April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - HiColor High Lift Hair Color

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by BGlopez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Magenta! this product is amazing the color comes out nicely every time

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't let my rating fool you. The only reason I'm rating it 5 lippies is purely at the fact that it indeed turned my virgin black hair into a dark burgundy with a lot of pink undertones, meaning the product successfully lightened my hair without having to pre-bleach.. I originally had a few "peekaboo" highlights that were bleached blonde with my black hair and it looked amazing. After becoming too impatient I gave in a bought this in MAGENTA. Omg. I have really nice tan bronze skin and the color looks good. The highlights however became the dealbreaker. They turned hot pink. and by hot pink I mean the kind that look stupid on a 21 year old college student. Lol. Anyways, I really am pleased with the color that it turned out to after having it on the bottom half of my hair for 20min & finally applying to the roots for the last ten minutes. honestly to avoid hot roots, just start in 5 minute increments. Even applying to my roots for the last 10 minutes didn't let me avoid brighter roots but mine is manageable.

** Keep in mind on blonde hair, this stuff turns HOT PINK.

If you're like me and kind of freak out everytime you see yourself with a pink haircolor in the mirror but don't want to re-dye it right away to avoid damage, wearing black & different shades of pink (only some will work) help as well as wearing darker eyeliner. I really was unsure about my color but I feel better with my semi mermaid hair now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Pumaflex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love vibrant red hair and have always been deeply disappointed with regular boxed dye. I started using vampire red manic panic to color my hair but I'd have to re dye almost every week to keep the red the way I wanted it. A friend of mine recommended loreal hi color hi lights. I went to Sally's and bought the magenta instead of the red ( the red hair swatch looked too orange/red for my liking) I grabbed a bottle of 40 volume developer and went home. I researched on how it would turn out and I went ahead with dying with my fingers crossed. I was a bit scared of the 40 vol developer making my hair too light but I was presently surprised that it gave me exactly the results I wanted. I left the product in my hair for a total of 20 minutes instead of the full 30 minutes and I still achieved a beautiful red with vibrant magenta undertones. Most recommend a 2nd dye to get an even more vibrant color but I decided what the 1st dye accomplished is bright enough. Compared to manic panic which pretty much stains your hair, the loreal hi color bled out very little after the first shampoo since dying. This dye is by far the best I've ever used. I will never go back to boxed dye again! If you are looking for an intense red/magenta and your hair is dark...use this product!! I will say though, my hair is naturally dark brown but has been dyed over many many times. Everyone has different hair so some hair might not take to the color as well as mine did. If this is your first time dying your hair without using boxed dye, do your research, buy the correct developer for your hair, and for the results you want to achieve.
I am absolutely in LOVE with my hair, I think it looks stunning with my very pale skin complexion and compliments my green eyes. It is a color that pops and will turn heads.
The damage done with the developer is almost a 0 out of 10. I do notice my hair a tad drier then before but it's nothing a deep conditioning won't fix. There was barely any fumes but I always color my hair in the bathroom with the window open, some reviews on here said the fumes made them sick for days but I barely noticed any smell, if anything, I did smell a pleasant fragrance though, probably from the developer I used. Of course, use gloves because it will stain your skin a bit. I don't usually review products but I had to make an account on here just so I could! I have no complaints about this product, I'm so glad I switched from manic panic to loreal hicolor, although one of the biggest reasons I choose manic panic was because it did no damage to my hair because there was no developer used, I will take the minimal damage loreal does to my hair because the color lasts SOOOOOO much longer and is more vibrant than manic panic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Gorgeous used with 30 weight clear developer. Left on 30 minutes and got a beautiful cherry red to burgundy ombre in my hair. My natural color is a very dark charcoal brown that I had dyed Garnier Intense Light Auburn but that stripped my hair too much. Do recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by princessho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing! Made my dark brown hair a deep red color with no bleach at all. Would and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by piinky313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went out and bought the magenta today. I originally went