat again and again for it to work.. and it does not lengthen my lashes. And it does not curl. I have not tried it with a primer. That would be a neccessary with this mascara, I think.
Won't buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by robin2154

I have been looking for a good lengthening mascara for a while. I am 47 and for the past few years my lashes have just seemed to be getting shorter and thinner. I have jumped around to different price ranges and brands for a while now. I was using Cover Girl's Lash Exact and was pretty happy, but decided to look some more. I tried a $20 mascara from Ulta (the brand escapes me now, but the saleslady said they sell out as fast as they get it) - and it was okay, but a wee bit flaky. Then I saw this in Target and thought I'd give it a shot. Sure am glad I did! This is terrific mascara. I use Clinique's primer (always) and then one to two coats of this (combing in between with Tweezerman's metal-toothed comb) -and VOILA! - gorgeous lashes that I can see in the mirror from several feet away. I have had no problems with flaking or smearing - even on our already warm SC days. I am hooked - hope it doesn't get discontinued. The brush doesn't look or feel loaded with a lot of mascara, but when you comb it on, there's definitely something there. I have put away thoughts of lash extensions - this works just fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by shrimpchips

i bought this at Target because it LOOKED promising, but when i opened up the tube it was completely dry!!!! it went straight back to the store and i bought Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by roborutanya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty good mascara. It does lengthen my lashes, it also holds the curl from my lash curler really well. I was pleased by the fact it doesn't clump either. However, for $13.00 CDN I'm not that impressed. I would rather pay half that price for a l'oreal mascara. I do recommend it if you're like me and love to try new mascaras all the time. For someone else it might just be a HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by CuteSmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i just love this mascara! It actually held the curl of my eyelashes and certainly makes them appear longer. I think I'm going to try the extension formula next, but this could be HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Okay, the MUA website wouldn't let me put the period in after "No" in "number" for whatever reason... but I think everyone knows what I mean.Anyway, I was very surprised by this mascara. Most of the Boots mascaras got lousy ratings on this website, including the Longer Lashes waterproof version. I don't think mine is waterproof, at least it doesn't say so anywhere on the tube. It is pretty smudge resistant on my lower lashes (for whatever reason), but by the end of the day, I do have black smudges from this mascara in my eye creases. Probably becuz my upper lids are much oilier than the skin under my eyes. The tube says that this mascara is "dramatically lengthening and curling;" but nothing curls MY lashes, except for my old-fashioned, metal, eyelash curler by Shiseido. I have NEVER, EVER had ANY mascara that claimed to be "curling," curl my lashes... not one, tiny bit. (Though I have tried many that have actually "un-curled" my lashes after I mechanically curled them.)
:oP grrr...As for the "dramatic length"... well, it does give my lashes length, there's no denying that fact. Dramatic? No. Just decent, satisfactory length that I don't get from alot of other boring mascaras. (NO VOLUME OR THICKNESS, LADIES... THIS IS TRULY JUST A LENGTHENING MASCARA. Fortunately, I don't need volume/thickness for my lashes, just length.) Boots Longer Lashes darkens my lashes a bit, and sometimes can be a little clumpy if I apply too many coats. Unfortunately, with the clumps comes the flakes-- (man, I HATE those!) Overall, this is a decent lengthening mascara. EDIT 4/26/07: I have edited this review about 4 times now, this will be the last time. This mascara smudges like heck on me by the end of the day! I have black smudges in my creases that are so bad right now, it looks like I took a few hits to the face! It smudged so badly, and it wasn't even a hot day today! I could imagine what this mascara would do to me if I wore it on a real scorcher! Well, this is it for me, folks! I give up on this one! I dropped it another lippie, and I would never even consider repurchasing. (Actually, I think 3 lippies might even be overly generous for this one!) (:oP continued >>