December 20, 2014 | 1295 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

~Shade 102 Nude Buff~
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product, yet! I first discovered this when CVS had their annual cosmetic clearance and it was 75% off, several years back. I also tried out a pencil eyeliner(it was called minerals eyeliner) in brown that has become my HG, and is sadly discontinued!
I try out a lot of powders- and this is the only one that I have actually hit pan on. I use it on top of my foundation and it gives me a bit more coverage on areas that I need it. I press it in with a powder puff (using only a small amount) and then sweep off the excess with a powder brush. This powder is soft and smooth. It does not cake or look flat, just gives a nice full coverage look on top of foundation. I have an oily T-zone and it does not keep my skin matte throughout the day, but does well enough. I love this powder and would say it is better than a lot of high end products!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I initially bought this, it fell and the powder shattered. I was so upset I almost threw it out. I then decided to remove the contents and place them in an old useless mineral eyeshadow container (which had a sifter). I started to use this to set my foundation on mornings as I found this powder not travel friendly in its present location.

But let me say that this is a wonderful setting powder with a high level of covage. It can get powdery (as I have it in a loose form) so my face must be set by a setting spray. It absorbs oil for at least 4-5 hours and does not easly set into fine lines on the face.

It is very cheap and works really well. I just wished Milani would work on its packaging for their powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Fiache

I have fairly even, asian, normal-dry skin. I live in a humid climate and use this powder every day without breaking me out. I bought this one in "Honey beige" and it is a great match for NC37-NC40. After reading the reviews here I think this powder suits normal-dry skinned ladies than oily ladies. I got this online from Cherry culture since I live in Thailand. I heard this might be discontinued, but you can still find it there.
I have the Milani multitasker powder in light tan and tan as well which I adore and love til death do us part. It cost 7.99 when I purchased it and came in 6 different shades with pink, yellow and neutral undertones. It has a yellow tint to it and offers great coverage and gives you that kind of beautiful glow. I like using it alone as it's quite pigmented, but if I use to much it tend to look cakey. I would never use it in my T-zone as it gives a dewy finish.
The lasting power is great and it's very easy to blend.
The texture I would say is like a thin layer of potatoflour when swatched with the finger. The powder has more of a creamy feeling to it rather than dusty powder. Hence the glow effect!
It has a slight scent to it, not a bad smell (flowery smell) but nothing to overpowering. Those who are sensitive though might want to avoid this. It's talc-free and mineralbased. The packaging includes a under department with mirror and puff.

UPDATE: 14 May 2013. I use this every day now when I'm too lazy to use foundation. I put some concealer on and then put this on after with some bronzer and I'll be good to go. It gives me great coverage and a beautiful finish. A must have in my collection from now on!
Good luck trying it out!
UPDATE: 1 Dec, 2013. I'm a bit more tan right now, and I now use this only to set my concealer under my eyes. It's great cause it gives me that brightening affect. The multitasker I still use, but they are more matte and tiny bit darker/neutral than Honey beige, which make them more useful for evening out my skintone or mattify whatever I need.

I can't live live without these in my collection and I always stack up.
You will get a good amount of product (7.7 g) and since I use these every day I think the price is simply amazing for the quality you get!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a surprise! I got this on sale at CVS & now Milani Minerals Compact is 1 of my favorite face products!

The shade 102 Nude Buff matches me perfectly. I'm NC20, warm/ yellow skin, blonde hair & blue eyes. I have a hard time finding drugstore powders that are light & yellow enough. Nothing looks worse than a pink powdery face that doesn't match your body! Maybelline age rewind is close in color but I dislike the consistency. High end I use Clinique powder in 116 Gold. I'd actually say the Milani is a better color match for me.

I use Milani Minerals as a setting powder over MUFE foundation. I've sometimes used it as a powder foundation over a bb cream to provide more coverage. It looks lovely and doesn't cake up. It seems to wear well and have good lasting power, but I usually powder a few times throughout the day anyway. I wouldn't want a powder product to make my face dry & matte for hours at a time. This has a natural finish.

1 BIG PLUS for me with Milani Minerals is that it feels nice on my skin. I can't feel it. It doesn't make my face feel dry or tight or itch. I like Bare Minerals & other powders, but when I apply them my face itches horribly. The itch goes away after awhile, but I can usually still feel those products on my face if I've applied enough for full coverage.

Milani did a great job on this product. Highly recommend!!

NOTE: I hope the Milani brand starts getting more recognition and becomes more widely available. I'd like to see it in Target & Walmart. You know we are all over-paying at Walgreens & CVS! Recently I saw a small Milani section in 1 Target in NYC/ NJ region. It leads me to believe Target is testing the market. So ladies if we buy Milani & our Target has it, I suggest we get it there. If all Targets start carrying Milani, it'll be more widely available and affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by latemonroe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased for 75% off at CVS a few months ago, I just got around to trying it and now I wish I would have bought more! This powder is so smooth, so easy to apply, and really has great coverage. I also use it as a setting powder (a very tiny bit) and it makes my skin look perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by cheniece19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I honestly do like this product, especially being a drugstore powder! It blends very well into my skin and feel very light when you touch it. It is a light to medium coverage I would say, very nice but, the only cons I have about is its staying power and coverage. Otherwise, not bad Milani!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupphilanderer

I also got this at CVS for 20% off and it matches my skin perfectly. I like to wear liquid foundation a lot and sometimes pur minerals but since it was so cheap, I thought why not give it a try. I think this kicks pur minerals' butt! It makes my face look flawless but not at all powdery. It is also not as drying as pur minerals. I'm definitely gonna buy it again if I'm looking for a powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by satellite99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was 75% off at CVS which came to $2.36 including tax. That said, I was surprised at how well Honey Beige matched my very yellow undertone skin. Its slightly orange and will probably work better in the summer. I've been adding yellow color corrector to my Bare Essentials mineral powder and found this goes on so much quicker with less mess. The only problem was that I cannot use this wet because it sinks into my large pores and my face looks pock-marked which does not happen when I use it dry. At this price, I bought a back-up.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sbarboza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Soooooo, this product did not work for me. And I was surprised because I love Milani blush and just got their eyebrow pencil - with the great brush at the tip - bought during my little cvs spending spree. But this minerals powder turned my mildly oily t-zone into an oil slick. Although I did buy the wrong shade for my skin color (something - buff, it was 75% off), it was chalky. I returned it and bought maybelline dream matte powder in medium beige. I am really happy with it. My skin has stayed matte alllll day!! People! Matte all day? Ditch this Milani dud and go for the maybelline. It may be a few dollars more but, you know the rest...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by harmony888

Got this for $3 on sale at CVS!! Nude Buff is great, I mix it with my MUFE foundation in the day as a touch up powder!