July 29, 2014 | 848 users online

Conditioner - Dove - cool moisture conditioner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

True rating: 3.5. I bought this because I've had really good luck with Dove hair care products and I really liked the cucumber scent of this. I have long, fine, bleached hair with oily roots and damaged ends, and I look for conditioners to keep my ends soft and healthy, detangle my hair, and not weigh my hair down. This conditioner was decent, but not my favorite.
Like I said, this has a really nice, light cucumber scent that slightly lingers in your hair after using. The conditioner is not super thin and watery, but it's not really thick and creamy, either, so I do like the consistency. I apply this to my ends only, let it sit for a minute or two, and then rise. It rinses out very easily and doesn't leave behind any heavy or greasy residue.
My only complaint is that I just don't feel like this is strong enough for those with damaged or dry hair. People with all-over oily hair or super-fine hair may really like this, but I don't find that it detangles well enough and it doesn't make my hair as soft and healthy looking as other conditioners I've tried. When I use this, I always have to spritz my hair with detangler just to get the knots out, which is something I haven't had to do with any other Dove conditioner.
This was a decent, affordable, everyday conditioner, but I'll be buying other Dove conditioners once this runs out (I really like Color Repair and Intensive Repair).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by athousandhearts

I thought I would like this because I love Dove soap and how moisturizing it is... but this just seemed to weigh down my hair without really giving it much moisture anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by ScholarBeauty12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the salon pump bottle. It works just fine for me! It's nice and thick and detangles it. :) I'm not too crazy about the smell though. It smells like Bounce sheets, I was expecting something more tropical.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

Works fine for a grocery store type conditioner. Smells good, detangles, doesn't leave a build up. I have dry, tortured, hair and, while I do change up my hair products constantly, I can always use this Dove line when I'm feeling cheap and easy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by coeco7

Leaves a film on my hair and seems to dry it out. Even my boyfriend, who would use regular soap if we ran out of shampoo and conditioner, did not like this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this conditioner. It's not especially thick, but not runny, either, and it rinses out well. After using it my hair feels soft and detangles easily, and the scent remains for about a day. It leaves my hair shiny, though not as shiny as I'd like. I also use a deep conditioner once a week, which helps with the shine. I will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by mz654

This conditioner is just so-so. I shouldn't have bought it at Costco, because now I feel obligated to use it all up. It's not horrible, but surprised me since I usually really like Dove products. The scent is nice, but does not last at all. I like my hair to carry the scent of my shampoo/conditioner throughout the day and this has no lasting power, and the scent was the reason I bought it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by grcpg47

I changed my rating. It worked incredibly the for a while and now it's just a regualar conditioner. Didn't really do anything good, didn't really do anything bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by luvspugs

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The cucumber scent is nice, not too strong. My hair is thick, so the conditioner itself would probably be best suited to someone with thin or fine hair.
It is runny, and didn't provide very much slip. But I was able to comb out my hair with no problems.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by skippy_gayle

tested this out from a free sample at walmart.com...it smells nice and fresh, your typical cool cucumber smell...and it lingers in the hair a bit, which is nice when you just want to smell clean...its not very thick, kind of runny actually, and felt like it just sat on the top of my hair, rather than sinking in and smoothing things out... this did nothing for my hair which i consider to be very healthy...its unprocessed (no dyes or perms) and typically silky and smooth. this conditioner combined with it's matching shampoo made my hair frizzy and feel and look dry. my hair was tangled and just a mess when it flopped out of the towel...typically i can just take the towel off and run my fingers through my hair to 'comb' it. not with this combination.