to Sally's to buy it in red, but they were out of stock. I paid around $6.50 for it. Opened the package and inside is one small tube. I mixed the entire tube with 20 volume developer. I did this because I started with faded red hair with blonde highlights. The product is somewhat chunky. I applied it to my hair and left it on for about 30 minutes. I only needed one box and I have armpit length hair that's semi thick. It looked pink before washing which make me kind of uneasy but to my surprise when I was washing it, it turned deeper and I was relieved. I washed until the water ran clear which rarely happens with red dyes. I rinsed with ion sulfate free shampoo with keratin. I conditioned with ion intensive repair conditioner followed with argon/marrocan oil. After straightening my hair did seem kind of dry but I was very impressed with the outcome. I achieved that little mermaid /Ronald McDonald red I've been trying to get for so long. I will buy again. The only bad thing about it is the smell. Wouldn't recommend for blonde hair, as my blonde highlights turned pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by PerfumeShoesPolishBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This did plenty to damage my hair and nothing to lift it. Twice. I've been dyeing my hair 3N& 6RG for years but I was told this would lift hair and it did absolutely nothing to lift the shades. It deposited fine though. Maybe this is strictly for virgin hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Soooo, my style icon is Christina Hendricks who plays Joan Holloway on Mad Men and I've always lusted for her gorgeous red hair!! I finally, finally, finally achieved it at home with this haircolor in Sizzling Copper. My hair is normally about a level 5 ash brown with grey here and there. I did use this with the 30% Oreor developer. Once it was mixed up including the additional tube of color, it was VERY orange and I just sort of slapped it on and held my breath. I processed it for the specified time and voila, one of the prettiest copper reds I've ever seen! The great thing about this brand is that it doesn't seem to tear up my hair like some. I just adore this color!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by youngbeautifullol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is the best red hair dye out there!! Trust me I have done my fair share of research.... I did a youtube video on it also if your interested... channel name- youngbeautifullol it works on virgin hair the best! I use 30 vol developer, and leave it on for about 45 mins or so.... and the first out come may not be as bright as you want but after a month do it again and it should get brighter. But every time you dye it again it gets brighter and it lasts longer each time. I do a color re-fresh when ever it gets faded. I use special effects dye in blood red, this is a vegetable dye so its much better for your hair. I put this in my hair like a shampoo in the shower and leave it on over night. That re-fresh tip is the BEST information i can possibly give to anyone. It works so good, but only after you have used the Hicolor dye a few times because the dye lightens your hair! So you can even go in the pool and have your hair so faded and do the re-fresh and your hair will look so amazing, bright and rich!!! Hope this helps! Good luck on your quest going red! :)
P.S. I use deep auburn red hicolor dye on my roots so they don't turn out neon, because thats the virgin hair so it takes the color more... bye guys <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Whindy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i am reviewing this product for the colors red, and magenta
first off the colors are amazing, and i do have blonde hair, but i had color dye of brown in my hair at the time, you do need to get a developer for this as well in case no one new that, but it is not like box dye at all, it wont just leave a tint in your hair, you will get the full color, i will say that if you have darker hair than a light brown you might want to get 2 if you want it to be super bright, but thats not even a problem. You get the look that you got it done at a salon but for a way cheaper price. I used red and magenta together, only because i heard that the red was a bit too bright so i mixed them together to tone it down a bit and it was perfect, i bought another one of just the red the second time around because i was daring and going for a brighter look, i did dye it back to my original hair color after a while, but im going back to it now again i always find myself going back, because it last soooo long, and it doesnt fade like normal reds do, this time around im buying just magenta because i do have a job now and i dont want the red to be too bright, the magenta will be like ariana grande, if you use the red it will still be that color but just a bit brighter. I know that the box does say for darker hair, but if you do have blonde hair you can use it with a lower developer, the color will also be a bit brighter than usual as well. If you have darker hair i suggest using a 40 vol or a 30 depending on how bright you want the color, if you want it to be bright go for the 40 vol but if you dont want the brightness go for the 30.
i hope this helped! (: