July 25, 2014 | 1790 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Sunscreen Fair

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by dianaschu

I add a little bit of sunscreen bronzer to it and it turns into a perfect base for around my eyes for under eyeshadow. But the main reason I do it is because of some sun protection. Like most people I can't use chemical sunscreens around my eyes (it stings!) plus any cream on my lid during the day will melt my makeup away, so this is perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ConfusionTolerance

So far like this product. According to EM it has a SPF of 30. Have not had much time to see how much this protects me as I rarely go out in the sun for a long periods of time, especially middle of the day, but this doubles as a light foundation and the fair shade works great as an under eye concealer. I finally broke down and got the Light shade because it works better as an all-over face color. It has a slight peach undertone similar to the Light-warm foundation. Giving it a 3 until I see how well it protects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I really like this. It's just a little lighter then the foundation and doesn't wear particularly well. But the color is a great match for my skin and it really blends well. One of the other reviewers compared it to a tinted moisturizer and they're right. UPDATE: I love this more everytime I use it and am definitely going to repurchase. I use it a little of the multitasking concealer for my acne scars and dark circles and while it doesn't hide my imperfections, it does make them much less obvious and it seriously looks like I'm wearing no makeup if you buff good enough. It relly seems to help my face look smoother to without creating a mask. Seriously HG product for me right now.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by shazzer65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the color, love the texture, too bad I can't wear it. My face starts to itch about 10-15 minutes after applying this, so its going on the swap list.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by originalgeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product actually works. I put some on my face yesterday before I went out for a 1.5 hour walk. I didn't put sun screen anywhere else. The tops of my shoulders burnt, but my face is fine! I recommend a healthy dusting to ensure maximum coverage, but you don't really have to worry about it looking cakey. I probably put on three layers of the stuff and it still looked natural. The texture is a very fine powder that blends into your skin very well. I will probably use this as my foundation on days that I'm going to be outside and don't need a particularly heavy coverage. When I went on vacation I layered this over my regular EM foundation and I didn't get burned there either.

For shade reference I am fairly pale (I wear Sandy Fair in EM) but they do have several shades so get a sample (free!) and try it for yourself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

one lippie off because the lightest colour is a tad too dark on me, but this is a great product. I use this over mineral sunscreen and it gives a nice light/med. coverage, and a little extra sun protection w/o looking heavy or screaming that I have makeup on; I think of it as a powdered tinted moisturizer. a great way to cut the white cast of a lot of mineral sunscreens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another winner from EM! I wanted a good high SPF sunscreen that didn't cause oilies or add more shine to my already shiny t-zone and this is perfect. I often use this alone on my no-makeup days because it evens things out just enough without looking 'made up', or over my regular foundation (Intensive Golden Fair or warm Neutral) as a finishing powder. Never breaks me out and doesn't break the bank account, either. Thank you EM for bringing us this wonderful line of products!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by iceboi

Wanted to use a sunscreen without chemicals and just dusting this gives me SPF30 with just only 4 ingredients. Sounded like a good deal..... Well it definetly was. This fair sunscreen is perfect for my asian skin tone. The shade is familiar to Multi-task Concealer although I thought this stuff would mess my skin up after foundation application since I use Light Warm and this is just totally another shade I buffed this stuff on and wow my skin seemed to look better more flawless and blends in well with with the foundation I was using. Also using this alone made my skin tone even well. And I'm happy that I'm getting the added sun protection. The only thing i didn't like was probably the added ingredient of silicone this makes the powder into a creamy paste when you swirl your brush in it. I would definetly re-purchase well infast i'm already stocked up on 3 jars..... The packaging can be better since most of Everyday Mineral jars are not tightly sealed when they arrived so be careful wehn using!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by heileres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is fantastic. I am actually allergic to UV rays and sunscreen is vital. Of course, I have the added bonus of being allergic to chemical sunscreens, so I'm left with zinc oxide and in the crushed form it is just amazing. What a nice touch. I still use Dermalogica's SPF 30 face lotion before applying anything, but then once my makeup is set I use the sunscreen to finish everything off and I just love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice, light powder that applies easily. The color is very natural (not too pink/peach). I have dry skin -- and this seems to highlight the flakes and other dry bits, so it is not for me. This might work well for someone who is fair with normal/oily skin.