October 20, 2014 | 1014 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expertwear Eye Shadow Quad in Mocha Motion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just no color to them and it didn't apply smoothly, after an hour it didn't even look like I had any eye shadow on. I tried lid primer but that was no help either.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

It's your basic neutral quad, so it can be used for everyday and it's small and portable. It also comes with two sponge applicators! I have it in the new packaging, so it's very rectangular. There is a taupe shade, which is one of the most versatile colors in the eyeshadow world, so if you're looking for nice blending colors, this is the quad for you. It's cheap compared to Urban Decay and Too Faced and the colors are nice and go on smoothly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Subtle neutral quad. I have the new packaging. Not quite as useful as the Chocolate Mousse trio or the nearly HG Browntones duo but still one I would repurchase.

The 4 shades are all nearly matte, with enough satiny sheen to keep them lively but not enough to look bad on aging lids. They'd be perfect if they had more payoff in the colours which look great in the pan but are extremely sheer with the exception of the liner shade which is quite good.

You can pack the shades on using the sponge applicators or using a wet brush to apply or using a primer. I hate wet applications & I don't bother with primer. So either it works by a sponge for me or I toss it. The faint dose of colour in the lid & contour shades aren't much, but the cool grayish brown liner is why I'm keeping the quad. Doubt I will rebuy though.

The base is nice but too white on me, almost a shocking bluish white. Far too bright white for a highlight shade or a basecoat. Blended with the other shades which look darker in the pan than they are on the eyelid, they work out to a nice neutral beige, neither warm nor cool.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I first heard of Maybelline Mocha Motion through a Youtube makeup tutorial, where the girl was using it to fill in her eyebrows. At the time, I was looking for an alternative to an eyebrow pencil, had a good drug store coupon, and figured I wouldn't lose anything by getting this product. My overall opinion is that I am neither disappointed, nor I am particularly impressed.

While I, like many others, also find the shadow to be very light in pigmentation, over time, the product grew on me and I am now using all four of the shades. Light champagne and darker shimmery taupe fill my eyebrows, while darkest liner color gives a soft definition to my eyes, and off white adds a little pop to the under eyebrow and inner corners of the eyes.

Overall, I find that this is a great everyday color palette to create a very natural look, which I prefer. However, it could be slightly more pigmented and less chalky. I am also sure that, for a competitive price, there are alternatives to this color palette with at least less suspicious ingredients (parabens and talk are a few I am concerned about), if not possibly better ingredients instead. I will therefore not repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hesitated on this palette since the reviews are kind of mixed however the colors in it are too gorgeous to pass. It's a taupe/grey palette that I wasn't expecting a lot of pigmentation for since the newly packaged Maybelline quads are split in different sections and this one says "Chic Naturals". It is exactly that actually. Very modern, work friendly, and a bit different than your typical cool greys or warm brown palettes. Straight up neutral and works with either warm or cool skin tones. I'm not sure how the old version of this but I have found most of the Maybelline palettes in their newer packaging (where the plastic is brown/black) have substantial quality difference in quality compared to the older ones (in the blue). I have the most recent one where the pans aren't all even and there's a "liner" shade.

I think this is a no fuss palette that can even be built to a subtle daytime smokey eye. It's nothing exciting but a basic with a slight uncommon twist and good to have considering the price. A pass if you're someone who loves bold makeup but you probably wouldn't be eyeing a palette that says Chic Naturals anyway. A staple for anyone who works in a 9-5 environment though. Perhaps not the best for anyone who has medium/darker skin tones since this palette is one of the more sheer ones by Maybelline. Have had no staying power/fading issues over a primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is an awesome palette for anybody! I would highly recommend this palette to anyone who is starting out with makeup, or those who love really natural looks. It is a great quad- the new version comes with a very light base/ highlight shade, a light beige lid shade, a slightly darker grey-beige crease shade, and a grey-purple (hard to describe color!) liner shade. I love this palette SO MUCH when it comes to a go-to or a very nice, fresh daytime look. I think the pigmentation is amazing here; it's really nice that Maybelline reformulated their shadows. Very quick and easy to apply and, if used with primer, the colors will not fail you at all during the day. Expect initial fallout, but other than that, nothing should fall out during the day. It is pretty cheap for around $7, and you get a good amount of product. My only downside is applicable to every single Maybelline eyeshadow- the packaging sucks. It is cheaply made and quite easy to break, so just a little heads-up there. Otherwise, I HIGHLY recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great palette for every day wear! The colors are matte neutrals that blend really well. You can mix them up as well... you don't need to stick to the guidelines of which color goes where. You can use any one of them all over the lid for a subtle look and leave it at that. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the new version of this with the liner shadow at the bottom..it's the perfect natural palette for day. I really love the liner shadow, it lines my eyes really well and I can even do a light smokey cat eye with it (using a brush). I'd say this is light pigment...and the liner shade is more pigmented than the other colours. It lasts all day on me and washes off easily. My only complaint would be that two of the shades are a lot smaller than the others..and because of the packaging, it's hard to swipe them with the sponge applicator evenly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by tubbyloves

I only bought this because it was on clearance!
I didn't own a lot of cool toned shadows consisting of taupes/grey tone shadows.
I really love the highlight colour in this palette, it is a satin finish with slight pearl/shimmer and it's a true cream colour. I would repurchase this shade alone.
The lid colour is a soft champagne-taupe colour that is very sheer and slightly shimmery.
The crease colour is a medium charcoal shade that is a not very smooth in texture and can be chalky.
The definer shade is a dark charcoal shade and I have used this as a liner, it is not very long-wearing even w/ a base.
This was okay but do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by amynguyen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

not very pigmented