September 16, 2014 | 2009 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elysee - Pycnogenol Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I could not see any results with this product. I used three or four bottles so I gave it a good try. I think there are other more reasonable priced products out there that will do better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by greenthumbtn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Pycnogenol Serum with a better value in a Transformation set. I used it for two month with other products from Elysee like BioAccel-SB Serum Energizing Skin Booster and CollaBoost-1,3 Skin Infusion Gel. My skin look good. I discontinued using the Elysee products after two months because I need to finish my others skincare products.

My husband keeps using the Elysee skincare for 5 months now. In the last two year his skin were very rough, dehydrated, fine lline/wrinkle and very sensitive skin. Since his skin is very bad, I can really see the improvement after he has been using the Elysee for 5 months. He has glow on his face. He skin is not as rough and dehydrated, plus his fine line/wrinkle are diminished. His skin look healthier. Only now because of the heat and dry winter time. I have to look for a more hydrated/rich moisturizer for him. By the way, he has been using compensation cream from Elysee.

After I finish all the other skincare products, I will definitely go back to Elysee or do it alternative day.

I believe that you need to give your new skincare product for 3 to 6 months to see result.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by angel_2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for over a year and highly recommend. It fights free radicals in the skin and also FIRMS it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by lr820

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought an Elysee kit (included Pycnogenol and other serums) a while back on HSN. I used everything in the kit faithfully, with no results. I just went to write a review on HSN, but unfortunately I couldn't because they're not selling that particular kit now. What I wanted to say is that I'm very suspicious of the "customer" reviews about the Elysee products. Almost all of the reviews that give the Elysee products five stars sound like sales pitches or product ads. Something very fishy there. And the ones that actually sound like real customers mostly give the products one star. I even saw one or two reviews here that sound suspiciously like the sales-pitch "reviews" I saw on HSN. I'm just not buying it (literally or figuratively). Definitely something very fishy going on. Go to HSN and read the reviews for yourself and see if you don't agree. There was also another customer review on HSN that said basically the same thing I'm saying. So I know it's not just me. I will not be buying anymore Elysee products, needless to say.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueen83

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I use it along with their Fountain of Youth serum and my skin feels and looks great. Granted, I don't have many wrinkles, but it helps the look of my pores and the overall texture of my skin. I suffer from chin acne and currently I'm not as broken out as usual. My husband said the other night "What are you using on your skin? It looks so smooth". Now trust me, he is a manly man who doesn't care about my beauty routine, but even he notice the change. I had tried a sample of the two serums and was so impressed I purchased the large sizes. I used to dread the moisture part of my routine because I felt greasy an dirty, but Elysee is absorbed instantly. I have spent thousands on things that don't work, but this is one product I will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Andorsia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a month and this is some serious firming stuff hehe. Fine lines severely diminished (because of the firming I guess). I never want to be out of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

It is a lightweight serum that has firming and moisturizing benefits to it that are accumulative.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Hawko

This product comes in a kit with other skin care products. It goes on right after cleansing, a couples of minutes later moisturizer/sunscreen goes on top, feels like water upon contact. It dries undetectably, does absolutely absolutely nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by hollywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am normally not an HSN product fan, but I actually really adore this product. It sinks into your skin so rapidly (like a skin drink!) that I cannot believe it. It's almost as if it becomes "one with your skin." I also really like the gel-like texture. It is an amber/orange color and I use this underneath the Elysee Youth Span moisturizer and I've seen incredible results. I actually swapped away my La Mer...as this gave me such amazing results. This line has impressed me so much...that I'm slowly adding new serums to my AM and PM routine..and trying to mix and match without having to purchase a slew of items. It's hard...as they carry so many products...but the Pycnogenol, Youthspan and Rejuvederm primer have quickly become my faves. I have seen a huge reduction in pore size (after about 21 days) and an an everyday glow that I was really lacking. My sweet husband even said that my skin looked better now than when we were married!! What??? From that moment on, I was hooked! I also want to add that I've received amazing service from www.elyseecosmetics.com.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by amara_lani

I cannot believe I am writing this and letting one of HSN's biggest skin care secrets -- I feel like spreading the word on Elysee is just going to make it all that much more difficult to purchase the next time HSN airs them! But for those who have struggled as I did to find serums that really work for a good price (~$20-$25) that contain the least amount of "fillers" and unnecessary ingredients, please read on... The Pycogenol serum by Elysee is loaded with hyaluronic acid and Pycogenol, an ingredient highly recommended for its anti-aging and wrinkle-fighting qualities. Dr. Leslie Baumann highly recommends Pycogenol in her well-known-amongst-MUAers book, "The Skin Type Solution." I wish I had found this sooner! I first bought the sampler kit which contained .3 oz of the Pycogenol. Now every couple of months I purchase the full-size 1 oz hygenic and user-friendly amber-colored glass pump jar. I use this following Elysee's Fountain of Youth serum (blue serum), also included in the sampler kit. You can find a good deal on purchasing the two products together on HSN. The Pycogenol has completely evened out my skin tone and made my skin brighter and has made a total believer out of me. It works, it's affordable, and it's devoid of most of the illegible chemicals other products contain! LOVE this stuff!

update 10/17/08:
This stuff is excellent and yet I will not be repurchasing due to the two parabens it contains. There are SO many other highly-rated, top-quality serums nowadays we have some paraben-free choices ladies, and choices that are natural and yes even organic! And the same price. My philosphy is that your skin is your largest organ and absorbs more than 60% of what you put on it. We load our skin with chemicals each day and if we can find exceptional products that are free of all of the questionable items it will be best for us and our families.

For another exceptional hyaluronic acid serum try MyChelle. See Amazon.com for the stellar reviews and nice pricing options to boot. Other favorite all-around serums: Jurlique Biodynamic Beauty Serum, MyChelle serums (several to choose from), and Talulah.