July 22, 2014 | 1963 users online

Highlighters - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Shimmer in Golden Poppy

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

At some point, I've owned all three of these Mega Shimmers, and the gold was the one that I liked the best. However, considering that I only rate it 3 stars, I didn't like it that much. The weird square box has a screw top lid, which is just awkward to try to open or close because powder gets in there a lot. Also, it is easy to pick up too much with your brush and make a mess everywhere. These things smell good, but it's easy to inhale too much- I speak from experience. I love the look that it gives, though- very golden, angelic glow. Gorgeous, but impractical. Sadly, it just didn't live up to my expectations. It is cheap, though, so that's one plus of trying these guys out. So, yeah- gorgeous product, but too many negatives for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It's so pretty. I don't really know why I bought it either than the fact that I suddenly love Wet n' Wild and hadn't seen this product before. I love golds on my eyes. I came home and opened it up to find that this is not an eyeshadow and would probably be rediculously messy on the eyes.

The color is a gorgeous gold with very tiny glimmer (no big chunky sparkles). This would be great as a body highlighter or cheekbone highlighter.

I honestly don't remember how much I paid for this. It was probably less than $2.00. I highly recommend this little highlighter.

I took one lippie off because I think the packaging is cheap and the little dispenser under the lid does not stay on. If I were to tip it and use it as it is intended, all the powder would fall out with the cheesy little dispenser. Good concept, but bad packaging. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sarahjf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice, fine shimmer- true gold color. I think its nice on the body, but doesnt have much staying power on my eyes (lots of fall-out) It wasnt intended as an eyeshadow, though which is why I give it 5 lippies for a body shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by kak513

Hooray! Summer's coming again, and that means I need to sparkle. Since I wear sunscreen on my chest and arms pretty much nine months out of the year, (live in SoCal by the beach) it makes a great base to get the shimmer to stick on and last all day.
For whatever reason, shimmery powder has been disappearing from my local drugstores lately, and I had to go to several to find the glitter I craved. It seems like lots of companies aren't making it anymore, or perhaps it's just too early? I used to use EM "light pink" but their formula has changed from a super-glowy mega-sparkly pink to a flatter, babypowder-esque product, much to my sadness, so I had to look elsewhere. I grabbed the WnW white version and the gold version from RiteAid last week, and I when just checked the WnW website to find the right name of this stuff, I noticed they have a light pink too!! I will definitely be on the prowl for that.
This comes in a little plastic square with a screw-on top and clear container. There is a shaker underneath the lid, which shocked me. I bought these for $0.99 each, so a classy container I was not expecting. My original plan was to just dump these right into my lotion bottle, but it will waste less just to give them a few shakes onto my suncreen-coated arms in the morning and then rub it in. I tried them this morning, and now at the end of the day my arms still look fabulous - just slightly sheeny. Another reason I love wearing shimmers so much is that when I do a terrible job of fake tanning from a spray or bottle, the sparkle helps even out my skin tone - so very useful for the coming months. These are really fine-milled, so I might even dare to use them on my cheeks - especially if I can ever find the aforementioned pink.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by alka1

Sorry, but these shimmer products by Wet N' Wild are nothing special. Glitter spilled everywhere upon opening mine. You get what you pay for in the Make up world - unfortunately I learned that the hard way. This product would be good for a halloween project or a fun look where you have shiny glowy glitter on your face. I'll stick to Mac's MSF which offer a beautiful natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love gold shimmer. I have to admit I go crazy for it. I was looking at Wet N Wild cosmetics the other day and discovered this little gem. Its so beautiful. It reminds me of Pout's Angel Sparkle which I didn't pay 4.77 for! Anyways, this is a nice gold soft shimmer. Not huge chunks of glitter. I did a swatch of it in the display picture if you want to see. Its so beautiful. I just love it<3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mrsliliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I wanted the LE Chanel gold highlighting dust (i'm not sure of the name) bc they did my makeup last week for a wedding i was in. i LOVED the way that highlighter looked and made my skin absolutely luminous. it translated excellently on photos too, which made my skin just glow, all throughout the night. it is the most beautiful highlighter. the problem is, the price., it's $75!!!!!!! that is just outrageous, no matter how gorgeous this product is. it's almost like photoshop in a bottle though, i mean, it really is that good.

so i know if i looked obsessively enough i could find a less expensive alternative and sure enough, i found this hidden little gem. it is not as finely milled of course, but does give you that hint of glow, that luminous inner glow that we're looking for in a highlighter. i loved the price and i thought the container was really cute. it gives a very nice sheen, i apply it densely with a big eyeshadow brush over the tops of my cheeks, and if i had a party to go to i'd dust it all over shoulders, decolletage, etc. this stuff is great!! go get some!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by spaghetina

Just picked this stuff up, and I have to say, it's great! For anyone looking for a true gold shimmer anywhere, cheeks, eyes, lips, collarbones... this is the product for you. There aren't any large glitter chunks, although the product is a little dual-personaltied; part is a larger shimmer particle, and part (most) is a super, super finely milled gold powder that imparts a gorgeous sheen. After wearing it for a little while, the larger shimmer particles get toned down (or fall off?), leaving behind a beautiful, golden hued sheen. Not shiny, not greasy-looking, not glittery, just glow!

I tried a friend's MAC pigment in some sort of gold shade (at least, I think it was a pigment, I can't even remember now), and it was EXACTLY like this, but you can bet it cost more than the $2.99 this cost me.

The packaging is fine, unlike some of the other WnW products, where the packaging is just abysmal. It's a little square cube, as someone else mentioned, with a sifter top, that allows you to just shake out a bit of the product at a time. I bought another color, but haven't tried it yet. If it's half as impressive as this was, I'll be back to review that one too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This comes in a cute cube container with a sifter top inside. I love it because it's very fine particles of shimmer rather than chunky glitter. The color is a light gold. I just got this, and I mixed a little in with my body lotion and it looks fabulous! This would look so nice with a tan, like you were glowing. Another winner from Wet n Wild!