April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Luscious Sorbet Expertwear Eye Shadow Quad

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this quad either. The colors are too sheer, unpigmented, and fade rather quickly. The brow highlighter is too white for my complexion, the brown looks like pale mud smudges once applied, and the peaches barely show up. As much as I love peaches, this compact hasn't been used in many moons and will soon be trashed.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by grcpg47

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ditto to all the other comments. so bad, please don't buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

I got this on sale--suckered again. The shadows have no pigment and show up chalky on me. All glitter and no color. I'm asian, but not dark at all as it's winter now. The color is so nice and subtle in the pot, but alas.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 5:25:00 PM More reviews by lovebug19

The colors look really nice in the pots but it takes a lot to get the same color on my eyes. There's not a lot of pigment and when I pick it up with my brush it comes off really light on my skin. It works better when I put it on my finger to skin, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Coronado

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this along with the Peachy Keen nail polish.

I didn't know about the colors but when I got home and applied it, I changed my mind very quicky. I never apply more than one shadow on my lids, so these colors on their own work and look wonderfully.

Does not crease and for a quad by a big market brand, is dirt cheap.

Another great product by Maybelline.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by jandi

What was I thinking? Cool undertone girls like me should never ever try peachy tones. Too orange for me. And the brown/gold shade is too glittery, which left my cheeks full with little shimmery gold particles. It is not too pigmented, so it kind of works out for me when paired with baby pink shadow. I really tried to make this work, for a summer look, but I guess I'm just going to give it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by francie197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It just gives me a pretty peachy glow on my eyelids. I am very pale so maybe that's why these shades work for me. The only shade that's kind of a dud is the one in the left bottom corner, the bronzy highlighter. It goes on more like clear sparkle. Other than that, I love this quad.

EDIT 2/22/09: After switching to Bobbi Brown and Stila, I am no longer impressed with this product. Meh.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 5:08:00 AM More reviews by EnjoyTheSilence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(Please click on 'Continued' at the bottom to see the paragraphed version of review.) Ugh...so I wasn't a fan of the old Maybelline eyeshadow formula. Well, I'm not a fan of the 'new' formula, either! These are still unpigmented, chalky, hard & waxy in texture. Yes, I applied it over a decent base (UDPP); yes, I know how to work e/s; yes, I gave this more than one chance. It simply SUCKS!You get just a sheer veil of color, no matter the application method (brush, sponge applicator, finger, applied wet, etc.) I understand that this particular quad isn't deep in color, but it could at least show up like other high quality light/medium eyeshadow colors. See my notepad for definition of pigmentation for eyeshadows (near the bottom.) None of the colors apply how they appear in the pan & they all have a lot of excess particulate matter when you swipe them onto skin. Maybelline totally overdosed on the filler & binder in their formula & really skimped on the pigment. My advice: save your money or spend it on Wet n Wild trios, or Milani...or another brand of e/s that works.If you are still determined to buy this despite my unfavorable review, I suppose I could be so kind as to tell you the colors of nasty, waxy chalk you shall be purchasing LOL!-light peachy gold-light/med rosy gold-pale eggshell-light taupe w/ gold sparkleAgain...they're not going to show up, so you may as well skip it! continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No