November 27, 2014 | 1507 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Earth Science - Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by CaroleSim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really good Vegan product. No animal ingredients, no animal testing. It contains chamomile and green tea, so it's great for the skin around your eyes. I find that it takes off even waterproof makeup. I have sensitive skin and eyes and this the best eye mu remover I've used. I highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Merricat2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like this product since it is fragrance-free, and like others found it stung my eyes after using the cotton ball swipe method of cleaning. However, the instructions do say to rinse with warm water so after trying that, (keeping eyes tightly shut the whole time), I found I could avoid the eye irritation & it did remove makeup well, but I ended up with red, inflamed bumps on my skin I both times I tried this, the last time much worse than the first. This was the only new product I tried those days.

I suspect I had contact dermatitis due to the preservative blend: sodium hydroxymethylglycinate and phenoxyethanol.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a pinch at my local health food store. It has a gel texture, which I find a little unpleasant, but it works well. I spread it around the outside of a cotton ball and need to use at least 2 cotton balls to get my eye makeup completely removed, including waterproof mascara. It requires a fair amount of wiping as opposed to liquid eye makeup removers that almost seem to dissolve the makeup. It isn't drying or irritating to the eye area, except for occasional irritation caused by the wiping. I would buy it again in a pinch but would like to find a liquid formula that requires less wiping. It seems very gentle on the skin, removes my makeup thoroughly, and rinses nicely without drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is VERY GOOD! I have to admit I was surprised that it works so well at removing makeup since it's from a natural skincare company. This literally gets most of your eye makeup off with one swipe! This beats some high end m/u removers I have tried and is definitely more affordable. It's a liquid-gel so it has a cooling sensation on your skin and when you rub it in your hands it thickens. I find this to be great because you can use this to remove your face makeup and the slight foaming action breaks the makeup down immediately... plus there's no oily residue afterwards. At first my eyes burned a little but I adjusted to it and it's fine. This is great find! I'm glad I tried this on a whim.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is now, my favorite eye make up remover! I've never used a gel remover before and when I saw that this was a gel, I was skeptical, but I find that I really enjoy it! It is super gentle, I felt no irritation or stinging. It is efficient and effective too! I only use a little and it quickly removes all my make up, even when I've gone crazy with the eyeliner and mascara that day! So yay! I'm becoming a fan of Earth Science products!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

Really great makeup remover!! I have been using an oil cleanser to get off all my makeup and even though it does dissolve makeup quite well I didn't like how it got in my eyes and made my contacts foggy etc.
This is so much better because the gel texture is not sticky or oily and does not bother my eyes or contacts at all. It also got off all my eye makeup with a few swipes. I would like to try this to remove face makeup but I haven't yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get the low reviews on this one. It's a gel cleanser that's crazily effective as an oil cleanser or creamy milky cleanser --but doesnt leave any residual. Rinses squeaky clean without tightness and nary a speck of makeup. No need for "double cleansing"! the secret? The powerful, yet naturally-derived "star ingredient" of Decyl Glucoside.

The removal process is why i think people are rating this lower-- You have to do it THIS WAY: Emulsify gel all over wet face, massage, and you'll see your foundation, eye makeup, liquid liner, even mascara and oil-based lipstick break down into dirty brown rivulets (ewww). Rinse off, and that's it! Even my false lashes and lash glue come off with this product. No residual, no weird feeling of having to follow up with another cleanser.

IF you are using this the "old fashioned way" i.e. cotton ball, swiping product all over face, etc" then you will not see the product breakdown. This is the worst way to use this product! You MUST use it like a traditional face cleanser - wet face, massage, and rinse. Remember - NO cotton balls!

I have always used milky/creamy/oil-based cleansers to breakdown makeup, followed by a foaming cleanser to emulsify and "double clean". there is no need for that extra step with this Earth Science product. I'm duly impressed.

ingredients: Water (Aqua), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopherol, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract (Bilberry), Euphrasia Officinalis (Eyebright) Extract (Eyebright), Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract (Fennel), Cameillia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Cameilia Oleifera (Green Tea)Extract (Green Tea), Saccharomyces Cerevisia Cell Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Phenoxyethanol

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by rareaspasia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wear very, very heavy makeup as a part of my job and have been on a mission to find a natural makeup remover for a while now. I had high hopes for this since I use other products from the Earth Science line and love them, but it just wasn't effective enough for my needs. I was always left with leftover liner and mascara even after letting the cotton pad or cotton ball soaked with it hang out on my eyes for a bit. I had to rub more than I care to do in my eye area to try to get everything off, and even then I was always left with some makeup on. The product also irritated my eyes a bit. If you wear light makeup this might work nicely for you but it was not for me. Back to Pond's for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by bubbleluscious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great eye makeup remover if you have sensitive eyes !! At first I was very confused with how to use this and due to my confusion and inexperience, after a few uses I came to the conclusion it was crappy and put it in my cupboard with all my other "misfit" products. I realized that the Marcelle Liquid eye makeup remover I was using tho was irritating my eyes and the suspected culprit of my eyelashes falling out, so I pulled this out and thought - it is natural and as gentle as it gets - why not give it another try? So I now know that to apply it you have to squeeze some out onto a cotton pad, then VERY gently wipe my mascara off my lashes, then wipe underneath my eyes. I now am rly loving this eyemakeup remover. Plus, I have no eyelash loss anymore! (Well obviously I do to some degree which is natural, but it is not nearly as bad as it was before). The one thing I can complain about is that if you are wearing heavy eyemakeup like gel eyeliner along with your mascara etc etc... it is hard to get that all off without irritating ur eyes. So now I try to just wear mascara, tho sometimes i will wear eyeshadow along with it or pencil eyeliner. And there might be a little bit of eye makeup left under your eyes from the day before in the morning if you have not thoroughly removed it the night before; but that is easily fixed. The other great thing about this is that it is of reasonable price. Awesome !! Definnitely recommend =3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

decent stuff! doesnt sting my eyes...has a gel like consistency...removes all my non water proof makeup.....fragrance free and infused with chamomile & green tea! unfortunately, i dont think it does a great job removing my water proof mascaras.