November 24, 2014 | 1653 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure - No 12 Charm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think one reason this doesn't have many reviews is that the name is actually Charme (with an e) - wonder if there's a way to change that? Anyway, I got this after seeing it in a magazine on Anne Hathaway and of course she looked gorgeous. On me, it's a creamy, blue-based bubblegum pink that washes me out and looks cheap. For reference, I am a very yellow-based NC15. It also highlights every flake on my chapped lips. I didn't find it charming or interesting so I returned it. It's too expensive for it to not be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by focke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of m best soft & elegant. Fits to summer & spring

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a present. Usually I don't wear such colours. But there is something about this bright pink fucsia. Not everyday colour for me, but very nice. Doesn't look cheap as it happens with this shades. And again, the package and the texure! I love Rouge Allure!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by babiig1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

#12 Charme is my FAVOURITE lipstick shade. I recently dyed my hair black to match my black eyes and eyebrows. This new alteration brings out the fairness of my skin as the pure black contrasts with my light skin. This lipstick is a medium fuchsia pink that looks absolutely stunning paired with lined eyes and pink cheeks, even more so, with my newly dyed hair and fair skin.

I personally think this is best suited for fair and fair-medium skinned girls and women, however, it is a cool toned pink so for those of you who have yellow undertones in your skin, you should probably avoid this lip product.

The staying power is reasonable but it could be better. The thick matte-like consistency of this lipstick can sometimes leave behind a tiny amount of residue on your lips after several hours of wear. It's annoying but I just love the shade and the packaging too much to take off a lippie for that.

Moving onto the packaging, it's absolutely gorgeous. Very classy and elegant. I've uploaded a picture of the lipstick shade and packaging for your viewing. Judge for yourselves :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2007 6:55:00 AM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I agree with the fact that it is definetely a cool pink lipstick and if you like MAC Pink Poodle l/g, then you neded this urgently: it is it, in lipstick version, being in fact a perfect base for it.
A medium pink, that blends wonderfully given its creamy but not heavy texture.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No.12 - Charme is the color from the first ad for Rouge Allure lispsticks, I think. Medium pink with a hint of fuchsia. Bluetoned - definitely cooltoned. The color is similar to no.22 Boudoir, but matte (Boudoir is just a bit satiny). Very nice color but I expected maybe a fuller pigment. I was very attracted by this color but it has turned out to be somehow too "thin", too ordinary, nothing outstanding. I would not repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No