August 1, 2014 | 1647 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Resilience Lift Extreme Ultra Firming Creme SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me just for $90 at only a few Oz.. I think it is way OVERPRICED!

There is a subtle scent, but it does most definitely have a scent. If you are looking for something without a smell this is not it. It has a slight lemon rose scent but the rose is very vague.

Does it work? I am a huge fan of Advanced night repair. If you are looking to spend lots of money get the ANR by EL. Far better than this product. This is not a good product if you are a greasy person. It seems to be fine for the super dry spots on my face.

It is very light. It does not disappear when you gently put it on. You can still feel it and it does last for a few hours. I wish they made this without the sunscreen. I think sunscreens can create more issues with products. I like my sunscreen separate.

It does firm the skin but no more than Olay or L'Oreal or even Neutrogena. If you have the money and no issues about spending it, get this. It won't be better than drug store products but you might feel like it is worth it.

I'd rather save my money for massages and manicures.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Strong, unpleasant, smell not worth getting use to because it was average at best. Too rich for daytime use, even on my dry skin. Very disappointing for such a high price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by librigeekgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pro: Seriously - most people estimate my age at 5-10 years less than it is - what can I say? I daily give thanks to EL and genetics.

Con: Oh, the price...

I have been using this product for about 5 years. The price is prohibitive (currently is Australia, it is around $150 for a 50ml jar - yikes), though a jar will do me at least 9 months.

I also have quite sensitive skin, and as you can tell, have used this product with no problems.

I have been using moisturiser for over 30 years, and this is my current favourite, has been for a while, and this is not likely to change in the foreseeable future.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ricebby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I apply this product moderately close to or around my eye area, it burns my eyes. I do not recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Lucky01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This face lotion was too heavy and is probably more suited for a mature age group, aged over-50 years old.........................................................

I am not sure if the SPF included caused my skin irritation or just the fragrance and heavy formula in general, contributed to giving me cystic acne on my jaw line (which I do not get from using my regular Clinique Moisture Surge Extra face lotion, which I has been my "regular go-to" for almost a decade)..................................................................................................

I only used this because it came in a 'gift with purchase' for some other Estee Lauder products purchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Deansdaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, blew a whole $100 on this product-the latest incarnation of Resilience Lift Extreme ultra firming face and neck creme, during their latest GWP campaign at Holtz. I worked for EL in the 90's and definitely appreciate the quality ingredients that go into their products - mostly. It's been a week and I definitely see a difference. It seems to have lightened some dark spots from teenage acne scars that had turned a little crepey. The skin around my jawline is tighter. I use ANR at night as well as this, which may be part of the effect.
Excellent moisture, lasts all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a moderately OK cream but for the price you pay, it's a bit disappointing performance wise.
First, the smell: I am not super sensitive to fragranced products but this is STRONG. It is a pleasant, sort of floral smell and it's rather nice to have a small sniff of but I just find it overpowering on my face. And it lingers longer than I'd like.
The texture: Firm to the point of buttery, not really creamy at all. Takes a while to absorb and can form little gooey rubbery sticky like balls if you rub it too much. Although I have have very dry skin (I'm on isotretinion) this is too heavy for me for daytime, which is a pity because the SPF 15 is a nice touch, but completely useless at night time, when most people prefer to use a richer cream.
The packaging: Pale lilac pink pot with a luxe gold lid, quite nice to look at, easy enough to use, but bulkier than I prefer.
The performance: Hard to say, considering I've only used it half a dozen times so I haven't noticed any firming or lifting yet (and didn't expect to) but I did a night by night comparison with Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream, which is the closest approximation I had in my stash.
Olay wins hands down, nicer texture, absorbs faster and my skin feels noticeably smoother in the morning. I think I'll stick with that instead...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by MaryBulychev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've already used 30 ml and very much satisfied with this product. For me it is a very good moisturizer, gives nice glow, not oily shimmer. Nice smell, as all EL skin care products have. No breakouts, no allergy. Somehow it calms my skin. Goes very good under foundation. I have pale and tired looking skin, and this creams gives to it some more vivid look. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It seems people are really divided on this product and I can see why, it's easy to mismatch or misuse a moisturizing cream. I love this so much-- I love it moon and stars!
My skin is dry in the cold months and this does wonders. The scent is, well, yes, it smells like a floral adult cream, it fades fast and doesn't bother me. If you're oily or normal/oily, this isn't really for you, try the lighter lotion formulation of this.
I use this either AM or PM , as I don't practice skincare 2x a day, :) , I exfoliate and pat a small amt of the cream on, leave it sit to soak in a few mins before primer or m/u!! It drinks in and leaves my skin looking healthy and supple. And no flakies, EVER!
The built in sun filters are excellent. And best of all-- after two weeks use, it has cleared up a significant amount of unevenness and bumpiness, I wasn't expecting that at all! My face looks much clearer and the longer I use it, the better it gets. Very happy and will repurchase.

Update- 4 months later and I'm loving it same as ever, no change in lippies...my skin looks as good as it has ever looked in my adult life, with this I have found a great routine: I use a physical exfoliator at least 2x a week, Aveda's exfoliating Botanical Kinetics toner (another big love) and this cream, my face is very happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by CTansimore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have found this to be a great daytime moisturizer. It really does firm and provides a good makeup base. I am pleased with it. To be honest, if you are really concerned about the sun, wear a hat and sunglasses (nothing else will truly work). Also -- many cannot tolerate chemical sunscreens in products. I find the 2.5 oz jar to be the best value. Update: I have just moved my rating to 5 stars. This is a terrific daytime moisturizer. My skin looks fantastic without makeup. Since I turned 40, my skin started to change and it has taken me a while to find the right product. My skin has become dewy, firm and refined. I just think this is a product specifically designed for more mature skin. I think it one of Estee Lauder's best.