September 30, 2014 | 1007 users online

Moisturizers - Clean & Clear - advantage oil-free Acne Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I originally purchased this product last summer because my skin was a huge oil slick and I wanted to try a lotion that would help fight blemishes during the day as well. Fast forward to now, where I realize that Salicylic Acid really does nothing for my breakouts, but I like this for the nighttime because it's just a little something extra. It doesn't have an overly horrible smell, kind of medicinal if you ask me, but I like it. And the price isn't too bad. I'm on my third bottle of this and it probably will last me a few months.

I like that it's oil-free because I can get super oily and this helps to keep everything in check. Definitely keeping this part of my nightly routine!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin that has an extremely rough texture. I needed a moisturizer that would smoothen out my skins texture without making me an oily monster. This moisturizer doesn't clear up my active breakouts but it certainly doesn't make them worse. It allows my skin to be really soft and smooth without leaving me dewy or shiny. I wouldn't suggest this for super dry skin because the salicylic acid could dry you out & it probably wouldn't be enough moisture for you anyways seeing as it is non-greasy & oil-free. For me though, it's a skin saver :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by nadiachengx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was an okay moisturizer because it didn't really do what it claimed to. It claims to dissolve oil fast, preparing skin so acne medicine can penetrate into the pores. This moisturizer did not clear up my skin but it did lightly moisturized my skin. It has a pleasant scent and was well priced at around $8 usd. I liked the packaging because it didn't leak everywhere and was very sanitary, it didn't dispense too much product. Good if you have normal to slightly oily skin with an occasional breakout every month. Definitely not for me because my skin gets oily within 3 hours, even under the temperature of 6 degrees Celsius.

Update: I have stopped using this because I realized that it doesn't even claim to be non cosmedogenic, which worries me a little

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Andiealger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Initially I was a little confused as to which Clean&Clear moisturizer to purchase (this one or the dual action oil free moisturizer.) I did a side by side comparison in the store, and to me it appeared to be virtually the same product. Both contain 0.5% salicylic acid. I ended up purchasing this one because I think it got slightly better reviews on MUA.

Anyways! On to the review. I use this as my day moisturizer (as a thin layer under my bb cream.) I have combination/oily skin and get the occasional large pimple or cyst. I haven't felt that this product has broken me out, but I haven't felt that it cleared up my skin either.

Pros:
Smells good!
Fast absorbing
Cheap and easy to find in store
Non greasy

Cons:
Don't feel like there's enough salicylic acid in the product to really help me skin
If you're looking for a lot of moisture for dry skin, look for something else.

All in all, I think it's a decent drugstore moisturizer. If you're looking for something cheap and non greasy that doesn't break your skin out, then try it! But if you need more moisture or have severely broken out skin, then I would look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by nomayopls

One of the only moisturizers that doesn't break me out. Soft feeling, light weight - yet moisturizes just enough even in the winter. Can't say enough great things about this product! I always want to try other moisturizers which I immediately regret and come back to this little gem! Also I remember reading something about this moisturizer having the right Ph-balance. Maybe that's why this rocks!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

EXCELLENT PRODUCT! A+ HG

WEAR:
One or two pumps is all you will need to cover your face and neck. This is almost a gel consistency and glides right on/into the skin. It does not feel oily, it does not feel chemically, it doesn't sting like other products I have used containing Salicylic Acid. It just feels good and makes my skin look amazing. I am really impressed with this product for the price.

EFFECT:
I struggle with large pores, sensitivity, redness, discoloration, acne, oiliness, and dry patches which would make my skin the epitome of "combo"! This product has effectively helped my skin in all of those areas. My skin has improved so much, it looks smooth and the discoloration is fading. It really is amazing, I wish I knew about this product sooner.

PACKAGING:
Very nice packaging with a pump for sanitary ease of use. The pump works well, does not get twisted, stuck, or clogged.

ACNE:
My skin has not looked so clear in a very long time and I can attribute part of that to this product. But if you suffer from acne you probably know that acne is the result of many contributing factors that all need to simultaneously be addressed in order to clear. As someone who has suffered from cystic acne, here are steps to essentially cure yourself of acne... there are two parts, external and internal:

External: ........................(this is the easy part)
1. Wash with Dove bar soap
2. Apply this product as a moisturizer
3. If you wear foundation, I strongly suggest Boots (dermatologist recommended)
4. DO NOT USE HAIR CONDITIONER!!!! public enemy #1

Internal: ........................(you are what you eat, don't eat crap)
5. DO NOT EAT DAIRY!!!! or any food containing dairy (ex: pizza). Dairy is flush full of hormones and will send your body's own hormones into a tailspin causing you to break out. PUBLIC ENEMY #1. No milk, ice cream, milkshakes, cottage cheese, yogurt, pizza, lasagna, etc
6. Drink lots of water
7. Eat lots of raw fruits & vegetables (an apple a day keeps the acne away)
8. Avoid soda and processed foods (think ramen or "just add water" types)

Hope this helps!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this back 3 months ago. Usually when buying a face product, I'll use it once in awhile and let it rot in my bathroom. Since I bought this, I haven't seem to be putting anything on my face but this! I dot breakout often unless it's that time of month, when i breakout alllll over my cheeks and forehead. None of that! And my face tends to get a bit oily, so I would wash my face with two types of cleansers and use witch haze to tone my face. My face would get pretty dry after that but applying this moisturizer, my face is so soft and flexible. I love this! And it's been 3 months and with using this almost 3 times a day, I'm no where done. P.S. Two pumps is enough for the whole face and neck.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by frooks

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only been using it for a week and so far so good. It really moisturizes my face, it leaves a really soft texture and my face isn't as oily, I am really impressed. I have used lots of other moisturizers like Proactiv, Philosophy, Cerave, La Roche Posay, BareMinerals, etc... and the Clean & Clear one is the one I most like of all of them. The only thing I don't like is the smell, not sure about it yet, it's not bad and it's not good...don't know yet. The price is good and you can always use a coupon and buy one get one 50% at most drugstores. I am glad I picked this moisturizer out of the blue, I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by xoxhannah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, first of all this moisturizer is like my angel sent straight from above.. I would personally like to thank Clean & Clear for inventing this product. I first bought it because I knew that I needed an oil free moisturizer for acne and I'm never going back to my old ways again. Anybody who is looking for something like this needs to get their hands on it right now. When I first started to use it, it didn't do much but then after about a week the magic started happening. My acne cleared up almost completely, just the odd zit every once in a while and soon all that was left was acne scars that I had before. After a while, even those scars started vanishing. The fact that its oil-free is great and it doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy. It is also the perfect moisturizer. Lots of people say it dries out their skin but it gives me the perfect amount of moisture. My skin is now smooth as a baby's bum and acne free! I'm high on life right now. Thank you Clean & Clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by petiterugger

I have been using this product for about six months now and have no regrets about it. I wash my face with Clean and Clear Advantage 3 in 1 Exfoliating Cleanser and follow it up with a healthy dosage of this fantastic stuff! This product helps to keep my skin clear without making it too oily. I love this!