July 26, 2014 | 1610 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Instant Bronze and Sunless Tanning Foam in Light Medium

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by louismayes

bought it in the 99p shop was worried i would end up streaky but it said no streak and for 99p couldn't resist! messy to apply defo do it in the bath or it can drip onto carpets etc colour was really good had loads of complements have used it about 4 times all over body and its still going! as long as you rub it in properly it works really well and the smell isn't too bad considering its a fake tan. Have stocked up on it as i know stuff from 99p shop often is end of line clearence.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted so badly to love this, but that was probably a high expectation from something I picked up from my local dollar store... Yes, you heard right.. Dollar store, Dollar Tree to be exact. I guess it was my freshman year of high school. I was feeling rather pale, especially compared to all of those other girls who would regularly visit the tanning beds. One afternoon, I just saw this and decided to give it a try. The color for maybe the first couple of applications was nice and "bronze," as the packaging describes; however, the product can get really streaky if you're not quick to work it in and/or let it dry properly. I experienced a lot of that to be honest. Even worse, after the few applications I used to attain my desired darkness, I started noticing a slight orange tint! It was utterly disastrous!! I had done this before school the night before, so there was no hopping in the shower to try and scrub down. Thankfully, no one noticed... Or at least commented, and it wasn't as difficult or time consuming as I thought it would be to rinse it off (for the most part) that night. I've been sticking to my natural color since then. Oh, and did I forget to mention how NASTY this stuff smells?! OH YEAH!!! No wonder it's been discontinued...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by SGERBINE

I am using the deep color and I'm very satisfied. My friend gave this to me and I think it works very well. I have fair skin and always burn, so w/ the increased awareness about skin cancer of course I want to try sunless tanning. This doesn't turn me orange (except for my hands if I don't wear gloves), I can use it on my face w/o breaking out, and it goes on super easy. I've applied it 3 times so far and I'm happy. My husband does say it tastes kind of gross though :( I would like something w/ a little more brown to it. I naturally have a yellow undertone so everything looks a bit yellow on me.
I would definitely recommend this to anybody who wants an inexpensive tanner.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, this is a discontinued product, but you can still get it at discount stores and online. It's an instant self-tanner with bronzer and a good amount of DHT that will have you bronze in about 2-3 hours. It comes in a pump and the foam is bronze and not very streaky at all.

First off, the color. The bronzer color is pretty and the actual processing color isn't too bad. It's golden brown, which means if you put on too many applications you could go orange. I put it on twice a week or so to maintain a brown color.

However... I give this only three stars, despite its nice color and non-streakiness because of the smell. Yes, I know all self-tanners smell, but this is ridiculous. I don't know how anyone could manage to leave the house wearing this. The smell gets in clothes, and if you go to bed wearing it, like I do, it makes your sheets stink. The stench is a high price to pay for a nice tan! I will not repurchase, I'm going to look into gradual self-tanners with less of a stink.