Dove cool moisture conditioner

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/5/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to conditioner, have been using this for over 10 years. There are times when I will run out of this and buy another conditioner brand because I'm in a rush, as I usually buy the Dove bulk bottle from Costco, and have always found my hair to shed like crazy.

This conditioner is perfect for nourishing my hair, keeps it from damage and shedding, and doesn't make my hair greasy. It's not to pricey either when it goes on sale at drugstores which is frequently, or costco sells a 1.18L bottle for 9.99.

on 8/10/2014 10:37:00 PM

This used to be a wonderful shampoo & conditioner combination for my fine hair. My roots get oily & the ends are drier, and it's wavy with a tendency to frizz or go flat with the wrong products (type 2c). This conditioner, before it was reformulated, made my hair shiny, detangled, and full looking. The new formula makes my hair flat, dirty looking and static-y. Ugh, I absolutely hate the reformulation. It's too bad, because I used to love this.

I noticed they added Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine to this conditioner, way up on the ingredient list, which wasn't there before. Many people report having problems with this ingredient on haircare message boards, saying it gives that coated, static-y feeling. I'm guessing this may be part of the problem, since my hair does not do well with this ingredient (I have the same problem with Suave, Vo5). All of the new reformulated Dove conditioners seem to have this ingredient now. The original formula in the white, oval shaped bottle was my favorite & I'd love to see Dove bring it back.

on 11/30/2012 4:51:00 AM

True rating: 3.5. I bought this because I've had really good luck with Dove hair care products and I really liked the cucumber scent of this. I have long, fine, bleached hair with oily roots and damaged ends, and I look for conditioners to keep my ends soft and healthy, detangle my hair, and not weigh my hair down. This conditioner was decent, but not my favorite.
Like I said, this has a really nice, light cucumber scent that slightly lingers in your hair after using. The conditioner is not super thin and watery, but it's not really thick and creamy, either, so I do like the consistency. I apply this to my ends only, let it sit for a minute or two, and then rise. It rinses out very easily and doesn't leave behind any heavy or greasy residue.
My only complaint is that I just don't feel like this is strong enough for those with damaged or dry hair. People with all-over oily hair or super-fine hair may really like this, but I don't find that it detangles well enough and it doesn't make my hair as soft and healthy looking as other conditioners I've tried. When I use this, I always have to spritz my hair with detangler just to get the knots out, which is something I haven't had to do with any other Dove conditioner.
This was a decent, affordable, everyday conditioner, but I'll be buying other Dove conditioners once this runs out (I really like Color Repair and Intensive Repair).

I thought I would like this because I love Dove soap and how moisturizing it is... but this just seemed to weigh down my hair without really giving it much moisture anyway.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in the salon pump bottle. It works just fine for me! It's nice and thick and detangles it. :) I'm not too crazy about the smell though. It smells like Bounce sheets, I was expecting something more tropical.

Works fine for a grocery store type conditioner. Smells good, detangles, doesn't leave a build up. I have dry, tortured, hair and, while I do change up my hair products constantly, I can always use this Dove line when I'm feeling cheap and easy.

on 1/29/2010 4:19:00 PM

Leaves a film on my hair and seems to dry it out. Even my boyfriend, who would use regular soap if we ran out of shampoo and conditioner, did not like this product.

on 3/14/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this conditioner. It's not especially thick, but not runny, either, and it rinses out well. After using it my hair feels soft and detangles easily, and the scent remains for about a day. It leaves my hair shiny, though not as shiny as I'd like. I also use a deep conditioner once a week, which helps with the shine. I will buy again.

on 6/16/2008 2:31:00 PM

This conditioner is just so-so. I shouldn't have bought it at Costco, because now I feel obligated to use it all up. It's not horrible, but surprised me since I usually really like Dove products. The scent is nice, but does not last at all. I like my hair to carry the scent of my shampoo/conditioner throughout the day and this has no lasting power, and the scent was the reason I bought it.

on 3/4/2008 11:10:00 PM

I changed my rating. It worked incredibly the for a while and now it's just a regualar conditioner. Didn't really do anything good, didn't really do anything bad.