November 25, 2014 | 1770 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay 12-Hour Eyeshadow Quad Sultry Smoke

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first time doing smokey eye, I used this. Underneath it, I put UDPP and it stayed on 12+ hours and looked pretty much like how I had it 12 hours before. :)

The color is great, though you really have to take your time and layer it over and over to get it vibrant (even with UDPP which supposedly adds vibrancy on colors). However, I like my eyeshadow subtle and not too dramatic or vibrant, thus I think this purchase was not a bad one!

However, I rated it a 4/5 because I sometimes use the black eyeshadow part to set my eyeliner... and it works amazingly well with that too. But sometimes, when I'm in a rush, I would have a thin layer of black eyeshadow in replacement of the gel liner I use (where I have to warm it up, be precise, blahblahblah). With that thin layer of black eyeshadow + UDPP, it smudges within ~2-3 hours. Basically, it's only good when you really layer it enough to have it caked on or else it smudges for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own 7 of this Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow quads. I think of these quads as my regular work eyeshadows, they are just easy. I have 3 favorites, Copper Spice (Spicy Browns), Spring Moss (Soft Greens and Sultry Smoke (Navy and Grey).

This quad Sultry Smoke is great for creating a navy smokey eye, suitable for professional work. Navy is great for brown eyes! I use only 3 of the 4. The top color doesn't work for me. Nice pigmentation, soft, and buildable....not at all over the top. Packaging is not the best, it will break if you drop it. Try these shadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Bluehope

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first got this eyeshadow, I was really eager to try it. I really wanted to do a smokey eye, cause my other eyeshadows are more naked sort of tones.
This eyeshadow needs a lot of layering. ALOT. It's sheer and the colors aren't as vibrant as they appear on the palette as on the eyelid. After a while they turn dull if you don't use a primer
It dusts slightly when layered, which is really annoying. I wouldn't buy this again. The little stick you get with it is no use, doesn't pick up color, and even with my brush I had to do a lot of work before I got it the way I wanted, which rapidly turned dull and monotone.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by lmbby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i was excited to try this product out since i love a smokey eye.. not very pigmented though the colors were so sheer i was expecting alot more out of revlon especially because it is part of their ColorStay line and since i happen to like the powder and foundation i gave it a try but i was so disappointed. not buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

Revlon is one of my fav drugstore brand... yet i was soo disappointed with their eye shadow quads. their not as pigmented as i assumed they would be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

A good friend suggested I try out this e/s quad.I stopped in the local drugstore to see the colors in person.I was very hestitant.The colors were all dark,except for the Lavendar shade.It was no loss to purchase,because I could always just exchange or return it =)
I took it home & tried it right away.As I was putting on the lid color,I was scared because it was so dark looking! Then,after applying/blending the other colors,the look started to come together~~ Impressed with colors & turn out.Definitely would buy again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyblossoms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this was one of my first smokey quads along with a rimmel one; this was something i bought when i first started using makeup: ugh the memories xp yeah a beginer starting out with smokey eyes ans i didnt wear eyeliner or mascara just eyeshadow, i know horrible but i did love how velvety smooth these were and over a base or a primer they do last
so even thought i hardly do smokey eyes anymore, when i do this is my go to
the reason i wouldnt repurchase is that it isnt extraordinary or something i use daily so i still have quite a bit left after about 2 years!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by latteys

did not last 12 hours--more like 5 hours. colors are great in the package but upon opening it, the colors are very matte and not highly pigmented. i thought the grey swatch would be great but it turns out to be a very dull grey. it clumps at my eyelid crease. i have another set in another color (bogo sale) and that one is much better in terms of color.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by GlamZebraXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my 8 year old neice last Halloween, she was being a vampire and needed smokey grey shades for her eyes, the pale purple was also perfect for her. That was the only time it ever got used and was good enough just for that. I tried it myself and didn't like it at all compared to my NARS or MAC shadows. The colors look nice in the pan but are sheer and matte when applied. If you like dark, rich shades this is not for you. It's not a bad quad, it's just not very pigmented, and they do not last 12 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely colors, lots of pigment.

The color STAYS on, but not where you put it. I work 8-5. By 4 PM, the colors decided to mix, creating a muddy ambiguous gray on my eyes. To make matters worse, the eventual fallout made the muddy gray migrate also under my eyes. Today I look deathly tired.

Thanks Revlon, but no thanks.