VMV Armada Face spf 30

3.7

Active Ingredients: Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid 5%, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane 2%, Titanium Dioxide 0.67%. Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Laurate, Ceteareth-20, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Polymethyl Methacrylate

on 10/11/2012 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's the best sunscreen that I've tried so far--and I have very sensitive skin.

on 1/6/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like this sunblock a lot because it doesn't give me break outs. Still, it leaves a whitish cast to my face that's hard to disperse. VMV keeps increasing the price on its products and I think that I can find other sunblocks that could do the job better for that amount, or find something that works equally well for less.

on 4/1/2010 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This sunscreen is amazing. I have tried hundreds of facial sunscreen products, and nearly every single one burns my skin, causes me to turn beet-red, makes me look like an oil-slick, and then gives me a terrible rash and/or breakout. Not only is this product very sheer and light, but I have had no reaction to it whatsoever. I wear it under my MU daily, and it hydrates just enough, but keeps me from looking oily. I also have the Armada SPF 60 for Face and Body, but that one is super sticky--to the point where it is hard to put your clothing on after you spread it on your skin. But the SPF 30 for the face is definitely a keeper. Dare I say HG?

on 2/28/2009 5:43:00 AM

so far this is the best sunscreen that ive tried. so im sticking to it. ive been using this for so many years now. very lightweight!

on 5/30/2008 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's lightweight and goes on sheer. I love that it's not thick and gooey like most sunscreens, and that it doesn't reek of chemical. Actually I don't remember any particular smell. It's a plus for me that it's hypoallergenic since my skin's really sensitive. Didn't break me out. But it did get me looking shiny around noon.

on 1/30/2008 8:18:00 PM

UPDATE: I am changing my rating, because I have found the perfect and best sunblock, Sofina.
This is the only sunblock that doesn't break me out. I have tried moisturizers with spfs and spfs alone of drugstore brands (Nivea, Olay) as well as high end ones (Estee Lauder), and I always end up having pimples on my forehead. I think it has to do with the ingredients and the fragrance. VMV Armada Face Cover spf30 is lightweight, and the biggest variant is quite cheap, considering the number of months you can use it (and not sparingly, bec one can use a high end brand, but bec of the price, one can end up using just a bit, which defeats the purpose of using a sunblock). This is also fragrance free, preservative free, and is hypoallergenic, non-sticky, and doesn't leave you a whitish layer on the face. It also does its job as a sunblock, protecting your skin from uva and uvb rays as well as indoor sources and heat i think, as it says in the package. I have tried the spf45, but I break out with that one, i guess because the ingredients are different. That one is a bit thick too, so it changes the color if powder/foundation, making you look whiter, most probably because of the high spf. I am sticking with the spf30 as my sunblock.

on 4/18/2007 12:15:00 AM

This face sunblock was highly recommended to me so I immediately purchased it with high hopes. Ugh! What a disappointment. When applied, it left a whitish cast on my face and changed the color of my foundation. Complete waste of money for me. Will never buy again.