August 2, 2014 | 1292 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Countryside Eye Shadow

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used Countryside for a brown eyeshadow until I discovered In the Garden and Starry Eyed. Compared to these shades, I just don't like Countryside anymore. I always felt like it was too lightly pigmented to be used as a crease color and it looked weird as a allover lid color on me. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Countryside is a rusty color on me, nicely pigmented w/ some shimmer but the shimmer doesnt show up unless the lights or sun is hitting it so sometimes it actually looks matte on me. Probably wouldnt rebuy because I'm just not so sure about this color on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I think rusty is an excellent description for this color. Its nice, I certainly dont have any other color just like it although I did think the color would have a bit more depth to it than it does....I really need to pile it on to make a smokey eye for example. Its not the greatest eye shadow I own but I do use it here and there but I probably wouldnt buy it again simply because I probably wont ever run out of the large size I have.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh. The color itself doesn't look that great on me, it's a bit dark but the swatch on EDM's site is accurate. What bothers me is that the sparkles are very noticable and seem to seperate from the pigment.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by stiera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous rusty brown color. It has red and orange sparkles to it that really come out when applied wet. It also has a subtle silver sheen that really complements the base brown very well. The quality is phenomenal when applied with a good brush, but can be difficult to blend out if applied with a lower quality brush. It's dark enough that it can be used as an eyeliner when applied wet. It's a good day-to-evening color and can be used with most eye colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love EM eyeshadows but this color just didn't work for me. I have pale skin and green eyes and this sparkly medium orangey brown made me look rather worn out and sick. Might work better in summertime when I have a slight tan. I always use these with an eyeshadow primer which means they last all day. Don't know how well they'd do on their own. The downside with these finely milled very pigmented beauties it that you end up with quite a lot on your face and in the sink, so it's good applying makeup in the rest of the face after applying EM eyeshadows, might feel wrong but will save you a lot of work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a gingery light brown with a touch of bronzey sparkle. It deepens with the third layer and makes for a subtle smoky eye. Mixed with a clear gloss, it makes for a velvety, dark nude sort of color--a reddish color with a touch of brown, but a tiny bit of gray in it to tone it way down and make it quite serious and early '90s. I sorta like it, but it's not going to be the most versatile color for me (BTW: I wear Light-Warm and generally prefer peachy-pinks). Applied wet, the color really comes alive--it's a chestnut color with a subtle, almost blue-toned pewter gleam and lots of silver shimmers that make the shadow look almost wet. Beautiful neutral!

Quality is decent, worse than Bare Escentuals, but far better than Alima. The value makes up for it, though--I got a small jar of this (larger than a sample jar and filled to the brim) for only 2.50 USD, which should last me for a very long time, even if I use this everyday. I like this, and the low cost makes it not as much of a gamble to buy before trying since samples can be hard to get ahold of (for free, I mean).
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2007 3:29:00 PM More reviews by hilli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a HG color. It looks ver Taupey on my eyes, yet classy and warm with a lovely depth to it without being overpowering. It looks beautiful on my green eyes. On my hand, it looks tan with an almost blue sheen to it but the blue doesn't really show anywhere else. Here is the coolest part: It is about the best natural looking lip color I have ever tried. Honestly, it's gorgeous! You wouldn't guess it was the same color as your eye makeup. It's like this product searches out what color it needs to be to be beautiful on that feature and it conforms to it (I haven't tried it as blush yet). The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it is so messy. I really hate loose eye powder for eyes and cheeks. Please, oh please turn this into a pressed powder and I swear I will forsake all other eye shadows and lipsticks (except MAC satin taupe, that is being buried with me, lol)