July 22, 2014 | 1232 users online

Fragrances - Juliette has a Gun - Lady Vengeance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had been debating about whether or not to buy this one for years. Every time I came across a bottle I would test it, and then think 'but I have other rose patchoulis'. Which is true, but I never wear them. I finally caved in when I found it on sale, and now I wish I hadn't waited so long. This is very much like Lumiere Noire with less skank, and on a smaller scale. Comparing the two comes down to two ways of looking at perfumery - 'perfume as art' vs 'perfume as toiletry.' As much as I love perfume, and appreciate that it is a creative expression, most of the time I just want to smell nice and not weird. LN was made for Catherine Deneuve and does indeed smell like the sort of thing you would catch on the air standing 50 feet away from where she is on the red carpet, for example. It's a massive fragrance and not something I could wear under any circumstances in my normal life. And in turn it was modelled on the type of Middle Eastern attar which seems to smell best if it's muffled by an abaya. LV is a pocket-sized version of this theme. Less skank, less sillage, more rose-y. For me that's a positive, although some will feel differently I'm sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I expected a deep, mysterious rose and patch combo with a bit of naugthiness or dirt, and got three hours of good old Tocade instead. I love my cuddly Tocade, however she is everything but Lady Vengeance.

Medium sillage and good lasting power though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by laurensaskia

Beautiful scent. Very unique. Smells so luxurious. Some reviews say it smells mature but I don't think this is the case at all. It is just unique and a lot different to the sickly sweet fragrances that are being introduced these days.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Lankaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this for about a week and I love it - it smells a bit 'mature' (like my grandma ) for the first half hour but then once it dries down the fragrance is amazing!! I keep finding myself bringing my wrists toward my nose..... It's a very sexy fragrance , very cute packaging and very expensive (but worth it)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Aliakatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered a sample vial of this perfume to see if I would like it and I am in love.

The note in this perfume are fairly simple, consisting of: bulgarian rose, vanilla, and patchouli. Despite the simplicity, this is an extremely seductive fragrance. I will be rushing out to buy a full sized bottle now!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 5:08:00 AM More reviews by aceybabe

This is dark, sensual and a little bit dirty. I fell in love with this today and after swearing I would buy no more perfumes for 6 months out came the credit card. There's is something so seductive about this scent. It's mysterious, earthy and SO sexy. I probably won't be using it as an everyday scent but save it for dates or nights out as it makes me feel like doing bad things... ;) It's just bumped all my other fumes down a notch. Sorry guys.
EDIT: This has just been surpassed by "Not a perfume" from Juliette has a gun.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

I ordered an entire set of sample vials from Juliette has a Gun and this was my absolute favorite of the bunch.
This to me is rose with an edge. The vanilla is not at all sweet and the patchouli is not at all strong or something that I would consider hippie-ish. It's a nice soft, inoffensive patch that gives the rose and vanilla a dark, sexy kick. As of right now this is my HG, and I have an extensive fragrance collection. The price is a bit steep so I'm hoping this bottle lasts for a while.
Also...my hubby who things all perfume pretty much smells the same, loves this on me. That's really saying something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

Love love love! It is a rather simplistic fragrance that's true, the only notes I've seen listed are rose, patchouli, and I think vanilla? Anyway I love this from start to finish, the dry down is still clearly rose but not your grandmas old fashioned rose, it is given a seductive almost masculine take by the subtle patchouli, I love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

This fragrance is sensual, seductive, and mysterious, but with an ethereal quality - a dark, sweet, vanilla-kissed rose on a bed of warm, soft, musky, subtle patchouli, which becomes more personal as it wears. It conjures the image of a Renaissance woman in a red, satin corset awaiting her lover (or maybe that's merely my alter ego?). This is NOT my grandmother's rose, much to my delight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first tried this, I was expecting to be underwhelmed and kinda rolled my eyes at the description, but it turns out that I really love this scent. Lady Vengeance is actually my favorite rose fragrance.
Lady Vengeance isn't perfumey or sharp or overly sweet. The vanilla smells cool and clean, with a subtle sweetness. The rose is dry & gothic smelling and has a very "I am a sensual and confident woman" sense for me. And the patchouli doesn't smell like patchouli at all to me, but there's something almost masculine here, like a whiff of leather jacket and shaving cream underneath the vanilla and rose.
It's confident, cool and classy, but also sensual and mysterious, and it has this total edge to it that says "don't mess with me." It's just the right mix of sweet and clean elements with a darker slice to it.