November 21, 2014 | 1725 users online

Masks - Gunilla of Sweden - Lerosett Clay Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am currently using Clinique's Acne solution foaming cleanser, clarifying lotion and during the day the clearing gel (the new one) I see serious improvement with this regimen but it does not aid in getting rid of the scarring that naturally forms once cystic acne is gone. I am no longer breaking out unless I have a serious hormonal situation going on. Lerosett is probably the best spot treatment and mask I have tried. It is a clay that really exfoliate my pores and helps reduce my red marks and discoloration, as well as tightening my skin and making it feel very soft. My good friend who is an esthetican recommended it to me with great enthusiasm and she says it is great for a number of skin issues. I still think you need to be using an acne regimen along with this product, but within a few uses I noticed a dramatic difference in the feel and look of my face. It is pricey but you only have one face!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Xquizit1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mild moderate acne and was sick of using all these products with all kind of chemicals, so I researched organic natural and ran into lerosett website and so I tried the free trail. You get the clay and a free bottle of there moisture matte moisturizer. This stuff just dried my face out but it did help a little with getting some black heads out. Not gonna clear up your acne though. Its very expensive for a 2oz bottle of clay $34 and doesn't last very long at all. I found the same kind of clay 8oz for way cheaper and use that when my skin gets too oily and help with blackheads. This product isn't worth the money people don't be fooled by there nice website which I found wasn't consistent with the ingredients they post on it. Because the moisturizer I got had different ingredients then was stated ontheir site, So Watch Out!!!! I wrote two emails to them about that and never got a response. So be smart and don't be fooled by the claims or fancy website saying organic because their products besides the clay contain chemicals, and the clay you can get for way cheaper and that work better and don't dry your skin up and make your skin eventually break out worst. Yea right purging!!!! I had to join and make a real review because I was one of the people who came on here looking for reviews before I went and purchased and was fooled by these 5 lips which probably written by their own people. Don't be fooled

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would have given this 2 lippies, but because of the FAKE reviews (COME ON, DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU ARE BEING BELIEVABLE WHEN YOUR ONLY REVIEW IS FOR THIS PRODUCT???) I'll drop it to 1.

Having said that, this mask is just an average clay mask. It won't heal acne, that's an absurd claim. It may help *temporarily* minimize the size of pores and cut down oiliness, but that's it.
It is thin in consistency and easy to spread, and boy does it feel tight as soon as it starts drying (which it does pretty fast). I can't keep it on more than 5-7 minutes, it becomes too painful - and I wonder if all that serious pulling can cause wrinkles.

Pretty easy to wash off too, and I'd recommend using a good moisturizer after.

I don't have acne at the moment, I just use it once/week for pore refining, but I can't say it does much. There are much better and cheaper clay masks out there.

PS - I had bought and used the moisturizer as well - another ineffective product. That one went in the trash pretty fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Osarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried everything single product on the market for blemishes, aztec clay mask, african black soap, de la cruz sulfur ointment, caudalie, avene, toleriane, effaclar, dermalogica, clarins, la mer, clinique, mario badescu, apple cider vinegar, etc. This product gave me more results than anything I tried so far. It reduced significantly the oiliness of my skin and I haven't had any new breakouts since using it. It's been a week. Some of the stubborn pimples which would not heal also are closed now. I am impressed and will recommend it to acne prone skin. Please follow the instructions, only put a very thin almost transparent layer twice a day for 10mns and wash.
It is worth trying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kookykitty

I have oily acne prone skin that has been kept under control through monthly professional acne facials(includes extractions and exfoliation/peel), diet, exercise, and acne control skincare composed of benzoyl peroxide every night, salicylic toner, salicylic face wash, and non comedogenic sunblock. I decided to look into organic skincare and tried Lerosett based on the glowing reviews. I started off using it just as a spot treatment post professional extraction for a stress induced cystic acne breakout I got on my chin. It helped to further draw out remaining drainage and the pimple seemed to heal quickly. Impressed, I made the decision to use the Lerosett as directed for the rest of my face. I then found myself breaking out. According to what I've read, this is supposed to be normal and is from my skin "purging". It does not work as well on these new cystic acne that has not been extracted/treated via a facial, though. I found it causes the pimple to get more irritated and redder. The area surrounding the pimple becomes slightly inflamed as well. After a few days, pimples flattens out some(not completely, it remains slightly raised) and I am left with discoloration at the site. So, now about a month after using this product, I find myself with discolored slightly raised bumps and more acne than I bargained for. To be honest, I wish I had stuck with my regular skincare routine. I will continue to use it as a spot treatment for any stubborn cystic acne that may pop up but will otherwise go back to my old routine.

Fellow MUAers, please be sure to not only read these reviews, check the user profiles to see if these are actual fellow MUAers writing genuine reviews. I am only now checking those glowing reviews below and finding most are written by people who joined solely to write the 5 lippie review and are not posting, swapping, or writing any other reviews. I am disappointed that I did not take the time to investigate the reviews fully before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by DolphinLuvr

This is definitely a real review, it works. But everyone skin is different. A little of the clay mask goes all long way. If your skin is too irritated then maybe you are using too much. I use the OTC cleasner, clay mask, and Healing Serum. I am going to order the toner next time. A great thing with this compnay is that you get a FREE full size product with each order. Therefore, you can try a lot of their products for free which I think is fantastic! All of their products are top notch. I know, I am 35 and have has problem skin since I was 11 yrs old. I have been to numerous doctors with no avail. I believe I have digestion issues from the years of antibotic use. This is why I was searching for a "natural" solution to my acne. Yes, I have cystic acne as well. I still get the occasional breakout and bump, however this product helps them go away quickly with miminal scarring. The serum I use in place of a moisturizer. I was not too impressed with the moisturizer that comes with the clay. It made my skin oiler even though it says it doesn't. The serum works great at making pores smaller and has helped my fine lines and dark circles under my eyes. It also helps my makeup to stay on longer with no breakouts. I have been using the products for 6 months and my skin is MUCH clearer than it was when I started using the product. I am on my 3rd tube of the clay. I also ordered the vitamins, but have yet to take them as directed so I cannot say whether they work or not. I believe taking vitamins is good for you anyhow so I am sure it couldn't hurt. The bottom line is I am a Leorsett customer for life. I wish everyone with problem skin knew about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by hermosa35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have being using Lerosett for about 2 weeks now and use the lotion and the clay. I spot treat only the pimples that i have and i leave the clay on overnight. In the morning it actually brings out drainage. I spot treat evernight and my pimples will be gone in 2 to days. I have cystic acne so i really love this product. My daughter has severe acne as well and her inflamation on the pimples have also gone down tremendously. I love it. Just one thing, you will breakout a little more than usual since it is cleaning deep down to the pores, but is is well worth it. After that put on the lotion and add your own moisterizer for extra protection. I would recommend it to everyone. Hey what works for me may not work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by destdoesmakeupbest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

okay after reading reviews, yes reviewwss that i consider "real" about lerosett (because so many people say there all fake reviews) i decided to purchase it. im 18years old. i have oily acne prone skin. i recieved it in the mail 2days ago. i have used it both days morning an night for 15minutes each time. i use the clay mask as directed on dry skin, doesnt say wet face, it just says apply to skin (makeup free of coarse) and follow with their lotion. so far im excited. "yaaa yaaa how can u say it works its only been 2days!?" already knw someone will put that haha but my skin texture seems smother an i have had no new breakouts. an before i normally get, no joke like 2 new break outs every day it sucked. but so far noo breakoutts yayy! at first when i tried it...i cant even explain the feeling (didnttt likeee itttt) it was tightning (which i expected with clay duhh its suppose to dry an harden) but it felt like every pore on my face was being squeezed and was throbbing an it kinda itched. the second day my skin was more use to it an it didnt itch. but i soley made an account on here to review this for u guys, so u knw that im real. i will updat every 2 daysss! reaalll review, real person, not sponsereddd, teen that has acne. -destany

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Angelica314

This has been a great product for my skin. I've bought about 4 tubes already, and it can get expensive but FOR ME nothing else compares. I tried simply buying Rasul clay (the main ingredient) but that didn't work. I've had cystic severe acne for three years now and this is my honest opinion, I don't know about other reviewers and fake praise, but this product got rid of about 95% of my acne. Nothing else has ever come this close and worked for so long. I guess the five percent is because I am in my teens and there is always that time of the month. They have the best service I've seen and I never pay full price because of coupons I find online (usually 15% off) and right now I just reordered using a code they send for members that gives you 20% off plus a free serum with no min purchase. It's a great company, and there's no need to bash it if it didn't work for you. This is how skin is, some things don't work for us. I was lucky enough to have this line work for me, but I've certainly tried out many products. Right now my skin is getting more and more healthier thanks to primarily this mask. I am certain that it's this because like I said when I stopped using it bought Rasul clay all my cysts came back, but thankfully this works very quickly.I've also tried other masks and they haven't worked for me. I think that anyone with around $29 should give it a try because after all finding the right product is personal and this won't work for everyone, but it worked for me and maybe it'll work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Kimbela11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK Im just gonna say it's the best. I am 46 years old and got acne from a hormonal issue. I have been taking medication but I still got a really bad breakout. It was so bad I had to call out from work for several days because I was so embarrassed. I searched high and low on the web for something to get rid of this cystic acne. then i got an email from Gunilla of Sweden about there product Lerosett. after seeing and reading about other people with the same problem that received results i gave it a try. OMG where has this product been? IT IS GREAT, WITHIN 2 YES I SAID 2 DAYS MY CYSTIC ACNE STARTED TO HEAL AND GO AWAY. THIS PRODUCT GETS AN " A " FROM ME. YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT A TRY. I KNOW YOU DOON'T NO ME BUT TRUST ME IT WORKS.